The Student Room Group

AQA German GCSE May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SweatyGoldfish
I just put ''A job involving foreign languages''.

It was probably translator or something like that though.

Probably... I put a translator just because she said she wanted to find a job in another country of something like that...
Original post by Niara_Kayber
Yay, same here! I think that was right...:smile:

I'm so worried for my result. If I don't get an A I don't know what I'll do. :frown::frown:
Original post by Angusmccall
I said translator and to work abroad but I don't think that's the correct job! She spoke too fast I think and the start of the word sounded like 'Dol-'. Sorry!

Original post by BrokenS0ulz
I put translator, 2 of my friends also put translator. But I have no clue if that's right.

Original post by SweatyGoldfish
I just put ''A job involving foreign languages''.

It was probably translator or something like that though.

Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
She said she wanted to become an interpreter. 'Dolmetscher' means 'Interpreter' as dolmetschen means to interpret. For the reason I wrote that she already knew two languages and wants to learn more; but in truth she gave about three reasons so I am not sure if all of them will be right or if they were looking for a reason in particular, as the question didn't state "the most important reason" like other questions sometimes too.

:smile:
I'm so worried for my result. If I don't get an A I don't know what I'll do. :frown::frown:

I'm scared too! I taught myself and took it a year early so I'm not really expecting an A* or A... But I'll be totally over the moon with one! But after exams it feels like you dropped so many more marks than maybe you actually did! :smile:
Reply 84
Does anybody know what percentage these two papers were? I heard either 20% 25% or 30% but don't know which.
:smile:

For the reason I put something like so she could get a job in a foreign country.
Original post by Kira13
Does anybody know what percentage these two papers were? I heard either 20% 25% or 30% but don't know which.

Both 20% each.
Original post by Kira13

I'm pretty sure that they're 40% actually! (20 for reading, 20 for writing), and the 4 CAs were 60% in total... That's what I was told!
I'm scared too! I taught myself and took it a year early so I'm not really expecting an A* or A... But I'll be totally over the moon with one! But after exams it feels like you dropped so many more marks than maybe you actually did! :smile:

You must be quite clever to teach it to yourself! I don't know whether I am just imagining that I've got a lot wrong, or if I have actually got a lot wrong!
I'm pretty sure that they're 40% actually! (20 for reading, 20 for writing), and the 4 CAs were 60% in total... That's what I was told!

Yes Niara you are right, 20% for each reading and listening and a subsequent 30% each for the speaking and writing controlled assessments.

The percentages are at the bottom of this page

I essentially taught myself too as I studied it via Distance Learning. I'm hoping for an A* or an A but only results day in August will reveal the results! I too would be ecstatic to receive an A.
(edited 10 years ago)
You must be quite clever to teach it to yourself! I don't know whether I am just imagining that I've got a lot wrong, or if I have actually got a lot wrong!

Thanks, but I'm nothing special I think! Same here, I know that I got some wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm just overthinking things I might have got right!
Thanks, but I'm nothing special I think! Same here, I know that I got some wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm just overthinking things I might have got right!

Best of luck :smile: I hope you can get the grade you want :smile:
Yes Niara you are right, 20% for each reading and listening and a subsequent 30% each for the speaking and writing controlled assessments.

The percentages are at the bottom of this page

I essentially taught myself too as I studied it via Distance Learning. I'm hoping for an A* or an A but only results day in August will reveal the results! I too would be ecstatic to receive an A.

That's cool! This is my first GCSE(ever, I'm new to this world of serious exams!) and only GCSE this year, so results day can't come any quicker...
Best of luck :smile: I hope you can get the grade you want :smile:

You too :biggrin:
That's cool! This is my first GCSE(ever, I'm new to this world of serious exams!) and only GCSE this year, so results day can't come any quicker...

In my opinion, the best attitude to have is to sit the exam and then just use the summer to take some well-earned rest, especially if you have studied a subject early. If you spend all summer thinking about your result, the wait until results day will last twice as long! :lol:
Reply 95
For the first question about the moving house, was "sessel" the normal chair or the armchair? I put the armchair, I hope it's right! I also thought that for the mobile one it was A because it said that he was getting answers from his phone or something and his mother should be pleased. How hard did everyone find the reading and listening out of 10?
It's wrong though isn't it? As 'Gift card' and 'gift to the value of' are two different things. Oh well! :h:

Yes I wrote they offered them a present/gift worth €100 :smile:

Also for the interpreter one, do you think translator would be acceptable? Are translator and interpreter not synonyms? Or at least similar?
Reply 97
[QUOTE="Angusmccall;42754163"]
It's wrong though isn't it? As 'Gift card' and 'gift to the value of' are two different things. Oh well! :h:

Yes I wrote they offered them a present/gift worth €100 :smile:

Also for the interpreter one, do you think translator would be acceptable? Are translator and interpreter not synonyms? Or at least similar?

I think translator should be fine, they're pretty much the same thing. I hope so anyway, that's what I wrote :smile:
Original post by qwerty97
For the first question about the moving house, was "sessel" the normal chair or the armchair? I put the armchair, I hope it's right! I also thought that for the mobile one it was A because it said that he was getting answers from his phone or something and his mother should be pleased. How hard did everyone find the reading and listening out of 10?

Yes 'Sessel' is armchair whilst 'Stuhl' is a stool or chair made from wood, as far as I understand it.
Original post by qwerty97

Yeah you were right it literally means 'soft chair' :smile: So armchair

Quick Reply

Latest