The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rida94
Anyone know the bond angle and shape of H2O2?

It is non-linear and 104.5 deg
Reply 221
Original post by Daniel__
If your referring to the bond angle of H-O-O then it Should be 104.5, as it consists of 2bp and 2lp in both cases. Try sketching the molecule out, it should help.

Yess sorry thats what i was referring to. Ah thank you, I sketched it out and got non linear. 104.5 degrees, just wanted to confirm lol
I think,not to dampen the spirits,tomorrows exam is going to be solid.OCR made hard maths,biology an chemistry papers for 2013 and whether you think they weren't hard or not,OCR have changed the whole layout this year and put tricks in.Be careful,Good luck and let's hope the resisters like me improve and the first timers go and do themsleves happy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 223
Original post by Freddy-Francis
It is non-linear and 104.5 deg

Thank you!
Reply 224
Original post by Rida94
Yess sorry thats what i was referring to. Ah thank you, I sketched it out and got non linear. 104.5 degrees, just wanted to confirm lol

No problem.
Original post by narli
here you go

Thank you :smile:
Original post by krishkmistry
I think,not to dampen the spirits,tomorrows exam is going to be solid.OCR made hard maths,biology an chemistry papers for 2013 and whether you think they weren't hard or not,OCR have changed the whole layout this year and put tricks in.Be careful,Good luck and let's hope the resisters like me improve and the first timers go and do themsleves happy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Physics was hard this year too :/ Really hope the paper isn't going to be bad tomorrow
My first Past paper try got a D :frown:
Next one here i come
Reply 228
volatility is confusing me ?
Original post by Shanze S
volatility is confusing me ?

I'm pretty sure we dont need to know that for unit 1. Volatility is is unit 2.
Reply 230
Original post by SchoolKid.
I'm pretty sure we dont need to know that for unit 1. Volatility is is unit 2.

But i saw a question on one of the past papers stating : Explain the trend in volatilities of the halogens chlorine,bromine and iodine ? -
i cant seem to pass. anyone got any predictions?
But i saw a question on one of the past papers stating : Explain the trend in volatilities of the halogens chlorine,bromine and iodine ? -

That's unit 2 about alcohols?
Reply 233
Original post by yodawg321
That's unit 2 about alcohols?

, no it wasn't ,its like part two of a two part question. The first part being how VDW are formed. I dont know , but i seem to have written next to it as the answer about increase in electrons so increase in VDW but cant remember why so

But i have not seen it again on a past paper, so i guess it was a fluke or something

I think I did that question and I'm almost certain it was from a unit 2 paper.

Original post by scorpio22

Keep on doing past paper questions and always ready the question properly.

All you'd have to talk about is how volatility decreases down the group because strength of VDW's increases (due to increasing no. of electrons etc)
Original post by scorpio22

Original post by Freddy-Francis
My first Past paper try got a D :frown:
Next one here i come

Why do you guys start past papers a day before? :O
Reply 237
Original post by joshturnbull123
All you'd have to talk about is how volatility decreases down the group because strength of VDW's increases (due to increasing no. of electrons etc)

Yeh that makes sense , thanks
Finally finished all the 7 past papers, i got 56,58,57,56,56 in the last five.

Tomm. exam -> 45 -_- but i think revision is over now. movie TIME....!
Original post by A-New-Start
Finally finished all the 7 past papers, i got 56,58,57,56,56 in the last five.

Tomm. exam -> 45 -_- but i think revision is over now. movie TIME....!

I get 45+ in all past papers. Watch me get like 30 tomorrow lol

Latest

Trending

Trending