The Student Room Group

OCR Latin GCSE

Has anyone got the Aeneid 12 Past Paper from June 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anyone?
Reply 2
Short answer: no. OCR changes the set texts every couple of years, and so June 2012 was on Aeneid 2, not 12. Unfortunately there are no past papers on Book 12 yet, though of course there will be one next year.

(http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/134435-question-paper-unit-a404-02-latin-verse-literature-higher-tier.pdf) was the June 2012 paper, as I can personally vouch for, having taken it, but it was most certainly not on Aeneid 12.
anyone doing the exam today?
Reply 4
Yeah, I've got it today too. Good luck!
Reply 5
How did everyone find the exam? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by ABC05
How did everyone find the exam? :smile:

I found it okay-ish, made a couple silly mistakes with 'adii' and some future infinitives. I'm expecting a low A* as the grade boundaries will seemingly be quite high.
Reply 7
Harder than the paper's I'd been practising but not impossible, hopefully I did enough for the a* but Im not sure
Reply 8
Did people put "brother" or "brothers" for who helped Jupiter? Also, did you put "a huge dog" or "huge dogs" who were guarding the golden apples?
Reply 9
Original post by Claudia_gx
Harder than the paper's I'd been practising but not impossible, hopefully I did enough for the a* but Im not sure
Same here, it seemed to be harder than the past papers! What mark do you have to get out of 60 to get an A*? :smile: ETA: milesw- I put 'all of his brothers' and 'huge dogs'.
I am pretty sure it was dog. :smile:

Didn't think it was that bad, although thought the derivative question took a lot more thinking than normal.

Translation was quite nice I think, one of the nicer ones. Has anyone seen the A402H past paper about Caesar? I didn't like that translation, hope our A402 won't be that bad. :P
was Atlas changed into stone?

because someone in my class said we had to put he changed into stone like a mountain and other people said he changed into a stone mountain?
oh no was bothers plural? :/
Original post by iwishiwasclever

Exactly my thoughts when I saw that comment... an easy mark down the drain... :s-smilie:
Reply 14
Original post by radhikagulati

because someone in my class said we had to put he changed into stone like a mountain and other people said he changed into a stone mountain?

Said he was changed into a mountain.
Original post by iwishiwasclever

Not sure, I put that but tbh I can't really tell the difference between singular and plural :biggrin: :biggrin: Because 'omnes' was in there I guessed it meant 'all' of his brothers.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by radhikagulati

I said he was changed into a mountain but then when there was the question about what we learn from him in passage C, I said he was violent as he changed him to 'stone' just for not welcoming him properly.
Original post by ABC05
Said he was changed into a mountain.

Not sure, I put that but tbh I can't really tell the difference between singular and plural :biggrin: :biggrin: Because 'omnes' was in there I guessed it meant 'all' of his brothers.

oh okay, because the top summary bit said that Atlas was turned into stone?
Reply 17
I thought that the all (omnes) wasn't agreeing with the brothers so:
he killed them all with the help of his brothers?
otherwise 'omnes' would have had a different ending?
But not totally sure!
Reply 18
Original post by dill1996
I thought that the all (omnes) wasn't agreeing with the brothers so:
he killed them all with the help of his brothers?
otherwise 'omnes' would have had a different ending?
But not totally sure!

It did agree with brothers
Okay guys : It was -into a mountain - brothers plural - a huge dog singular.

I felt it was a nice exam - but not that much easier than the jan 2013 paper, so i would expect the GB for a* to be 52/53 :smile:

Quick Reply