The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3360
Schools getting more and more emotional as the days come to an end. :/

On a high note... The sociology exam was so easy. I was actually confused and thought they gave us a past paper. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Through the DV lottery, marriage or employment? If your immediate family - i.e. not cousins, uncles, or aunts - are citizens/green card holders you can get them to sponsor you.
Reply 3362
Glad GCSE German is out of the way.
Reply 3363
Original post by Princepieman
Through the DV lottery, marriage or employment? If your immediate family - i.e. not cousins, uncles, or aunts - are citizens/green card holders you can get them to sponsor you.

Marriage it is.... Just need to find the taylor swift singing bugger now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
random question..But, if in an exam the question says:
Give 1 reason why ....etc
What happens if you put 2 reasons, but they're both correct? Or if you put 2 reasons and the first is wrong/not mentioned on the mark scheme, but the second is correct?
Original post by Jina
Marriage it is.... Just need to find the taylor swift singing bugger now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha yeah!. Don't forget to check your snail mail, you never know what surprise might be there :wink:
^ There you go! Seriously though, the odds are not great. I've been doing it for 3 years and still nada

EDIT: Do you speak Mandarin as well? Hong Kong is awesmazing! I lived there for a year when I was younger.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jina
Aww... I wish my school was like that so it would be easier to leave. :/ my form tutor is so cute he took pictures of us secretly and made a video and everyone teared up... Girls schools are too emotional... Hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww that's so sweet! :smile:
Original post by Jina
Aww... I wish my school was like that so it would be easier to leave. :/ my form tutor is so cute he took pictures of us secretly and made a video and everyone teared up... Girls schools are too emotional... Hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what my teacher did in Year 6... he expected all of us to cry but only 1 person ended up crying :biggrin:
Wish I learnt how to sing when I was younger/could sing naturally :c

Posted from TSR Mobile
Check out my edit.

What about Tokyo or Singapore? I've made a thorough list of cities I want to live in throughout my career - I know, I know. I've always wanted to live like my dad did; travelling to a new city every 3 - 6 years, learning new customs and languages, making use of the opportunities within emerging markets etc..

I can post my list if you want? (I have lists for literally everything it's insane)
Do you speak Cantonese? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meliss
Wish I learnt how to sing when I was younger/could sing naturally :c

Posted from TSR Mobile

You still can because if you didn't know, everyone can sing. :ninja: I could teach you :biggrin:

It's really down to your breathing technique and awareness of your range.
this is quite random, but basically in the future i would like to go travelling (im year 11) and thinking about it i don't seem to have any time until i graduate fro uni, id like to go to uni and not take a gap year, is there anyway i could fit travelling anytime during the sixth form/uni period? or do i basically just have to wait till the end of uni?
In a tiz, how do you know the position of an image from a lens? I've only just got my head around real and virtual images :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iwishiwasclever
this is quite random, but basically in the future i would like to go travelling (im year 11) and thinking about it i don't seem to have any time until i graduate fro uni, id like to go to uni and not take a gap year, is there anyway i could fit travelling anytime during the sixth form/uni period? or do i basically just have to wait till the end of uni?

In the future, when you have a job offer. You could ask the employer to defer your commencement by a year. Alternatively, you could do a study abroad year within your degree.

Re: Sixth form, summer is really the only time you could do any sort of extensive travel.
Lay ho! :biggrin: man, I just don't know how to write this stuff out in English :frown:

Does this make sense to you?
Dai bun jurng
Tza tsee churng
Huy da jurng
Da mm yeng
Fan lai sik wun laat jew jurng :laugh:

(Elephant held a gun went to war didn't win the war so come back and ate a bowl of chilli)

Posted from TSR Mobile
What political reasons, if you don't mind me asking?

Here's the list of cities I would like to spend time in:

Hong Kong
London
San Francisco
Paris
Dubai
Shanghai
Sydney
Melbourne
Geneva
Zurich
Los Angeles
Tokyo
Jakarta
São Paulo
Original post by Princepieman
Canada is currently under-populated -compared to their land mass - so they are aggresively promoting immigration, especially within the highly sought after professions.

Gah, I sound like a spokesperson for Canada:tongue:

Canada is the nicer, more free-health-care-ier America :pierre:
My grandma taught me that :h: not sure why, but I've always remembered it and its a nice little rhyme imo ^^
Yeah, Bude tried that with me- I had no idea what he was going on about at first :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest