The Student Room Group

Sick and tired of earning under £40k

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Freak Out
No it doesn't... Rude is the last word I'd use to describe the usage of two question marks.

How does it add impatience when they were offering advice and not asking for something? I use two question marks sometimes for emphasis or because I feel like it. Are you suggesting that I'm illiterate?

Stop being so touchy!

When asking questions and multiple times adding "emphasis", that surely is a clear indicator of impatience.

Evidently you're not illiterate, but doing this "??" isn't proper written English either is it?
Original post by M1011
When asking questions and multiple times adding "emphasis", that surely is a clear indicator of impatience.

Evidently you're not illiterate, but doing this "??" isn't proper written English either is it?

It's not even worth pointing out.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by DepressedMike
I know this sounds silly but I am getting so jealous of my friends that earn more than me. I’m 25 and currently earn £34k, but I look at some of my friends that are earning £40k+ and I feel like a complete failure. I know I shouldn’t compare myself to others, but it’s really getting me down.

Anyone else get this?

I've been stuck on bloody £30something k since I left Uni and I'm getting frustrated when I see my friends move up and up.

What do you do? What do your friends do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by AP1989
What do you do? What do your friends do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

eeks are your friends working in finance/ technology/law?
Reply 24
Original post by ebam_uk
eeks are your friends working in finance/ technology/law?

Did you mean to quote me?
Reply 25
It's not even worth pointing out.

Evidently I thought it was.

Just like you evidently thought it was worth defending it.
Reply 26
Original post by M1011

They were just pointing out that your pedantic and, ultimately, redundant comment was stupid.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by Occams Chainsaw
They were just pointing out that your pedantic and, ultimately, redundant comment was stupid.

Well it seems to have sparked more active debate then the rest of the thread, so evidently it had some merit.

I don't think pedantic is the correct word. I wasn't pointing out a mistake or something of that elk.
Original post by M1011

That's because it annoys me when people comment on the most inane things.

An extra question mark... Really...

Original post by Occams Chainsaw

Thanks, pedantic is the perfect word to describe it!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
That's because it annoys me when people comment on the most inane things.

An extra question mark... Really...

I don't mean to sensationalise, but it was actually several extra question marks.

Thanks, pedantic is the perfect word to describe it!

Not really. It was more the tone of the post I was criticising, as portrayed through his reckless abandonment with the question mark key.
I'm sure you can sell your arse and make up the rest?
Blatant troll here :troll:
Original post by M1011
I don't mean to sensationalise, but it was actually several extra question marks.

Not really. It was more the tone of the post I was criticising, as portrayed through his reckless abandonment with the question mark key.

Goodness me, get over it. :rolleyes:
Reply 33
Goodness me, get over it. :rolleyes:

I do believe you began this little debate between us, although I do appreciate a good eye rolling emote as much as the next man.

Did I come across to you as being in particular distress about the situation? Nevertheless, I'll do my best to get past this tragic experience.
Original post by M1011
What is wrong with using a single question mark? It looks so rude when people do this '??' all the time.

I hate it too. It doesn't look rude to me, just grammatically incorrect and insistent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending