The Student Room Group

AQA German GCSE May 2013

Scroll to see replies

what do you think youd need to get an A or B???
Reply 101
Original post by rihannagirl
what do you think youd need to get an A or B???

I reckon for an A in the listening about 32, maybe 28 for a B and in the reading about 35 for an A and 30 for a B. Don't trust me though, just a guess
Reply 102
Original post by Angusmccall
Yeah you were right it literally means 'soft chair' :smile: So armchair

Phew! Thought I got the first question wrong then, wouldn't be a good start :smile:
Really, really want to know what the answers were :cry2:
Reply 104
For the first question in the reading I put she was taking her microwave because she said something like hopefully it will last for another couple of years. I cant remember the other thing I put down.

As for the listening paper and the job question, I put interpreter.. More of a guess than anything but I am sure the will accept translator. I think there was more than one reason too.. I put because she could work abroad which is Im ausland.

I think the grade boundaries will be quite low though so maybe 30 for an a? It was pretty hard.. Not sure. Grade boundaries change like crazy anyway so just be glad we are done with a whole gcse!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 105
Original post by rianna56
For the first question in the reading I put she was taking her microwave because she said something like hopefully it will last for another couple of years. I cant remember the other thing I put down.

As for the listening paper and the job question, I put interpreter.. More of a guess than anything but I am sure the will accept translator. I think there was more than one reason too.. I put because she could work abroad which is Im ausland.

I think the grade boundaries will be quite low though so maybe 30 for an a? It was pretty hard.. Not sure. Grade boundaries change like crazy anyway so just be glad we are done with a whole gcse!

Posted from TSR Mobile

i did this exam today and the room was so echoey do you think that if everyone complained the exam board would lower the grade boundaries?
Original post by ks100
i did this exam today and the room was so echoey do you think that if everyone complained the exam board would lower the grade boundaries?

I doubt it. Did you not tell the invigilators before the exam?

Original post by qwerty97

I think translator should be fine, they're pretty much the same thing. I hope so anyway, that's what I wrote :smile:

Here's hoping we are right! :biggrin:
Reply 107
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom

no one noticed until the first question because the sound test was too short to realise. Do you think we would get made to do the test again then?
[QUOTE="ks100;42756026"]
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom

no one noticed until the first question because the sound test was too short to realise. Do you think we would get made to do the test again then?

I do not wish to insult you, but I find that hard to believe. There is at least a good few minutes of audio before the first question as the narrator reads out the exam instructions that are printed on the front of the book. If there truly was a problem with the audio that made it difficult to hear I think an invigilator or student would have objected. I doubt anything will be done in relation to your paper.
Reply 109
anyone know the answer to the question which was bout smoking or something and why her dad was doing? And for the last question on the reading ... did the florian guy buy 3 notebooks?
Reply 110
Original post by Kira13
Does anybody know what percentage these two papers were? I heard either 20% 25% or 30% but don't know which.

Yeah they were 20% each. Speaking is 30% and Writing is 30%.
Original post by kavym
anyone know the answer to the question which was bout smoking or something and why her dad was doing? And for the last question on the reading ... did the florian guy buy 3 notebooks?

I think it said he was outside because he was smoking and someone didn't like it, and she wanted him to choose between her or smoking? I struggled with that question to be honest. Yes, the guy bought 3 laptops.
Reply 112
Original post by kavym

I put he went smoking outside?
Reply 113
[QUOTE="21stcenturyphantom;42756317"]
Original post by ks100

I do not wish to insult you, but I find that hard to believe. There is at least a good few minutes of audio before the first question as the narrator reads out the exam instructions that are printed on the front of the book. If there truly was a problem with the audio that made it difficult to hear I think an invigilator or student would have objected. I doubt anything will be done in relation to your paper.

ohh i know i just don't think people realised because the person was speaking in english so it was easier to understand and also the invigilators also realised that it was echoey so they told the teacher who is going to phone the exam board tomorrow
Reply 114
Original post by NedSchool
Ahaha I put he went to rehab :biggrin:

I put she spent to much money on his credit card d:

I so failed this exam! It was so hard!

I think the answer was, he was kicked outside because he was a smoker and she said that he would either stay wet or have to stop smoking
was the it C the city was neglected? what was the vegetarian answer? was cat sick? where was his work experience? what was the whole thing with his girlfriend?
For the thing about his girlfriend, I put that she'd said she didn't want to go to the concert with him (he'd bought concert tickets) but I was kinda guessing! :s-smilie:
can anyone remember the question after the smiley faces on the listening?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending