The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

I just went through the previous past papers and the poems that havnt come up for conflict are:
come on come back
falling leaves
next to of course god america i
hawk roosting
flag
out of the blue
yellow palm
right word
at the border
Out of the poems that haven't come up for Character and voice, what is the likelihood that The River God comes up?
How shall I structure my answer for the Conflict Cluster and for the Unseen Poetry?

Thanks and Good Luck!
Reply 2463
CAN SOMEONE MAKE A POLL PLZZZZZZZZZ FOR LIKELY QUESTIONS THAT WILL CMOE UP SO THAT IT CAN BE SET UP TILL 12 TO SEE WHICH ONES ARE LIKELY#:THE FOLLOWING POEMS ARE ONES THAT HAVE YET TO COME UP:

Born Yesterday

Sonnet 116

To His Coy Mistress

Ghazal

Original post by yazzieee
I'm doing relationships does anyone know what poems are likely to come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The more likely poems to come up are:
1. Born Yesterday
2. To His Coy Mistress
4. Sonnet 116
5. Ghazal
Does anyone know which poems came up for character and voice in january this year?
Original post by ting n blah
Does anyone know which poems came up for character and voice in january this year?

think it was the horse whisperer
Original post by ting n blah

It was how are feelings and ideas presented in The Horse Whisperer, and how is an interesting character presented in Singh Song :smile:
Great, thanks a lot! Good luck tomorrow everyone
Reply 2469
Original post by Ryan2159
Can someone give me some exam style questions for Out of the blue and Come on come back?
Thanks

Anyone?
Reply 2470
In need of IMMEDIATE help please guys!

right when you analyse two poems (doesn't matter what cluster)
can you pick out how they use different techniques? For example if one poem has an oxymoron does the other one have to have an oxymoron as well to write about it?
or can you pick out different techniques and just explain their effect?

thanks guys
i think you should pick the same feature/device and state how it has a different effect on the reader.. you could also point out how the feature is used for different purposes in each poem
Hey guys a quick question: are enjambements/caesuras part of STRUCTURE or LANGUAGE? Please answer! :smile:
Original post by JustaDreamer
Hey guys a quick question: are enjambements/caesuras part of STRUCTURE or LANGUAGE? Please answer! :smile:

both .. well both
Original post by fs1996
In need of IMMEDIATE help please guys!

right when you analyse two poems (doesn't matter what cluster)
can you pick out how they use different techniques? For example if one poem has an oxymoron does the other one have to have an oxymoron as well to write about it?
or can you pick out different techniques and just explain their effect?

thanks guys

no.. you can write about how different effects are used to mkae the same/ different feeling
the efects need to link to the theme of the question in some way
Original post by Ryan075
There is someone on this thread called Jack59. He has the past paper questions for all sections of the anthology (c&v, place, conflict, relationships. He also has predictions as to what might come up. May be worth an ask? Best of luck with it though! :smile:

Original post by ryanb97
OOTB, Hawk roosting.. the yeallow palm or come on come back

at least one of them should come up -- since they havent so far

ryan

Thank you both, you have made me less worried now :banana2:
Reply 2476
hello im new and was wondering about some stuff
im doing the character and voice section and was wondering what should I revise mainly
and also how should i structure my paragraphs and what should I put in them and by that I mean what should i write about, tone, theme etc.
Reply 2477
Does anybody have any predictions of what poem their going to ask about tomorrow from the character and voice section because at the moment I am just going through all the poems but are their any ones that I should focus on particularly?
In the first exam I didnt write on the very bottom line because I didnt realise you were meant to, is this going to have an effect on the marking? :s-smilie:
Original post by ryanb97
both .. well both

Okay, so say I was talking about these techniques, would you preferably talk about them in a paragraph concerning structure or language? Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending