The Student Room Group

AQA Accounting Unit 2 - 22nd May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brandon_RNS
I got 141,140 for the income statement

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got £135,740 - £5,400 different - I think this is from the provision for doubtful debts? You weren't meant to take the £5,400 away from expenses, just add the increase in the provision on!
Reply 201
The paper was relatively good. Apart from the income statement-hopefully I got most adjustments right
Reply 202
Original post by tom_elsey
I got £135,740 - £5,400 different - I think this is from the provision for doubtful debts? You weren't meant to take the £5,400 away from expenses, just add the increase in the provision on!

Yh they were contained I'm operating expenses so you were meant to take it away
Reply 203
Original post by Economist21
Got exactly the same

Ahhhh haha, put my mind at ease.

What did you get in Unit 1 so i can trust you :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yh i just added the increase in provision to operating expenses. it was £720 or something.
Reply 205

You were supposed to, it said in the adjustment, that it was last years provision included not this year trust me i went over this one twice. You are supposed to work out the provision separately

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 206
Original post by Infamous12
yh i just added the increase in provision to operating expenses. it was £720 or something.

Yeah 720 increase

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anna21
How about income statement ?
I cant remember exact figure but .
Revenue - 8400
cost of sales + 4100
rent received + 12000
expenses - 5400 + 720
director r - 38000
loss on sales 3000
less 6% debenture 36000
less tax 38000

I got something like that
Yeah 720 increase

Posted from TSR Mobile

I literally just added the 720 to the original operating expenses figure. I was thinking about deducting the £5400 but i was running out of time. How many marks lost would you say that is?
You were supposed to, it said in the adjustment, that it was last years provision included not this year trust me i went over this one twice. You are supposed to work out the provision separately

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh I get it now, should only be 1-2 marks lost, think I did well on the rest of the paper to make up for it :biggrin:
Reply 210
I literally just added the 720 to the original operating expenses figure. I was thinking about deducting the £5400 but i was running out of time. How many marks lost would you say that is?

Not much mate maybe 3 considering the other adjustments dont worry about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 211

27 marks in total . if you working out they will not lose lots of mark .
Reply 212
Question 2 about capital and revenue expenditure . How did you guys do ?
Reply 213
Original post by anna21
Question 2 about capital and revenue expenditure . How did you guys do ?

Included everything except the last one about some annual payment in the cost of the asset

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 214
I think I did question's 1, 2 & 4 quite well but I messed up the 15 marker on Q3. Literally was begging for a question about Share's or a question about Equity but they didn't come up :frown:

I did 3 past paper's before I went in and got exactly the same mark (70/80) in all of them plus I got 93% in Unit 1 so I was feeling quite good about it but now I feel kinda depressed

I got £183040 for Q4, Did anyone get that or something similar?
Included everything except the last one about some annual payment in the cost of the asset

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah cost of vehicle plus the first two. The last one was revenue expenditure so i didnt include it. Do you remember what you got for depreciation?
Reply 216

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes , i got wrong , i add all of these :smile:) and so my depreciation and profit as well.
Reply 217
Original post by anna21
yes , i got wrong , i add all of these :smile:) and so my depreciation and profit as well.

You had to add the first two but not the last one as it was revenue expenditure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 218
Original post by Tom Richardson
For the profit I reduced it by £43700. £35000 for the wages then £4350 x 6 then depreciated it which equalled £8700 for the laptops because there were 6 staff which needed a laptop

Why would you multiply 4350 by 6 when the total cost of the computers was 4350 and that cost would go into the balance sheet as a current asset. The only effect would be he depreciation of the laptops in the income statement?
Reply 219
What did you guys get for the rent part in the IS, because in the notes it said 12000 annual rent but on the draft I think it was 13200, I just assumed they received a prepayment of income of 1200, and under other incomes I just wrote rent is 13200, is that wrong?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending