The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by K the Failure
I experienced anorgasmia when on Fluoxetine... took me a whole weekend to figure that one out.

Are you still on it?
Reply 1181
Original post by PonchoKid
i know its not ED stuff for me, but i didnt want to trigger anyone, i probably should have worded it better, my brains pretty broken currently :frown: even watching people eat or talk about food isnt making my stomach grumble, i just have no appetite, so have to force myself to eat atleast once a day :s-smilie: been going on deffo since monday, i just dont want to suddenly turn the other way and binge :s-smilie:

Oh, I didn't mean to say that you thought it was ED stuff, just want to make sure that you're not overthinking it too much and reassure you that it's normal. :smile: When I have depressive bouts of low appetite it isn't normally followed by binging - normally I'm more likely to binge if I'm deliberately restricting for a while, rather than just because I'm not hungry.

I agree that it's a good idea to eat once a day. I've just personally found it's funny but when I say to myself "you MUST eat at least 600kcals per day" suddenly that target can get really, really hard to reach and it feels like I'm shovelling food in. If I take a more relaxed approach and just snack on fruit and nuts or cereal throughout the day it suddenly gets a lot easier to hit a much better amount. Now I don't focus on hitting targets so much anymore even during low appetite phases I can snack my way up to about 1200kcals, but overthinking it just makes my appetite go away more.

------

Seems that I've started spending money like it's going out of fashion. Not entirely sure why. Maybe just taking exam nerves out on the bank account. I'm glad I have a job in a few weeks cos I need some earnings to counterbalance this. :tongue:
My exam went quite well today :smile: Im actually really proud of myself for the amount of effort ive put in these last few months depsite everything thats happened with me. Ive managed to not let depression ruin this unlike everything else. So im really pleased :biggrin:

Anyway 1 exam down 3 more to go. Ive got a lot of motivation right now so thats good. And im getting more hours at work, so im keeping busy and not letting depressing thoughts and stuff take over. I havent felt this strong in a very long time. Hopefully it stays.

I can do this :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1183
Why is life so hard? Why can't I just have some ****ing happiness for a change? It just seems that I try and be nice and I try and do my work and do this and that, this and that and STILL people don't appreciate the amount of work I do when i'm feeling at my absolute worst. I honestly just wish invisible and live life that way where I can interact with people when I feel like. Am I just a waste of space? Why is everyone so damn cruel to the point that they go out of their way to insult people and make life hell for others. Why is it that people that do all I just mentioned get praised when they do one little thing right but for someone like me who tries and do everything right get little-to-no damn praise. I hate not having a close friend because this a time when i'd love to have one, but because i'm a waste of space it seems, perhaps it's best that I don't. I came into 2013 thinking "well it can't get much worse than the tail-end of 2012" WRONG!! In some cases it has and i'm struggling to turn this pessimistic view point around.
Just ARGHRGRHOG, why does it have to be me or anyone, to feel like this. I'm feeling pure anger and sad like emotions right now and I don't what to do. What can I do?

I hate ranting, but I had to vent...not that it did much though.
Original post by IDukem
Why is life so hard? Why can't I just have some ****ing happiness for a change? It just seems that I try and be nice and I try and do my work and do this and that, this and that and STILL people don't appreciate the amount of work I do when i'm feeling at my absolute worst. I honestly just wish invisible and live life that way where I can interact with people when I feel like. Am I just a waste of space? Why is everyone so damn cruel to the point that they go out of their way to insult people and make life hell for others. Why is it that people that do all I just mentioned get praised when they do one little thing right but for someone like me who tries and do everything right get little-to-no damn praise. I hate not having a close friend because this a time when i'd love to have one, but because i'm a waste of space it seems, perhaps it's best that I don't. I came into 2013 thinking "well it can't get much worse than the tail-end of 2012" WRONG!! In some cases it has and i'm struggling to turn this pessimistic view point around.
Just ARGHRGRHOG, why does it have to be me or anyone, to feel like this. I'm feeling pure anger and sad like emotions right now and I don't what to do. What can I do?

I hate ranting, but I had to vent...not that it did much though.

:hugs: I completely understand how you feel. Especially the bold bit.
Sending you lots of hugs. Sorry for the crap reply my head is fuzzy right now, just wanted to let you know you're not alone. :hugs:
Reply 1185
Rapid oscillation between "I'm going to KICK Cambridge's ass and show them I didn't need to intermit" and "**** I'm going to prove them right and **** up all my exams and shouldn't even be here argh".

Argh.

Bleh.
Original post by eddie4921
My exam went quite well today :smile: Im actually really proud of myself for the amount of effort ive put in these last few months depsite everything thats happened with me. Ive managed to not let depression ruin this unlike everything else. So im really pleased :biggrin:

Anyway 1 exam down 3 more to go. Ive got a lot of motivation right now so thats good. And im getting more hours at work, so im keeping busy and not letting depressing thoughts and stuff take over. I havent felt this strong in a very long time. Hopefully it stays.

I can do this :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

THAT'S BRILLIANT!! :grin:
Good luck with your other exams
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Someone came to my door and was persistent and rang the bell three times. I hid under the sofa. Now they're back, keep pressing it for ages. LEAVE. ME. ALONE. :cry:

:hugs: I hope they've stopped now. If they come back tell them you've called the cops and they'll probably ***k off or just listen to some really loud music and ignore them. :console: x
Original post by Kindred
:hugs: I hope they've stopped now. If they come back tell them you've called the cops and they'll probably ***k off or just listen to some really loud music and ignore them. :console: x

They've gone now, thanks :smile: I feel so pathetic for that upsetting me but I'm having one of those days where I just feel so lethargic and don't want to face the outside world. If I'm not coming to my door, it means I don't want to, GO AWAY arhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Some people are inconsiderate :frown:
Reply 1189
Original post by ANONYM00SE
:hugs: I completely understand how you feel. Especially the bold bit.
Sending you lots of hugs. Sorry for the crap reply my head is fuzzy right now, just wanted to let you know you're not alone. :hugs:

I just give up really! I stay out of peoples way and I hardly ever insult because I know how much an insult can affect people. So today when people decided to do so, it got me really frustrated and upset I must admit. I wish there was someone out there who isn't a teacher or a family member that genuinely cares, because I need them so much. My confidence has been shattered, my self-esteem is really low and i'm struggling to keep together at the seems. I feel like I have all this weight on my shoulders yet I have no idea what that weight is...it's really confusing. I felt like a complete idiot when I did something veyr basic wrong and everyone started laugh and everything. I am a highly sensitive guy and I don't give a **** if people think that's bad or whatever. But why do people do it and why am I so alone in a world that feels so cold?

Thank you for the reply though, I do feel alone though :frown: My rambled drivel would have been hard to give a detail reply to anyway, i'm just thankful you did anyway :h: have lots of hugs back :hugs: :hugs:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FEEL SO AGITATED. Like I have restless legs. Like I need to jump about but I have no enegery. So annoying. I need to run about and sleep at the same time. Stupid side effects
Reply 1191
Original post by eddie4921
I have that exam tomorrow too :smile: Tomorrows a new day you might feel better then. Idk. But good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by asdfgah
Good luck guys! I hope it goes well for you. :smile: Am doing psychology degree so if you have any sudden questions it is marginally possible that I will know the answer (feel free to try me).

Original post by thatsthebadger93
Good luck with the exam tomorrow, hope it goes well for both of you :smile:

-----

Thanks! :smile:

Well, I think it could have been worse :yep: :ninja:. I was just struggling to open my revision stuff last night and was so tired so I didn't do any. But yeah, I didn't remember the name of any person (except Ainsworth for the "Strange Situation" study :tongue:) and couldn't even remember something as basic as the Working Memory Model. Just stated the names of the parts on that question without explaining. Also went right to the end of my extra time because I kept losing concentration. If I kept it then I could have just about finished within the normal time I think. But who cares, that is what the extra time is for :biggrin: :innocent:
Reply 1192
Original post by Cornelius
Sertraline.

No see above. Did your symptoms go away after you stopped taking it?

I am not extremely bothered if the symptoms are only temporary. But I am extremely bothered if I'm gonna have sexual problems for the rest of my life because of a stupid pill. I read two papers on this (note, I think it's extremely rare but there's not much evidence either way) but I am already worried about it (and I'd be panicking if I wasn't on sertraline tbh - so it works in that respect)

I'm still on it.

Original post by rmhumphries

Citalopram is an SSRI, yes.

Original post by PonchoKid
so im living in a house where its 1 rule for me and 1 rule for everyone else, its sports awards tonight so everyones going out, and by the looks of things everyones staying here, and i just know theyll be noisey :frown: i dont mind them stopping here but i havnt been asked, i used to get asked if it was ok. i just give up i really do :cry2:

:lovehug: Hate those ****ing useless tossers who do that. That has happened to me throughout my life. Even teachers in school did that :sad:. And those people who ****ing justify it............. :angry:

The only positive thing I suppose is that you don't have long left here :tongue:. Not possible to join in I guess? If not then maybe music or something could help? :lovehug:
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
They've gone now, thanks :smile: I feel so pathetic for that upsetting me but I'm having one of those days where I just feel so lethargic and don't want to face the outside world. If I'm not coming to my door, it means I don't want to, GO AWAY arhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Some people are inconsiderate :frown:

It's fine that'd annoy me any day. :P
Sit down watching a film and have a nice hot chocolate. Ignore the shakes if you can. Just distract yourself however you can and you won't notice it so much. It'll go away soon enough don't worry *hugs*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1194
Absolutely terrified for my CMHT assessment tomorrow :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IDukem
I just give up really! I stay out of peoples way and I hardly ever insult because I know how much an insult can affect people. So today when people decided to do so, it got me really frustrated and upset I must admit. I wish there was someone out there who isn't a teacher or a family member that genuinely cares, because I need them so much. My confidence has been shattered, my self-esteem is really low and i'm struggling to keep together at the seems. I feel like I have all this weight on my shoulders yet I have no idea what that weight is...it's really confusing. I felt like a complete idiot when I did something veyr basic wrong and everyone started laugh and everything. I am a highly sensitive guy and I don't give a **** if people think that's bad or whatever. But why do people do it and why am I so alone in a world that feels so cold?

Thank you for the reply though, I do feel alone though :frown: My rambled drivel would have been hard to give a detail reply to anyway, i'm just thankful you did anyway :h: have lots of hugs back :hugs: :hugs:

It's fine you're not rambling I am going through the same thing kind of :hugs: Except my family don't really give a **** - my mum refuses to talk to me about it she just blanks me and changes subject even though she never used to be like it - think she's just fed up with me being mentally ****ed up... my dad just goes on about OH GET ACUPUNCTURE AND YOU'LL BE CURED.... TRY MASSAGE AND YOU'LL BE CURED.... EAT A BANANA AND YOU'LL BE CURED... JUMP UP AND DOWN 23 TIMES AND YOU'LL BE CURED. so I just give up with family... I only have my boyfriend :/ and sort of my biology teacher... but obviously I don't talk to her in much depth - she'd probably run a mile.
I know what you mean about self confidence/self esteem... and making mistakes... where if someone else did it they'd brush it off but if I do it I feel ridiculous and probably end up crying and avoiding ever doing whatever it was that led to that mistake... then get anxious in future... like someone drove in to the back of me at this one roundabout (not my fault at all i was stationary) and now I get really anxious about driving and in particular that roundabout... feel so pathetic and ridiculous - nobody else would be bothered by it 6 months onwards.
also the insult thing - totally agree I am the same... and also sensitive - particularly to criticism because then I start to criticise myself and everything else about myself :frown:
what really upsets me and sounds really pathetic is when i slog my guts out and get no credit yet someone who does one tiny thing gets paraded around like they've found the cure for cancer..... grrrrr.. dunno just always feel like I've been made to feel worthless or not good enough :/

:hugs:
Original post by Cornelius
Are you still on it?

Nope; it did nothing for my depression.
not feeling right tonight, and really scared about it :afraid:

been feeling the same for a while now i think, but had no motivation to follow my thoughts or ideas through, but tonight im scared because i know i have the energy and motivation to :sad:

really dont know if i can hold out :cry2:
Reply 1198
Original post by ANONYM00SE
It's fine you're not rambling I am going through the same thing kind of :hugs: Except my family don't really give a **** - my mum refuses to talk to me about it she just blanks me and changes subject even though she never used to be like it - think she's just fed up with me being mentally ****ed up... my dad just goes on about OH GET ACUPUNCTURE AND YOU'LL BE CURED.... TRY MASSAGE AND YOU'LL BE CURED.... EAT A BANANA AND YOU'LL BE CURED... JUMP UP AND DOWN 23 TIMES AND YOU'LL BE CURED. so I just give up with family... I only have my boyfriend :/ and sort of my biology teacher... but obviously I don't talk to her in much depth - she'd probably run a mile.
I know what you mean about self confidence/self esteem... and making mistakes... where if someone else did it they'd brush it off but if I do it I feel ridiculous and probably end up crying and avoiding ever doing whatever it was that led to that mistake... then get anxious in future... like someone drove in to the back of me at this one roundabout (not my fault at all i was stationary) and now I get really anxious about driving and in particular that roundabout... feel so pathetic and ridiculous - nobody else would be bothered by it 6 months onwards.
also the insult thing - totally agree I am the same... and also sensitive - particularly to criticism because then I start to criticise myself and everything else about myself :frown:
what really upsets me and sounds really pathetic is when i slog my guts out and get no credit yet someone who does one tiny thing gets paraded around like they've found the cure for cancer..... grrrrr.. dunno just always feel like I've been made to feel worthless or not good enough :/

:hugs:

It sucks doesn't it? :frown: :hugs: I'm sorry to hear that about your family :hugs: Sometimes they try and help but unintentionally makes things worse or not say Anthony because they're worried they'd say the wrong thing :-/ When people say "be more positive" that annoys me because it's easier said than done! If they said "perhaps you could be more positive if you tried something new" or something similar, that's less annoying to me because at least they're trying to make something of a suggestion. My family are helpful, but I need a friend...a close friend that can raise me up when i'm down and make me laugh when I can't seem to even crack a smile. I just don't have one and I never really did have one either :frown: Two of my teachers are nice are extremely caring and chat to one of them every once in a while :smile:
I wish I could develop thicker skin so I can brush stuff off. I'm sure people don't mean the things they say or are unaware that they're mentally hurting people, but it means something to me and it's hard to shake off. My lack of confidence and self-esteem has gotten the better of me so many times but I find it hard change that. I'm sorry to hear about your roundabout accident :hugs: :hugs: It doesn't make you sound pathetic or worthless at all as it wasn't your fault at all, but I understand how it's easy to think that it is :frown:
Yeah i'm the same with everything you said there. One of my teachers understands how hard I work and does praise me when she can, but whether i'm just being pathetic or not I don't know but sometimes some praise can really lift my spirits up. Worthless just somes up how I feel about myself at this period of time to be honest :frown:

Hopefully things will pick up for the both us eh? :hugs:
Reply 1199
Feeling really really sick. Anxiety is so bad and horrible and urgh. Have already been sick from it once today and I don't want to again. Not sure what's even going on. I haven't been outside or anything scary, and exams are getting close but I don't normally get so irrational about exams. Don't want to take diazepam because a) it's not that great for cognitive functions and b) I don't want to run out. But feel so ****ty as well.

Latest