The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JustaDreamer
Okay, so say I was talking about these techniques, would you preferably talk about them in a paragraph concerning structure or language? Thank you! :smile:

personally i would use them where i can make a valid comparison..i guess i use it ''interchange-ably'' :smile:
Original post by NinjaPandaa
In the first exam I didnt write on the very bottom line because I didnt realise you were meant to, is this going to have an effect on the marking? :s-smilie:

i didnt either... i dont think so
Original post by ryanb97

okay thank god, I'm pretty sure I never ended a sentance on the bottom of a line so it would be clear I hadn't finished
Original post by ryanb97

ok I looked at two model answers and one person had and another hadnt so it's alright
Original post by ryanb97
personally i would use them where i can make a valid comparison..i guess i use it ''interchange-ably'' :smile:

Okay thank you! :smile:
Does anyone know what came up in the character and voice cluster in the jan 2013 exam?
Reply 2486
[QUOTE="hatter;42730912" Swag="Swag"]
Original post by goldfish21
<br>
<br>
How did you find it??<br>
And I know, NOBODY does it :/<br>
<br>
<br>
This was posted from The Student Room's iPad App
<br>
<br>
I did it too! I found the first bit okay, and the second part AWWWWFUL!!!!!!! I barely wrote half a page for (b)! What about you?
Reply 2487
im a bit late, but did anyone do AIC and TKAM the other dayy?
Original post by Yahya678
What characters and themes should I revise for Romeo and Juliet and Animal Farm and what is likely to come?
This is for English Literature Unit 4.

I don't know if my advice will mean much to you but for Animal Farm my class studied on the themes of Power, Education, Ignorance and Manipulation of language. All these themes seems to link closely with each other. For Romeo and Juliet we basically talked about concealment-how the meeting of R&j scenes are at night which symbolises their secret relationship- and light and darkmess. We also talked about how love is closely followed by death as well.
I hope this helped. I dunno likely questions for this paper. Do you have any advice on essay writing?any tips? What did your class talk about Animal Farm and Romeo&Juliet??
Everyone is saying that for Conflict Cluster will be either Out of the Blue, the Yellow Palm, Come On Come Back, or Hawk Roosting. Does anyone think The Falling Leaves may also come up, as it didn't before, or is that just foundation poem, just like Flag and Right Word?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obliviate
Everyone is saying that for Conflict Cluster will be either Out of the Blue, the Yellow Palm, Come On Come Back, or Hawk Roosting. Does anyone think The Falling Leaves may also come up, as it didn't before, or is that just foundation poem, just like Flag and Right Word?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep Falling leaves won't come up because it's part of that group :biggrin:
Help...I understand what I have to compare for moon on the tides conflict poetry (structure, context, language etc) but how do I structure the named poem comparison...is there a technique like PEE, TEA etc?
In my first lit exam I didn't write the question numbers in the margins? :s will I get marked?
Could you compare to his coy mistress with sonnet 116, what can you say?I Seriously hate poetry -.-
Who is ready for their LOTF exam?
Reply 2495
Original post by Jennienarwin
Could you compare to his coy mistress with sonnet 116, what can you say?I Seriously hate poetry -.-

Instead of sonnet 116, To His Coy Mistress contrasts with Sonnet 43 in that this is a poem about the power and urgency of desire rather than the purity of love.
Does anyone have any model answers for character and voice?
Original post by Bradherring
In my first lit exam I didn't write the question numbers in the margins? :s will I get marked?

Tricky situation, really depends on the examiner you get.
Reply 2498
Original post by Bradherring
Help...I understand what I have to compare for moon on the tides conflict poetry (structure, context, language etc) but how do I structure the named poem comparison...is there a technique like PEE, TEA etc?

When I did my Literature exam last year, my teacher advised me to structure my point as PEEA. Point, evidence, explanation( if possible pick out a key word of the quote and base the explanation around it, instead of dealing with the explanation as a whole lump ,examiners like this) and alternative interpretation of possibly the key word you have picked. It worked for me as I got an A*.
Reply 2499
So Flag won't come up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending