Original post by justinawe
"Asses"? Didn't realise you were American :holmes:

Yeah :s-smilie: well I'm in Britain now:tongue:
Original post by Bude8
btw - speak of the devil :mmm:

My thoughts exactly!
Reply 3442
Original post by gomg
Is AS History do-able if you haven't done it for GCSE?

I think it is because when I went for my interview they told me I should do History and when I said no because I haven't done it as GCSE they said it didn't matter, but you'd probably have to check with wherever you're going.
Original post by Jina
Thanks :smile: You can do it too! You're way more clever than me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, but how do you even know that?! I doubt it! :tongue:
Reply 3444
Original post by Toriar
I think it is because when I went for my interview they told me I should do History and when I said no because I haven't done it as GCSE they said it didn't matter, but you'd probably have to check with wherever you're going.

Hmm I would be staying at my current school and the history department has a pretty good success rate (95% A*-B!!) I'll find out tomorrow :smile:
Yes but as you said those are for university expenses.

There aren't any scholarships left, so I'll have to hustle and call local oil companies to see if they can sponsor me. This is going to be a brutal couple of days.

Not bad! Is that mainly income from your parents business? Yep, the joys of boarding school yeesh.
**** bigyolo
Just heard about that machete attack.. sickening :puke::puke::puke:
Reply 3448
Original post by Elm Tree

What machete attack? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elm Tree

Apparently it was "done in the name of Allah" which I find unfair for those Muslims who have to take the blame. A horrific event which leads to further hatred towards Islam.
Original post by themancunian
Apparently it was "done in the name of Allah" which I find unfair for those Muslims who have to take the blame. A horrific event which leads to further hatred towards Islam.

Despite this horrible event, may the victims be at peace, I couldn't agree more
Reply 3452

I find the event absolutely disgusting. What's worse though is the media scapegoating muslims ... Like we're all responsible "islamist attacks"... "Jihadists"... Jihad means "struggle"... For people who don't know what these foreign words mean it creates in them a moral panic and fear of muslims. I don't even want to watch the coverage of it anymore.... Sick of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
I find the event absolutely disgusting. What's worse though is the media scapegoating muslims ... Like we're all responsible "islamist attacks"... "Jihadists"... Jihad means "struggle"... For people who don't know what these foreign words mean it creates in them a moral panic and fear of muslims. I don't even want to watch the coverage of it anymore.... Sick of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow, sorry to hear that you have to face through this, inshallah that things get better for you.

Original post by JustaDreamer
Despite this horrible event, may the victims be at peace, I couldn't agree more

Original post by Jina

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agree with all of you :yep:
Reply 3455
Oh wow, sorry to hear that you have to face through this, inshallah that things get better for you.

Don't worry. I hope the families of the victim are ok, whatever that means now for them. :/
Us Muslims are used to it... All you have to do is go onto Daily Mail lol. A tad scared to go outside though... Dunno.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Impressive, I started my account with £500 and now it's at ~£10,000.

I'll still try, there's no point giving up when you haven't tried.

It's actually ~£50k base for bulge brackets; Jane Street, Optiver and Getco pay a little bit more.

Talking of salaries here's my list of ideal firms sorted by industry:

Management Consulting:
McKinsey and Co
Bain and Co
Boston Consulting Group
LEK
Booze and co

Private Equity
TPG
Goldman Sachs PIA
Blackstone
Carlyle Group
Apax Partners
Terra Firma
Silverlake Partners
CVC Capital
Warburg Pincus
Pemira
Oaktree Capital

Venture Capital
Sequoia capital
KPCB partners
Accel

Prop/Quant Shops
GETCO
Jump Trading
Jane Street
DE Shaw
Transmarket Group
Chicago Trading Company
AQR
tower research
spot

Investment Banks
Goldman Sachs
Morgan Stanley
Credit Suisse
Citi
Deutsche Bank
Rothschild
Lazard
Greenhill

How about yours?

I'll send you pm as well
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jina
Don't worry. I hope the families of the victim are ok, whatever that means now for them. :/
Us Muslims are used to it... All you have to do is go onto Daily Mail lol. A tad scared to go outside though... Dunno.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm okay, well ever since 9/11 you've guys have been getting more and more slack. Ahaha! Dw just try and stay safe? I dunno as well...
It infuriates me that people attack and kill others in the name of Allah. Is this what your God really wants? Your all-merciful, all-loving God? I will just never understand.

RIP unnamed victim :frown: I hope severe justice is served. <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey there :biggrin: - how's life been? And also how's life been around here in TSR lol

Latest