The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL MAY 2013 M1 PAPER - End of Humanity

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by tiny hobbit
November 2003 question 6 was very similar to the moments question this time.

Force on the pulley we've had several times.

What else didn't you like?

I thought it was fine but maybe the lift question caught people out. Also note that this paper was 1 Question longer than the usual 7 that are asked every year...
Original post by shahedkhan11
Thats what i thought too, this paper required much more thinking compared to past m1 papers, i left out 27 marks, hoping to now get at least 40-45, c?

OMG I left 26 marks!!! :frown: I'm just hoping that 45/75 is a C coz thats the highest I'm getting :frown:
Original post by Lord Frieza
Sooooo, I did the M1 paper yesterday...

I wish I never revised for it.

How did you guys find it? It's the hardest exam I've done in my life, and I'm saying this, finding June 2009 M1 paper a breeze.

I FEEL YOU! :frown: I don't normally cry over exams, but **** that made me bawl my eyes out! It was such a horrific experience I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy LOl. What p's me off the most is that I was ready. I was getting As in all the passpapers. And what p***** me off even more is these people who are saying it wasn't harder than normal and the grade boundaries wont change much :angry: By all the negative response I've seen on TSR, I'm expecting those grade boundaries to break the new world record of the lowest grade boundary ever! I need to get 90+ in C2 or I might aswell give up.
Reply 43
Original post by GirlWithADream
OMG I left 26 marks!!! :frown: I'm just hoping that 45/75 is a C coz thats the highest I'm getting :frown:

Last year 44 was a E so it's a long shot.. but fingers crossed
Reply 44
I got 60% I am sure of it - hopefully can get more with some method marks here and there.

I was getting at least 80 in past papers - even in the toughest ones. Never in my life had I thought moments would mess me up so badly.

*sigh*

It was really as though I was doing a paper with 0 revision or understanding. Never thought M1 could be this bad or this hard.
Original post by Loiks94
I thought it was fine but maybe the lift question caught people out. Also note that this paper was 1 Question longer than the usual 7 that are asked every year...

Lift question - May 2002

There's a moral here for future M1 candidates - questions from the early 2000s are being recycled.
Reply 46
Hi..
The exam was very very very hard, for me anyway. :angry:
I didn't even completer 1 single question. :unimpressed: :ashamed2: :bawling:

My first language not being english just made it even worser. :frown:
Original post by GirlWithADream

thats one better than me, i left 27
Reply 48
Why are people replying with '2003' and '2002' yes I ****ing know they were in the older syllabus, but the joke is that we haven't received a question like that until THIS year.

It's simply not fair to those with a firm grasp of the syllabus.

The paper was a joke, simple as.
Reply 49
Honestly don't worry about, people on TSR are arrogant ****s, just ignore them.

The paper was indeed very difficult no matter what ANYONE says. I'm sure even with a year of prep I couldn't manage over a B on this paper.

It's ok, try and get top UMS in C2 :biggrin:

If you did the paper at home I reckon you would do miles better. The lift question was simple F=MA and it's even in the Edexcel Mechanics 1 textbook how to answer questions like that by just finding the normal contact force.. Stop kidding yourself..
Reply 50
GUYs.........i calculated a total of 39 marks..........CANE SUM1 ESTIMATE A GRADE PLEAAASE!!!
Reply 51
Original post by george2k10
GUYs.........i calculated a total of 39 marks..........CANE SUM1 ESTIMATE A GRADE PLEAAASE!!!

E or D
Reply 52
Original post by george2k10

According to last year this would have been a U, so you would be in U-E range, as I don't see the boundaries changing so much.
Why are people replying with '2003' and '2002' yes I ****ing know they were in the older syllabus, but the joke is that we haven't received a question like that until THIS year.

The M1 syllabus hasn't changed since 2000 (and neither have any of the M or S modules).

If you really had a firm grasp of the syllabus, you'd be able to apply them to new questions, rather than relying on the fact that they sometimes reproduce questions and then throwing a fit when they don't...
Honestly don't worry about, people on TSR are arrogant ****s, just ignore them.

The paper was indeed very difficult no matter what ANYONE says. I'm sure even with a year of prep I couldn't manage over a B on this paper.

It's ok, try and get top UMS in C2 :biggrin:

Your grades won't be affected by the difficulty of the exam but by your standard of understanding the subject relative to everyone who does it and who has ever done it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Yes it was difficult but what makes me insanely mad was I got moments right, but gets the resolving one wrong. I'm like WTF! I spent hours upon hours going through over 50 resolving question and I somehow muck it up as I forgot that a -ve*-ve = +ve so yeah everything else was do-able. Around 80UMS if I'm lucky with low grade boundaries.
Nearly died when I saw that moments question. Somehow managed to solve it correctly, but not a lot of people did so I can see lower than normal grade boundaries...
Tries looking at Arsey's answers hoping it would make me feel better but I can't Ben remember an answers a put myself.... Brilliant

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending