The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Olympiad
I got an inbox because I avoided it.
I never understood that - why does it make a difference if you avoid it or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's to filter out swearing from the younger audience and those who don't want to see it. It's a standard rule on most forums to be honest.
Original post by Willum Infanta
^^Is a big boy for swearing
^Soon to be banned :lol:

I never claim to be a big boy, but I'll have you now I'm 6ft 2 and my other measurement ain't too bad either.
Original post by The Mad Dog
It's to filter out swearing from the younger audience and those who don't want to see it. It's a standard rule on most forums to be honest.

What so in settings somebody can choose to not see it?
Otherwise why does it make a difference if they read '......*' or '**'

Posted from TSR Mobile
I never claim to be a big boy, but I'll have you now I'm 6ft 2 and my other measurement ain't too bad either.

Do go on :fan:
Original post by Olympiad
What so in settings somebody can choose to not see it?
Otherwise why does it make a difference if they read '......*' or '**'

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, you can't choose not to see it, it makes a difference because rather than seeing the f word the person sees for **** which comes off better to visitors and also means the more sensitive don't see it. Although the filtering system on this pissing bastard forum is lame if you get my jist.
No, you can't choose not to see it, it makes a difference because rather than seeing the f word the person sees for **** which comes off better to visitors and also means the more sensitive don't see it. Although the filtering system on this pissing bastard forum is lame if you get my jist.

Oh right.
But why would you be that sensitive, like "omg I read the letter f gonna cry"
:/
Or maybe I'm being mean :idk:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can access games as a non-sub, just less.
How less? :beard:

Original post by boumavilla
Smart move, TSR...smart move. :pierre:

TSR has helped me a bit with revision, but it can't do what teachers do, so it's not worth it!

They're rubbish! :mmm:

Although I suppose you like the game with the unicorn? :biggrin:

I LOVE that game :love: Have it on my phone :mmm:
TH is banned, the first fallen warrior.
TH is banned, the first fallen warrior.

LOOL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4229
That's it. Although having just checked, the post you replied to wasn't the one I asked which forum in. :facepalm2: So I'm in the wrong, as normal.

Didn't you get the memo? Mods are never wrong, we're an advanced species incapable of making mistakes. :colone:

And, to all you guys, if you want to debate or get more info on the modding rules, you could ask in TSR help and feedback or Ask a Moderator (which is private). The FAQ generally has all the info though. :smile:
Original post by Xotol
Didn't you get the memo? Mods are never wrong, we're an advanced species incapable of making mistakes. :colone:

And, to all you guys, if you want to debate or get more info on the modding rules, you could ask in TSR help and feedback or Ask a Moderator (which is private). The FAQ generally has all the info though. :smile:

Not really worth taking up in AAM when the mods are never wrong is it :tongue:
Reply 4231
Not really worth taking up in AAM when the mods are never wrong is it :tongue:

^this guy gets it. :rofl2:

(but really I'm kidding, we're happy to answer all queries and welcome all suggestions)
Original post by Xotol
^this guy gets it. :rofl2:

(but really I'm kidding, we're happy to answer all queries and welcome all suggestions)

The problem is you guys unfortunately normally have made the right call (the swear filter one in particular, there's more to it than what I said above but isn't discussing infractions against the rules?? can't remember), but I'll still moan about in public :smile:
Original post by Xotol
Didn't you get the
memo? Mods are never wrong, we're an advanced
species incapable of making mistakes. :colone:

So what would happen if a mod was to say, "sometimes I'm wrong"?

I assume the world would collapse?

:tongue:
Original post by This Excellency

Silence will fall when the question is asked.
Reply 4235
Original post by This Excellency

Don't bring your demon logic here ffs. :colonhash:
I got banned from TSR...
Silence will fall
when the question is asked.

It's 2 am and I just realised that this is a Doctor Who refrence :facepalm:
^ :lol:

Morning all :h:
Some (former) members of this thread are moderators, but they suddenly become less active when they join your side. :iiam:

Where the heck did you go?

I find the accusation this is a secret society of rule-breakers to be highly offensive and inaccurate. We're not at all secret. :tongue:

A combination of Exams, Holiday, Work, Friends, Family, and the work of being a moderator have all gotten in the way of posting here. Plus, every time I'm here someone breaks a rule (I know you do it on purpose) and I have to choose between being a mod and being a friend :getmecoat:

Latest