The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1840
Del Potro has just withdrawn from RG! I think I'm more upset about this than about Andy Murray not being able to play!
Reply 1841
If Wawrinka withdraws too then it's gonna be a **** RG
Original post by Krish4791
Btw, what are you planning to do now that your man is out of RG?

Well, I mean, I'm not really a diehard, so while I enjoy watching Murray play, I'm sure RG will offer plenty of exciting matches. In fact, Murray doesn't usually offer that many exciting matches at RG himself, so yeah. I'll probably pick some young aggressive player and watch them, and then avoid matches featuring the human walls. There ain't no run like a Janowicz run.
Original post by TopHat
Well, I mean, I'm not really a diehard, so while I enjoy watching Murray play, I'm sure RG will offer plenty of exciting matches. In fact, Murray doesn't usually offer that many exciting matches at RG himself, so yeah. I'll probably pick some young aggressive player and watch them, and then avoid matches featuring the human walls. There ain't no run like a Janowicz run.

That would be good - we can see how far Janowicz can go and see whether player like Dimitrov are up to playing 5 set matches and advancing past the second or third round. Just heard that Wawrinka is playing RG after all, so I look forward to following his progress through the draw as well
Reply 1844
Original post by usamakhanlodhi
Can't sleep and breaking my selfenforced exile from this thread...Firstly disappointed that Murray not playing RG but it is for the best hopefully if he is fully rested and well for Wimbledon I think he should rightly deserve the favourite tag and will hopefully prove it.

On another note aDel Potro plus Wawrinkw retirements just take a huge chunk away from tournament and sadly really is a missed chance for players. I mean for Del Potro again injury or in this case an infection strikes him down and I mean with the Big 4 looking slightly shaky I think this will be GS of the dark horses (although still one of Big 4-Murray winning) and del Potro has always been pretty handy on clay remember 08 was it when he played Federer and last year ai think he led hi 2 sets to love...As for Wawrinka this year as a whole seems to be playing amazing tennis so this was his opportunity to burst his way into the party get decent run to the semis or something

As for the draw I think they will ensure a Fedal semi with then a Djokovic-Nadal final
I think also with Nadal yes his run of form has been amazing but judging by his unwillingness to talk about his knees post Rome I think it will be interesting to see how he copes with potentially 7 best of 5 set matches given semis and finals could be full 5 setters for him. Although despite my slight doubts over his ability to withstand that still think he will win RG although judging by how Djokovic sounded during Rome he wants it bad and I think he will really really push Nadal as tbh last year we all knew in the back of our heads I think that Nadal was not going to lose...

Also usual candidates for upsets but I think biggest dark horses are Berdych and Dimitrov Janowicz and mayb Goffin ( where the hell is he? remember his run last year from being lucky loser) and with regards to Rakas 21 is Tomic actually playing RG? I read somewhere a few days ago his dad said he isn't although don't know how reliable that was

For some strange reason getting this strange feeling that Federer won't make it to the semis I don't know to be honest just feel if he runs into Berdych or maybe Tsonga he might not make it but hopefully he will

So yup that's my verbal diarrhoea of predictions most will probably be wrong as for the women's side Serena will win I mean unless she runs into Razzano whatever her name was and has another nervous breakdown or Hollywood comes calling and gives her a role in a movie there is no way she is not winning it. I mean the gap between her and rest if the tour is staggering did anyone see the Sharapova match.. It was so one sided ...

Now back to revising for my exam in Friday, hopefully will be able to resist watching tennis between now and the 2nd Wednesday of RG...

Watch the highlights am sure 10minutes highlights will do you no harm.
Reply 1845
Original post by olibu
Nadal, there's no doubt about it
He won 31 of his last 33 matches on the clay this year
He won 9 of his 10 matches against top 10 players
I'll follow blindly the tips of Sportytrader app for the final winning in Roland Garros
Vamos Rafa

Thank You. I finally have friend on this forum who understands me:smile:
Original post by ubi1
Thank You. I finally have friend on this forum who understands me:smile:

Was this guy you by any chance? :tongue:

Reply 1847
Original post by Multitalented me
Was this guy you by any chance? :tongue:

No. " but everybody wants a piece of RAFA"
So the fact that o1ibu backwatrds is ubi1o wouldn't have anything to do with it?
Original post by Krish4791
That would be good - we can see how far Janowicz can go and see whether player like Dimitrov are up to playing 5 set matches and advancing past the second or third round. Just heard that Wawrinka is playing RG after all, so I look forward to following his progress through the draw as well

Not sure I'm that interested in Dimitrov. He feels a bit... packaged. I think he's getting overhyped to a reasonable extent because he's conventionally quite attractive, good at PR, etc. Also, he reminds me of Federer which for me is not an endearing characteristic. I prefer Janowicz's, ah, more untamed manner.

Wawrinka I expect to do incredibly well early on slaying lower-ranked players with ease, initially dominate a higher-ranked opponent, then choke at a crucial moment and throw away the match. I mean, I think Wawrinka is great but this has been his game-plan, unchanged, for the last 8 years. :tongue:
Original post by TopHat
Not sure I'm that interested in Dimitrov. He feels a bit... packaged. I think he's getting overhyped to a reasonable extent because he's conventionally quite attractive, good at PR, etc. Also, he reminds me of Federer which for me is not an endearing characteristic. I prefer Janowicz's, ah, more untamed manner.

Wawrinka I expect to do incredibly well early on slaying lower-ranked players with ease, initially dominate a higher-ranked opponent, then choke at a crucial moment and throw away the match. I mean, I think Wawrinka is great but this has been his game-plan, unchanged, for the last 8 years. :tongue:

Each to his own, then. And hilarious comment about Wawrinka's French Open campaign :biggrin:
I hope he plays Tsonga in the 4th round again this year - they have had 2 epic five-setters in 2011 and 2012, splitting victories!
Reply 1851
Original post by TopHat
So the fact that o1ibu backwatrds is ubi1o wouldn't have anything to do with it?

Look who it is the prophet of DOOM!
Reply 1852
Original post by olibu
Nadal, there's no doubt about it
He won 31 of his last 33 matches on the clay this year
He won 9 of his 10 matches against top 10 players
I'll follow blindly the tips of Sportytrader app for the final winning in Roland Garros
Vamos Rafa

Also 3 prophets of doom just left their mark on you.The HATE! leave the poor fella alone, cant you see hes new to this thread. FFS some people on this thread arghhh:angry:
Reply 1853
If it wasn't already obvious, ubi1 is clearly a troll.
Reply 1854
Original post by Natty.B

Nah, he's just Rafa's secret lover.
Reply 1855
Original post by Natty.B

I wish you was the guy in london who was brutally Finito.Same goes for Prendah.
Reply 1856
Original post by ubi1
I wish you was the guy in london who was brutally Finito.Same goes for Prendah.

Calm down dear, its only Tennis.
Reply 1857
Original post by Prendah
Calm down dear, its only Tennis.

Okay:redface:. Does anybody here play the game tennis elbow...:
[video="youtube;DPPjnvIxGJg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPPjnvIxGJg[/video]
Bellucci is out now as well.
Original post by ubi1
Okay:redface:. Does anybody here play the game tennis elbow...:
[video="youtube;DPPjnvIxGJg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPPjnvIxGJg[/video]

Yes - love that game, the demo at least. will be purchasing the full version with ITST Mod. V. 1.13 very soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest