The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher History 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alfalimaindia
I'm doing the American Civil War. Not particularly looking forward to it but I really don't care. I'm glad I don't have to rely on it, haven't even finished revising everything, going to read over stuff in the morning then hope for the best.

Haha i did that as well....i lucked out on the questions. Was it ok for you?
Original post by Ginganinja53541
Haha i did that as well....i lucked out on the questions. Was it ok for you?

The source questions were fine but the essay questions were quite specific and I hadn't really gone that much in depth in revision, tbh I hardly did any revision but I got enough to write a reasonable essay but they were quite c/d essays where I usually get about 18-22 on essays. Glad it's finished now though. :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by ukulelemily
For anyone who did germany, did you find it okay? I did the limitations of the revolution and stresemann which I think were not bad - would've done limited opposition to nazid but completely forgot everything /: I didnt likethe 16 marker in the sources because all of the points I had were in the sources so I just had like 3 extra recall points :frown: But overall I thought the paper was pretty fair!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the one about the Treaty of Versailles and opposition. To be honest, I thought that they were pretty fair questions this year! Could have been miles worse, certainly!
My dissertation was on whether the Nazi party was a Volkspartei, so a lot of that fed in to the 16 marker. I've always felt under-prepared about the Volksgemeinschaft content, but somehow, I think (/hope) it came to me in the exam!
Just glad it's over, now!!!
Reply 23
Sorry been a couple of days since I replied to anyone haha! Yeah I thought the Volksgemeinschaft one was fine but the wording of it got me a little, wasn't sure if it was only asking what they aimed to achieve or if they achieved it? And yeah the essay questions were all really fair I thought, I was so worried that they would be horrendous and I'd end up bubbling as soon as I opened my paper (which would be very awkward since I was the only one in the school taking it and got a whole classroom to myself... lucky me.) I just regret not looking so much into the rise to Chancellorship for Hitler but I'm not going to dwell too much on it! I'm sure you'll all have done great! :biggrin:
Reply 24
Original post by ali1241
I'm doing Japan...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also did Japan, how did you find it?
Reply 25
Original post by conorkenny
I also did Japan, how did you find it?

Went better than I expected I suppose. The essay questions were really specific but it was ok for me because Meiji reforms was my dissertation title! I've also been told that the essay question about Japan destabilising China was unanswerable.

How did you find it??
Reply 26
Original post by ali1241
Went better than I expected I suppose. The essay questions were really specific but it was ok for me because Meiji reforms was my dissertation title! I've also been told that the essay question about Japan destabilising China was unanswerable.

How did you find it??

Yeah same, the essay questions were good for me, I did my dissertation on the influence of Korea on Japanese foreign policy so question 5 "to what extent has the importance of Korea as a contributing factor to the Russo-Japanese War 1904-1905 been exaggerated" was basically the flip coin of my dissertation. I did the Meiji reforms essay as well, bit gutting it wasn't more open rather than just education though. A couple of people in my class did the destabilising question around the sino-japanese war and my teacher thought that was alright so i don't know about that. But it went alright i guess.
Reply 27
Original post by conorkenny
Yeah same, the essay questions were good for me, I did my dissertation on the influence of Korea on Japanese foreign policy so question 5 "to what extent has the importance of Korea as a contributing factor to the Russo-Japanese War 1904-1905 been exaggerated" was basically the flip coin of my dissertation. I did the Meiji reforms essay as well, bit gutting it wasn't more open rather than just education though. A couple of people in my class did the destabilising question around the sino-japanese war and my teacher thought that was alright so i don't know about that. But it went alright i guess.

I did the same essay questions as you. I have a feeling it could have been an exam where I thought I did well but I actually didn't haha.

The destabilising question was: 'What factors best explain why Japan had successfully destabilised and dominated China by 1895?'

My teacher said it was unanswerable because Japan hadn't actually destabilised China so the question didn't make sense. I don't really know a lot about the China part of the course so I'm not really sure, that's just what my teacher said! They complained to the SQA about the essay questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending