Reply 2100
Original post by Felix Felicis
Reminds me of this joke. xD

That joke doesn't even work because that's not what induction is! :frown:
Original post by The Polymath
Sorry, but this says the opposite.
Oh hi.

THIEF :eek: !!!!!

Oh btw, I came across the word "Polymath" in a separate context to your username and have now figured out why you chose it! :biggrin: Wish I had something clever... I just put my initials :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jkn
That joke doesn't even work because that's not what induction is! :frown:
THIEF :eek: !!!!!

:colone:
Must add text.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2102
:colone:
Must add text.

Must add text??? What does that mean???
Original post by Jkn
Must add text??? What does that mean???

I have been awarded ten warning points in the past for having emoticons without text.
I have been awarded ten warning points in the past for having emoticons without text.

An emoticon says a 1000 words :colone:
Reply 2105

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: I got some once for posting "off-topic" material on my own thread, to which I had previously defined what was and wasn't off-topic (the MOD clearer hadn't read the OP!) :lol:
Reply 2106
Just did a D2 mock and realised I really need to start memorising things properly... 80% !!! :eek: That's lower than I've got on mock STEP papers in months hahaha :lol: ! FML :lol:
Reply 2107
i love maths I just cant do it (but I need an A so i need to get good at it !! )

wow
Original post by Xx4L3x
i love maths I just cant do it (but I need an A so i need to get good at it !! )

wow

What stage are you at? If you're A level, I inagine you've done most of your maths exams for this yr so far. How do you think you've done in them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2109
My C2 exam is tomorrow but I haven't done the solomans, are there suggestions for which ones are the most difficult?, and i'll just do them! :smile:
Hey could someone help me with question 5 of C2 June 2011 part b?
Original post by tigerz
My C2 exam is tomorrow but I haven't done the solomans, are there suggestions for which ones are the most difficult?, and i'll just do them! :smile:

Solomon L, K and J.
Reply 2112
Original post by MAyman12
Solomon L, K and J.

Original post by kamisaysjambo

Yeah sure, its a bit weird it'll take a min :smile:

Draw a line from O to C so that OC is 6-R then draw a line from C to the point where the tangent meets the circle so the length is R so it's a right angle triangle. And you have got the angle above as pi/6, because you've evenly divided the angle pi/3 when connecting OC.

Then use SOH CAH TOA to get the radius.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2114

Sorry pics abit messy :s-smilie: C2 help radius.png

Sinπ6=r6r0.5=r6rSin\frac{\pi }{6}=\frac{r}{6-r}\rightarrow 0.5=\frac{r}{6-r}
Then solve to get r=2
Original post by tigerz
x

Those practice questions you posted are so weird :tongue: but they do require thought, so they're good, although a lot of stuff we don't look at comes up such as question 5 on paper 4, like ln (natural logs) is C4 (or C3) maths and I've never ever used the symbol 'e' in any maths question :tongue:
Reply 2116
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Those practice questions you posted are so weird :tongue: but they do require thought, so they're good, although a lot of stuff we don't look at comes up such as question 5 on paper 4, like ln (natural logs) is C4 (or C3) maths and I've never ever used the symbol 'e' in any maths question :tongue:

Trust, now I finish normal c2 papers in like 40 mins because the other ones seemed so difficult! Thats also why I don't have time to do all the Solomon papers though :s They were good practice though, yeah same never used e...

Yeah I posted some questions up, confused quite a few people haha! Its because they're from the old spec which had parts of c3
Original post by tigerz
Trust, now I finish normal c2 papers in like 40 mins because the other ones seemed so difficult! Thats also why I don't have time to do all the Solomon papers though :s They were good practice though, yeah same never used e...

Yeah I posted some questions up, confused quite a few people haha! Its because they're from the old spec which had parts of c3

I haven't even finished all the normal C2 papers :eek: they all seem standard so I went off looking for a challenge. Solomon C2s aren't too bad if I'm honest

Really couldn't find it.. sounds interesting though

Original post by Xx4L3x
Is this C2??????

They're used in the binomial expansion to find the coeffecients in ascending powers x for any value of n
Reply 2118
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I haven't even finished all the normal C2 papers :eek: they all seem standard so I went off looking for a challenge. Solomon C2s aren't too bad if I'm honest

Really couldn't find it.. sounds interesting though

They're used in the binomial expansion to find the coeffecients in ascending powers x for any value of n

Arghh just got attacked by hailstones loool,typical London weather just started raining casually
Haha, they're not even worth doing :P Yeah I'm just gonna do the last 3 solomons today :biggrin: haha scroll back to p83 of this thread :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2348214&page=83&page=83
Original post by tigerz
Arghh just got attacked by hailstones loool,typical London weather just started raining casually
Haha, they're not even worth doing :P Yeah I'm just gonna do the last 3 solomons today :biggrin: haha scroll back to p83 of this thread :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2348214&page=83&page=83

I was in bed doing some maths, then suddenly thuds on my window, I look out to find hail like wtf? :tongue:
True :tongue: I'm just worried I'm not including stuff they'd want to see so I may just examine mark schemes.. haha thanks, for some reason, I went to another thread :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending