The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saycrackagain
awk question but my timetable only says AM, is the exam 9:00 or 9:30 does anyone know?

its 9:30 or 1:30 usually.

Its 9:30 :P
Original post by General SMG
plus the exam is only out of 60, for unit 2 the grade boundaries are much lower since that exam is out of 100. I don't see why one exam is out of 60 and the other is out of 100 for both AS and A2.

different percentages.
For unit 1 like 30%
and Unit 2 is 50% of overall AS
Original post by Ché.
DIFFERENCES:
- Nitrogen in Ammonia form have one lone pair and thus having the ability to make one hydrogen bond per molecule.
- Water has two lone pairs and thus having the ability to make two hydrogen bonds per molecule.
- More hydrogen bonds - stronger, intermolecular attraction and thus will requiring higher energies to break down the lattice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

can you say ice requires twice as much energy as it has twice as many h bonds? or is that not true?
Original post by tamil4
can you say ice requires twice as much energy as it has twice as many h bonds? or is that not true?

tamil :P
Me Kerala :biggrin:
plus the exam is only out of 60, for unit 2 the grade boundaries are much lower since that exam is out of 100. I don't see why one exam is out of 60 and the other is out of 100 for both AS and A2.

Yeah, it's rather confusing and the second year tends to have even higher grade boundaries even with the harder exams as the more able students have kept it on and the others have dropped it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Freddy-Francis
its 9:30 or 1:30 usually.

Its 9:30 :P

on my time table it say exam starts at 9:00 :/ not sure where you're getting 9:30 from
is it :O :eek:

Wouldn't you agree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
on my time table it say exam starts at 9:00 :/ not sure where you're getting 9:30 from

JEEEZZ" Let me check
Original post by MathsNerd1
Yeah, it's rather confusing and the second year tends to have even higher grade boundaries even with the harder exams as the more able students have kept it on and the others have dropped it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

EEEH! What did you get for your Practical? that was out of 40? and if worth like 20% of our AS grade?

Other centres have different starting times, like for afternoon ones some start at half 1 and some at 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wouldn't you agree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah for most.. But i still stuck with the 1 markers :frown:(((

yeah mines 9:30
OCr Gce chemistry F321
EEEH! What did you get for your Practical? that was out of 40? and if worth like 20% of our AS grade?

i got a B :frown:

I got like 32
My teacher didnt allow me to retake :eek:

I only know about UMS wise and for As I got 37/40 and the same this year for A2, it's out if 60 UMS, the first unit is 90 UMS and the last is 150 UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah mines 9:30
OCr Gce chemistry F321

I have my exams half an hour before yours :redface: I'll telepathically tell you what's going to come up :redface:
I have my exams half an hour before yours :redface: I'll telepathically tell you what's going to come up :redface:

:P
Yeah for most.. But i still stuck with the 1 markers :frown:(((

Same here, just leave them until the end and if you're still struggling I tend to make a educated guess which happens to be right a lot of the time :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same here, just leave them until the end and if you're still struggling I tend to make a educated guess which happens to be right a lot of the time :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok. I would put "Educated" Guesses next time :biggrin:
Reply 638
Original post by saycrackagain
Can someone go over how to tell from an equation whether something is reduced or oxidised?

My strategy is to look at the products in the specific equation, and they'll see one obvious element that has been reduced or oxidised.
Then, you can look for the spectator element - the one that doesn't change in reaction - and then you can use your oxidation knowledge to find how the starting reactant oxidation to its product.

FOR EXAMPLE....
Oxygen in a compound somehow, and then in its diatomic form in the products, shows standard, straight forward oxidation...
It has lost two electrons to its oxidation number.

Clear?

Posted from TSR Mobile
i got a B :frown:

I got like 32
My teacher didnt allow me to retake :eek:

Isnt 32 an A? I got like 34 and it was an A :O

Latest