The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS History Unit 2 Wednesday 22nd May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Goosegogs
Oh okay, thankyou! Any more tips?

It helps trying to guess what the indicative content might be to give a better focus to your question. If you have time now try reading over some questions and sources then guess what the indicative content might be.
guys omg do we use our knowledge to back up the sources or the sources to back up our knowledge for the B?
Original post by Water_fall
guys omg do we use our knowledge to back up the sources or the sources to back up our knowledge for the B?

We can do both. But more sources to back up knowledge I think.
Original post by getoom
We can do both. But more sources to back up knowledge I think.
Thank you! omg frealing out! and omg I can cross reference sources when it says how fsr does source c and b support the view in support A but how do you cross reference it it asks you how far all three sources support a particular view?
Thank you! omg frealing out! and omg I can cross reference sources when it says how fsr does source c and b support the view in support A but how do you cross reference it it asks you how far all three sources support a particular view?

It's basically the same thing pick out inferences from th scources and see how we'll they fit in with the given line in the question

Anywho, try not to panic and keep calm, I'm off to the exam hall.
Reply 245
Good luck!!
Reply 246
So apparently Heath is very likely to come up since it never has? (British Political History 1945-1990)
How did everyone find the history British politics 1945-90 exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 248

I think both ways would be okay, its amost the same thing anyways
Reply 249
Anyone did India 1900-14 question?
Reply 250
Quite nice, especially the part a section

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 251
Part a) was flipping fantastic! Militant suffragettes are so easy to right about!

Part b) was also a gem, education, I had a ton to say!

Part a) I found interesting because for Millicent Fawcett, she was crediting the WSPU, and so I put source 11 on a pedestal as extremely reliable, that's like the first time in part a) where a source has being very reliable

Part b) I was able to use the Cambridge paragraph to recall that Millicent's daughter got a top core in the mathematical tripos, and then talked about the education acts, the NLCS, CLC, unis, but overall said that there was little improvement.

I'm thinking B/A once again like unit 1
Original post by arminb
Anyone did India 1900-14 question?

I was going to do that one, but both questions were good, so I just did the Gandhi one.

I thought it was a good paper though. I messed up on the first source of the A) question. I thought it said that the Viceroy did not appreciate Dyer´s actions, but my mate told me this was wrong. To be honest that was a confusing source.
Reply 253
Original post by samvanroyen
I was going to do that one, but both questions were good, so I just did the Gandhi one.

I thought it was a good paper though. I messed up on the first source of the A) question. I thought it said that the Viceroy did not appreciate Dyer´s actions, but my mate told me this was wrong. To be honest that was a confusing source.

part A was really difficult while part 2 was maaad easy , i said that Viceroy is just reporting the views of british in india so it can be a valid source but he is only reporting the views of the people which does not necessary mean its true.
For the second i talked about the fact that there was opposition before the partition but not a very serious one ,after partition it got serious especially in Bengal and even after the reforms ,there still was opposition because the reforms didnt give enough power to Indians. I also talked about Tilak and Swadeshi movement ,how does this sound?
Reply 254
Did anyone do Henry VIII (Option A)?
May I discuss the "Crimean/Boer/WW1 paper"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 256
Original post by Choppie
Did anyone do Henry VIII (Option A)?

I did.
I hated it.
I didn't like the sources and I didn't feel as if the part Bs were nice AT ALL. I did the Wolsey one, and got as much knowledge in as possible, but I know I could have written much more - feel as if I've missed the obvious things out and I didn't cross reference enough, but it's hard to tell. :frown: Part A was horrible, hated the sources, barely NOP'd them, realised what I could have said WALKING OUT OF THE EXAM HALL.
I am so angry.
All of my exams have been failures.
Looks like I'm retaking year 12 for my 4 As.
Reply 257
Original post by sophtommo
May I discuss the "Crimean/Boer/WW1 paper"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes! I thought it was a fine paper, it could have gone so much worse haha. I did the Russell and Fenton question but I think I could have done the Somme one if I had to :smile:
Original post by kate3
yes! I thought it was a fine paper, it could have gone so much worse haha. I did the Russell and Fenton question but I think I could have done the Somme one if I had to :smile:
I did Russell/Fenton too because I applied the WHOLE of the Crimean War to it, not even exaggerating I felt like a boss with my knowledge my revision totally paid off! The Somme question would have been fine to do, but my tactic of not revising the Boer War was one of the best things I might have ever done :smile:
Reply 259
Original post by CarysMoo
I did.
I hated it.
I didn't like the sources and I didn't feel as if the part Bs were nice AT ALL. I did the Wolsey one, and got as much knowledge in as possible, but I know I could have written much more - feel as if I've missed the obvious things out and I didn't cross reference enough, but it's hard to tell. :frown: Part A was horrible, hated the sources, barely NOP'd them, realised what I could have said WALKING OUT OF THE EXAM HALL.
I am so angry.
All of my exams have been failures.
Looks like I'm retaking year 12 for my 4 As.

The sources for the Wolsey question were useless! Except source 9 but it was so biased anyway! Got in as much own knowledge as I could, enclosure, justice, finance etc but hardly used the sources :/ Fingers crossed for low boundaries. However I felt part A went quite well! I'll probably be retaking if I don't get an A either :/ Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending