The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Thought it was a good paper, what were the answers to the back page questions?
Reply 121
Original post by madrevision
:eek: omg i'm so sorry you missed them, i don't mean to be one of those annoying people who try to make you feel better, but if you did well the rest of the paper then it shouldn't have much of an effect on the actual grade

Haha I'm sure it should be fine overall, I was checking through it for 10 mins and still didn't see the 'question 4 continues on the next page':mad:
Was a good paper, I reckon 49/50 for an A, 59 for full UMS.

Alrighty off to do some stats revision peace out.
Reply 123
Original post by CeeBeeA
That's not too bad then, thanks.
Reply 124
Original post by RoastHam
Haha I'm sure it should be fine overall, I was checking through it for 10 mins and still didn't see the 'question 4 continues on the next page':mad:

Yeah i did exactly the same thing but luckily saw it in the last few seconds and managed to scribble down some answers. I dont know if i got it right though
Reply 125
Nope, only saw them as the woman was collecting papers, how many marks was it?

It was 3-4 marks. Just hope you've done enough for the other pages.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 126
Any word of an unofficial mark scheme?
Reply 127
Original post by Tejmasta
Yeah i did exactly the same thing but luckily saw it in the last few seconds and managed to scribble down some answers. I dont know if i got it right though

Haha that was lucky, the annoying thing is they had a blank page after question 1, why not bring it all 1 page forwards and avoid the confusion?!
Reply 128
Haha that was lucky, the annoying thing is they had a blank page after question 1, why not bring it all 1 page forwards and avoid the confusion?!

Yeah, Ive never understood the purpose of blank pages
Reply 129
Original post by SyedaK
It was 3-4 marks. Just hope you've done enough for the other pages.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah from what I've looked up in the revision guide/book I can only find about 2 or 3 other marks I've dropped, so should be fine (although may Cambridge hopes have been diminished)
what did you get for then 24dm^3 question?
Reply 131
Original post by The_Blade

I got 56.94. Not sure whether that is right though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 132
Original post by The_Blade

I got 56.9 and most people agreed with me but some said they got 57.6
Reply 133

Exactly! What a waste of out time in flicking through the papers

To waste paper and trees, so evil and wrong!
Reply 134

Just a waste of paper really, stupid exam boards killing all the trees
Reply 135

That's just a rounding thing, should still gain you full marks to that question since it still remains close to the other answer
Reply 136
Original post by krisshP
Exactly! What a waste of out time in flicking through the papers

To waste paper and trees, so evil and wrong!

Ah great minds think a-like! We should lead a revolution against this needless destruction!
Reply 137
Original post by hhustad
I got 56.94. Not sure whether that is right though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 56.9 :biggrin: right at the end. Only at the end I realised you're supposed to calculate moles of magnesium carbonate to get the moles of CO2, then just times moles by 24,000cm3 to get the answer. I messed up first, but then writ at the end I got the correct answer. Would I get full marks or not since my working out was messy, but my final answer was clear, and it does usually say award full marks for a correct answer?

Thanks
Reply 138
Original post by krisshP
I got 56.9 :biggrin: right at the end. Only at the end I realised you're supposed to calculate moles of magnesium carbonate to get the moles of CO2, then just times moles by 24,000cm3 to get the answer. I messed up first, but then writ at the end I got the correct answer. Would I get full marks or not since my working out was messy, but my final answer was clear, and it does usually say award full marks for a correct answer?

Thanks

I think it shouldn't matter about how messy your working was as long as some method could be seen. If the answer was right you should most likely get all the marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 139
Ah great minds think a-like! We should lead a revolution against this needless destruction!

Just a waste of paper really, stupid exam boards killing all the trees

Lol then they talk about CO2, but what about all CO2 caused by these exam boards in wasting trees and paper. Someone should write on the blank page
What a bloody waste o trees and paper. This causes greater CO2 levels. Hence greenhouse effect occur.......

Hahah

Latest