The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL OCR June 2013 AS Biology F212 Exam Thread.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I sat the f211 paper on 21st and i really flopped it i think i got like 20 marks , however i have good practical marks what grade do I need to get for f212 to pass with atleast an E
Reply 21
Original post by Annemariee
I sat the f211 paper on 21st and i really flopped it i think i got like 20 marks , however i have good practical marks what grade do I need to get for f212 to pass with atleast an E

The paper was pretty weird right? I sat it too and I think I did ok but I could have done better. If you want to know how well you did, there's an unofficial mark scheme for the F211 Retake already lurking on here. I'll give it to you if you want? I'm sure you've done better than you think , you gotta give it your all for F212!

What are your coursework grades? You don't need many marks to get an E. I think it's 46/100 on F212 for an E.
Reply 22
Original post by kited4
our teacher just decided to skip alot of food/health/biodiversity out! i read through the text book and it was like every other page we hadnt done haha hopeless!! i think biodiversity has some easy bits though and i think i prefer that to food and health :/
biological molecules is the best :biggrin:

although if the f211 exam yesterday is a reflection of how hard this exam is going to be... we are all doomed

I doubt it will be that hard, I think the reason why F211 was hard because it was the last year for retakes and exam boards knew that everyone retaking was going to 'go-for-it' so they made them harder!

You can cover food and health and biodiversity by yourself! Using these sheets - http://asbiology101.wordpress.com/downloads/
Just scroll down to Unit 4/5!
Reply 23
Original post by MichaelP96
The paper was pretty weird right? I sat it too and I think I did ok but I could have done better. If you want to know how well you did, there's an unofficial mark scheme for the F211 Retake already lurking on here. I'll give it to you if you want? I'm sure you've done better than you think , you gotta give it your all for F212!

What are your coursework grades? You don't need many marks to get an E. I think it's 46/100 on F212 for an E.

Hey i got an B for coursework i saw the mark scheme thats why i think i got only 20 marks, what do i have to get for F212 to pass AS and do A2 I know i got a U for f211 and a B for coursework ,
Reply 24
Hey i got an B for coursework i saw the mark scheme thats why i think i got only 20 marks, what do i have to get for F212 to pass AS and do A2 I know i got a U for f211 and a B for coursework ,

Don't put yourself down, the mark scheme isn't 100% accurate. The mark scheme might say you have 20 marks when you might well get higher.

What's your idea of a 'pass'?
Reply 25
In my sixth form i need E's in every subject to do A2 , but I dont think i will be able to pass because I failed f211, thats why i was wondering what i need to get for F212 to get atleast an E overall for AS biology so i can do A2 next year
Reply 26
Don't put yourself down, the mark scheme isn't 100% accurate. The mark scheme might say you have 20 marks when you might well get higher.

What's your idea of a 'pass'?

[INDENT]In my sixth form i need E's in every subject to do A2 , but I dont think i will be able to pass because I failed f211, thats why i was wondering what i need to get for F212 to get atleast an E overall for AS biology so i can do A2 next year[/INDENT]

Reply 27
In my sixth form i need E's in every subject to do A2 , but I dont think i will be able to pass because I failed f211, thats why i was wondering what i need to get for F212 to get atleast an E overall for AS biology so i can do A2 next year

I think you need to aim for 55/100 on F212 to get an A overall.
You need 170/300 to get an E overall at AS
Reply 28

Is it possible for me to get an E overall, how are you revising

E is 120/300
Reply 30
What do you think i need to get for F212 , When i know i got a u for f211 and i got a B for practicals , can i still pass overall
Reply 31
Original post by Student296
E is 120/300

[INDENT]What do you think i need to get for F212 , When i know i got a u for f211 and i got a B for practicals , can i still pass overall[/INDENT]

Is it possible for me to get an E overall, how are you revising

B in coursework is 42 UMS and assuming you got 20 marks in F211 you would get around 22 UMS that is 64 UMS - 120 UMS = 56 UMS in unit 2 which is around 45 marks out of 100. Hope this help
perfectly possible you just need to get around 50 marks out of 100 in unit 2 and you will get an E overall
Reply 34
thank you so much guys, this really helped me
Crammer reporting in. I have ~4 days to I through all of unit 2 before I have to dedicate some time to psychology (which I've previously gone over already) and chemistry (my best subject) before I can come back to bio. Do you guys think its possible for me to come out with an A? I have a generally good understanding of the material and I've got my revision technique down (I think), just a matter of remembering it all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got a link were I can get the Jan 2013 paper for this unit ?
Reply 37
Anybody got an sites with notes etc?
I'll contribute pastpapers and markschemes;
http://www.freeexampapers.com/#A%20Level/Biology/OCR
Original post by yousefshah77
Anyone got a link were I can get the Jan 2013 paper for this unit ?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/143268804/120653070-OCR-F212-Jan-2013-Paper
Free to download, enjoy!

do u know where i can find the mark scheme for f212 jan 13? its not on that scribd website :'(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending