The Student Room Group

OCR (not MEI) D1 24th May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by missypink<3
Really want a massive question on simplex.

Unfortunately the simplex on Jan 2013 was massive so I've a feeling this one will be smaller!
Reply 41
guys, i spend ages doing simplex questions, any tips?
Reply 42
Original post by Rajan
guys, i spend ages doing simplex questions, any tips?

Same here, just have to hurry through the rest of the paper :smile:
anyone got any tips for the little questions that ask you to draw graphs of vertices 5,4 or whatever etc? i always find them kinds of questions so hard
Reply 44
hey guys, in jan 13 paper, the last question, 5vii. how did they do it?
Reply 45
Original post by Rajan
hey guys, in jan 13 paper, the last question, 5vii. how did they do it?

Some time before, I posted my solution to this question. :biggrin:
Here is how I did it:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=217005&d=1368871730
I shall explain before you may ask.
The bit where I have 4P+y=250
You know P is maximum where whatever added to it is 0 (y>=0)
So 4P=250, P=62.5
You can sell only whole boxes, so P can be a whole number as well and Int(62.5)=62 :smile:
Reply 46
I really hope a linear programme question doesn't come up because I haven't done a singke one, I know the theory behind it I just cant be bothered to draw them, I might do some now actually..
Reply 47
Original post by zcanf
I really hope a linear programme question doesn't come up because I haven't done a singke one, I know the theory behind it I just cant be bothered to draw them, I might do some now actually..

I would recommend you do them, it's 100% certain to come up
Reply 48
Just wanted to say good luck to you guys! :smile:
Reply 49
Will Mr. M do the answers?
Reply 50
How'd everyone find it then?
harder than jan13, took more thinking time, but generally OK.
Reply 52
Think i may have failed that one..
Reply 53
That one really gobbled up the time, especially that fricking algorithm question. Left with less time than I would have liked to check over my work. Think I did okay over all though, however I know that I got the last question wrong as I got P optimised as 66.6 when it should have been 88. Hopefully get 2 or 3 out of 6 for working though for that question.

Answers by mr M would be fantastic!
Reply 54
I'm pretty sure i messed up the final simplex iteration (got a value of 88), a blessing in disguise that it was only 6 marks. thought the rest was reasonable though.
Reply 55
what do you guys reckon the grade boundaries will be like? If there as lenient as they have been then I'll be sailing but if their steep this could turn out nasty.
Reply 56
88 is certainly right as that is the value from when we did it graphically as it should have been.

Did people get 69 as the value just less than 70?

Also did people get three 32s for the pairing for the route inspection problem question?
Did this one as a resit from January and I think it was a waste of £20. Didn't go well at all, hope you guys did good though!
Reply 58
anyone?
Reply 59
Urgh, exam didn't go too well :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending