The Student Room Group

Higher Geography

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by katys1996
I just redraw them again and again - simple versions, detailed versions. just find what suits you.
Earlier on some soil profile diagrams were posted.

Yeah repetition works, thanks :smile:
In the end I made up my own revision songs for each soil and I'm ashamed to say it worked...
Reply 61
Original post by ChrissyH
In the end I made up my own revision songs for each soil and I'm ashamed to say it worked...

Aww well whatever works for you! if I was musical I'd do that, but I'm more arty so drawing them out helps me :smile:

Revision songs are a great thing!
I made up a few songs for my SG Biology exam last year, and I can still remember some parts of the songs :biggrin:
Reply 63
All of my notes seem to have disapparated :frown: where are you Industry, can't find my South Wales notes anywhere...
Hey guys, good luck with your revision. I remember doing Higher Geog last year, it was my favourite subject haha :P

Does anyone have an efficient way of learning the soil diagrams?

Here are some diagrams I posted in last year's thread:

brown earth.jpg
podzol.jpg

Hopefully it'll help.
Can anyone help with predictions
Also I can do any of atmosphere... Can someone help please
Please guys, I have 3 exams in 4 days next week and I am struggling
Original post by Stephiebee96
Also I can do any of atmosphere... Can someone help please

I think someone already posted this website before but it's really useful, you should definitely take a look at it http://www.ardacad.co.uk/geo/notes/h_modelans/h_modelans.shtml
Reply 69
Original post by Stephiebee96
Can anyone help with predictions

Someone posted what their teacher predicted at the beginning of this forum, but remember these are ONLY predictions - sometimes the SQA will change their question pattern just to throw us.
If I were you I'd revise the marking schemes for the key points in common questions. Just quickly jot down the key points you have to make and make sure you've covered the most common questions. Also your paper 2 questions are fairly predictable, they can only be a number of possible things so just make sure you look over the types of questions they may ask you.
Hope I've helped in some way :smile:
Reply 70
Really not keen on Atmosphere and Biosphere - they were the last two topics our teachers did and were pretty rushed, although we do Succession and Climax Vegetation in Biology so it kinda helps!
Original post by Nessie162
I think someone already posted this website before but it's really useful, you should definitely take a look at it http://www.ardacad.co.uk/geo/notes/h_modelans/h_modelans.shtml

Thankyou I will have a look
Reply 72
Original post by RKS330
Really not keen on Atmosphere and Biosphere - they were the last two topics our teachers did and were pretty rushed, although we do Succession and Climax Vegetation in Biology so it kinda helps!

Biosphere there is a lot less content needed as they can only ask you three questions: Soil, sand dune succession and Climax vegetation. So basically you just need to know enough about all soils and for sand dune succession, keep naming a plant each dune because you get like 6 marks for named examples!!
Reply 73
Original post by CSM1996
Biosphere there is a lot less content needed as they can only ask you three questions: Soil, sand dune succession and Climax vegetation. So basically you just need to know enough about all soils and for sand dune succession, keep naming a plant each dune because you get like 6 marks for named examples!!

Yeah suppose -thanks! Geography's just difficult in how much there is in the course!
Original post by RKS330

i don't know any of the biosphere stuff, literally couldn't force myself to listen its that ****ing boring :lol:
Hey guys, How is everyone feeling for the Geography exam ??

I haven't started yet :s-smilie: Done a bit but really exhausted and got to do Chemistry as well !
Original post by itsGrand131415
Hey guys, How is everyone feeling for the Geography exam ??

I haven't started yet :s-smilie: Done a bit but really exhausted and got to do Chemistry as well !

am honestly freaking out am starting my proper revision today but i have got physics exam on Monday which i will also need to revise for
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: yessss Geography my last exam!
anyone got soil profile for gley soils? and heard the new curriculum for excellence or whatever is taking out biosphere out! lucky them
Reply 78
For both my prelims i only revised the night before by looking at reoccuring questions and writing down the answers, and then look over all these just before the prelim. I got As in both the original Prelim and the top-up. Looks like i might do tthat for the actual exam cos i still have physics and Chemistry, and im not that good at chemistry :frown:
There's so much to learn for geography and I have 3 exams next week Ahhh fml. I hate urban and atmosphere so much :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending