The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2640
Original post by ghost_rebel
Am I the only one that did Yellow Palm and Belfast Confetti??:confused:

Majority of my class did that. I chose Come On, Come Back. A few did Mametz Wood, though I'm not sure what they wrote, and a few Out of the Blue. Only 1 person chose the Hawk Roosting question!
i found this exam really nice ! i did yellow palm and belfast confetti :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did that! Love those 2 poems :smile:
The place poems were the best! I did Crossing the Loch and compared it with The Prelude. And the unseen was easy as well I thought, it was an extended metaphor :smile: I wrote 7 pages, not sure if that's too much but hey :biggrin:
Original post by ryanroks1
For the unseen, I talked about the constant use of commas. They slowed down the reader which in turn could suggest she wants to slow down the growing up of her daughter. Is that a valid point?

Yup. Everyone came up with soooo many original, amazing and unique points!
Grade boundaries going to rocket up :frown:
Reply 2645

I did too! What points did you make?
Reply 2646
Original post by cleveradam
Yup. Everyone came up with soooo many original, amazing and unique points!
Grade boundaries going to rocket up :frown:

Ugh :frown: i must be the only one who thought it was just ok :frown: the boundaries are gonna be so high :frown:
Unseen - I spoke about the 'bicycle' representing a cyclical structure of eternity and that she wanted to be with her daughter more which contrasts to when she says 'more distance'

I spoke about isolation of the word 'goodbye' and how that could be interpreted that the mother is on her own now wiithout the daughter and it shows the mothers isolation

Also about the structure of the poem looking like a cliffhanger and a block - block: the mother is the rock in the relationship, she is the foundation etc she is there to 'catch' the daughter - when she falls off of her bike and in life etc etc and the cliffhanger to represent how even though the poems story is over, it's not the end of the relationship with the daughter etc etc

I made reaaaaaaaally random points but can they be vaild? (I made more obvs but these were the more obscure ones!)

Thanks x
Original post by cxhay
Ugh :frown: i must be the only one who thought it was just ok :frown: the boundaries are gonna be so high :frown:

Same!!! I didnt think it was THAT amazing I think I did ok but definately not an high band 5 worthy.
Original post by Oiseaux
I loved this exam! When I saw Sonnet 116 on the paper I couldn't stop smiling: all my dreams had come true. I compared it with Hour, and thanks to Mr Bruff's video on Sonnet 116 I made a lot of references to phallic undertones and sexual references. I'd love to see the look on the examiner's face (I was desperate to find sexual references in Hour for comparison so I said 'cuckoo spit' was a reference to ejaculation, which is ridiculous but lol =_=).
The unseen poem question was really easy as well. So on a whole, it went a lot, lot better than the Unit 1 exam.

i did that 1 2.. i was soo happy when it came up,,, those mr bruff videos are amazing...
Original post by nadiajerrari
Unseen - I spoke about the 'bicycle' representing a cyclical structure of eternity and that she wanted to be with her daughter more which contrasts to when she says 'more distance'

I spoke about isolation of the word 'goodbye' and how that could be interpreted that the mother is on her own now wiithout the daughter and it shows the mothers isolation

Also about the structure of the poem looking like a cliffhanger and a block - block: the mother is the rock in the relationship, she is the foundation etc she is there to 'catch' the daughter - when she falls off of her bike and in life etc etc and the cliffhanger to represent how even though the poems story is over, it's not the end of the relationship with the daughter etc etc

I made reaaaaaaaally random points but can they be vaild? (I made more obvs but these were the more obscure ones!)

Thanks x

First two are good. If I'm honest the last one seems way too far fetched to me and unconvincing, but it's not gonna mark you down and they'll like the effort of talking about poetic structure :smile:
I think grade boundaries will go up due to the poems being so easy to predict this series.
Original post by Farhan96
I think grade boundaries will go up due to the poems being so easy to predict this series.

They always do that,, just hope you get really high marks and a good examiner.
does anyone have a rough idea of grade boundaries?

Original post by Cynical.
Majority of my class did that. I chose Come On, Come Back. A few did Mametz Wood, though I'm not sure what they wrote, and a few Out of the Blue. Only 1 person chose the Hawk Roosting question!

My class was more spread out,half did hawk roosting and nearly all of them compared it to flag!nd people mainly compared yellow palm to out of the blue and mametz wood!
Original post by ShelleyStudent
does anyone have a rough idea of grade boundaries?

Deffo going to go up I guess.
I did the lady Macbeth question..yeh it was good..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Srf123
I did too! What points did you make?

wooo!:biggrin: nd i didnt manage to get all my points down which I had in my head due to the time:frown: but for yellow palm,i mentioned about the mosque showing religion as a cause of conflict nd saying how the man reflects the glass coffin as its fragile,which might suggest the man being fragile aswell:L i think that a pretty poor interpretation haha nd for belfast confetti i just mainly talked about the use of 'exclamation marks nd 'asterisk' saying the scale of destruction!what points did u make??
Reply 2659
I did wild swans at coole with the prelude

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending