The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greatwhiteshark
yh multiplying number of moles by avagadro's constant should give you number of molecules. If you then multiplied THAT number by the number of atoms in the SiCl4 molecule (i.e. 5) then that would give you number of atoms. But it sounds like you got it right nyway.

Yeah I got it right :smile:
Reply 1221
Original post by JoshBridgett
Thanks for clearing this up.. I was wondering this myself :smile: I ended up with the number of moles, should only lose 1 mark since Avagadro's Constant is given in the formula booklet?

I'd say 1 mimimum, 2 maximum (depending on your answer for moles). You should definitely get an M1 mark, maybe an A1 mark too if you're lucky. (one M1 mark for timesing by AC and maybe the A1 mark for the number of molecules, maybe it's for the number of moles, depends on how the mark scheme is.)
I screwed up really badly on on the group 2 chloride question:-(
Stress of being in isolation because I had 3 exams today made me so nervous that I took way too long on the first half and rushed the second half.
Anyone know what the question about across period 2 was?
I remember there was three big questions.. On on ionisation , another one was a chloride and another one was abound bonding and structure?
Or am I getting confused
Original post by Funtry
I'd say 1 mimimum, 2 maximum (depending on your answer for moles). You should definitely get an M1 mark, maybe an A1 mark too if you're lucky. (one M1 mark for timesing by AC and maybe the A1 mark for the number of molecules, maybe it's for the number of moles, depends on how the mark scheme is.)

Ah ok thanks, I had 0.05 for the number of moles, I knew something was missing but I thought that Avagadro's constant was just number of atoms. Hopefully the mark scheme is generous :smile:
Original post by Nermin Hayek
It's definitely 360 because it was multiplying the mole ratio by 3 not the final volume

thanks. the last question on particles and bonding column was wishy washy I thought . I missed out drawing my other 6 elections on the 3 fllourines in nh3bf3.. after I everything else right. I only get one Mark.I didn't even see the k+ on first q
Original post by Stiffmeister
Will you get ecf for the dipole-dipole question.
Its 1080cm3

I remember getting 360cm3 for a question. I think you got 360 and multiplied it by 3 but I think you had to multiply by 3 before, not in the end. I hope someone can clarify this.
Original post by scorpio22
thanks. the last question on particles and bonding column was wishy washy I thought . I missed out drawing my other 6 elections on the 3 fllourines in nh3bf3.. after I everything else right. I only get one Mark.I didn't even see the k+ on first q

I forgot to draw them too
lost out on 6 kinda silly marks ... Hoping I can still get an A
Well I hope it's 360, since I've already lost at least 10 marks on stupid mistakes don't need any more :cry:
Reply 1228
I felt really confident after doing the paper but now im starting to feel like i've lost about 15 marks :frown:. Btw on the drawing the ionic kcl question, I forgot to put the charges on the K+ and cl-, how many marks will I lose on that question?
I forgot to draw them too
lost out on 6 kinda silly marks ... Hoping I can still get an A

you get the mark despite not drawing the six other electrons it only ask to show for paired in markschemes

if it were ionic you would have to show all
Reply 1230
I made loads of stupid mistakes on this exam. Didn't realise until I came out of the exam hall.:unimpressed:
Original post by gaby_xo
Stress of being in isolation because I had 3 exams today made me so nervous that I took way too long on the first half and rushed the second half.
I remember there was three big questions.. On on ionisation , another one was a chloride and another one was abound bonding and structure?
Or am I getting confused

there was no bonding and structure,many failed to read it was about IE of the LI,C and F

so its about shells ect
Original post by jackitsme
you get the mark despite not drawing the six other electrons it only ask to show for paired in markschemes

if it were ionic you would have to show all

Oh really ? even if they asked us to show outer shell electrons? That's a relief :smile:
Original post by gogo122
I felt really confident after doing the paper but now im starting to feel like i've lost about 15 marks :frown:. Btw on the drawing the ionic kcl question, I forgot to put the charges on the K+ and cl-, how many marks will I lose on that question?

Ugh, same :frown: It was out of 2, so we should probably get 1.
Original post by Funtry
Incorrect, unless it was asking for the number of atoms (which is wasn't I don't think). A mole doesn't always apply to atoms (see previous post).
how many marks would i get from that?? :frown:
Oh really? That's a relief :smile:

yup because its a full shell so no point showing the rest,BOTD(benifit of the doubt woud be given)
Reply 1236
OH MY GOSH! IT'S OVER.

Thats the 3rd time i've taken that exam, for the love of god, I am never doing it again.
Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme floating around?

Plus what did you get on the water of crystallisation question?

Hope it all went well for youuuu!!!!!!
Reply 1237
Original post by gaby_xo
Or am I getting confused

I ballsed the group 2 question up too...panicked and changed my answer three times. ultimately to the wrong answer aha.
Reply 1238
Original post by Char-
OH MY GOSH! IT'S OVER.

Thats the 3rd time i've taken that exam, for the love of god, I am never doing it again.

I got x=16...
Original post by Char-
OH MY GOSH! IT'S OVER.

I got 16 for the value of x, what about you?

Latest

Trending

Trending