The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Original post by Char-
OH MY GOSH! IT'S OVER.

Thats the 3rd time i've taken that exam, for the love of god, I am never doing it again.
Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme floating around?

Plus what did you get on the water of crystallisation question?

Hope it all went well for youuuu!!!!!!

x was 16. Are you doing A2?, if so how are you feeling for the F325 OR F324 exam?
Original post by Nermin Hayek
Oh really ? even if they asked us to show outer shell electrons? That's a relief :smile:

oh fudge did they? i dont recall that :frown:! damn 1 mark only out of 2 then
funny **** with the sarcasm.:L
Reply 1242
Original post by Zakee
The question was testing your understanding that you can have moles of anything (in response to the previous poster before you).

I think, (from memory), you had something like this:

Number of moles = m/RMM

Number of moles = 0.05 moles.

0.05 x 6.02 x 10^23 = 3.01 x 10^22 molecules.

you then times it by 5 as there are 4 Cls and 1 Si..... got the PH3 one wrong, where i put Vdw, got the litmus paper things wrong prob.. overall speaking as a A2 student, the paper was comparatively harder than previous papers. Some principles I have a feeling some may find hard to integrate, as F325 (A2 unit) helped out in the calculations.
Original post by Char-
OH MY GOSH! IT'S OVER.

Thats the 3rd time i've taken that exam, for the love of god, I am never doing it again.
Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme floating around?

Plus what did you get on the water of crystallisation question?

Hope it all went well for youuuu!!!!!!

Hopefully you did well this time :smile:
The answer to the water of crystallisation was 16 I believe :smile:
Original post by jackitsme
yup because its a full shell so no point showing the rest,BOTD(benifit of the doubt woud be given)

I hope so but what would the other mark been for other than the dative covalent bond between b and n ?
there was no bonding and structure,many failed to read it was about IE of the LI,C and F

so its about shells ect

I'm so happy I read that one twice. I definitely wrote about ionisation energy going up across the period because increasing nuclear charge that increases the spun clear attraction to the outer most electrons, reducing the atomic radius, which increases the over nuclear attraction causing an increase in first ionisation energy:confused::rolleyes:
Reply 1246
yeah the ionisation one you talk about ionisation energy -shells,nuclear charge ,cmon???? why would you talk about structure and bonding :L

I was referring to the wrong question, which I already pointed out.
I did converse on the topics that you mentioned so everyone's cool!

:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Does the dot formula number show you the number of water molecules in the compound ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by krishkmistry
Does the dot formula number show you the number of water molecules in the compound ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh the waters of cyrstallisation present
anyone got a copy of the paper? I didn't do this paper but would like to see it to see how it was :smile:
Original post by Nutter95
I ballsed the group 2 question up too...panicked and changed my answer three times. ultimately to the wrong answer aha.

I just had 3 minutes left and I couldn't think what the hell it was on about
Grr I'm so angry at myself, that's 5 marks down the drain:frown::mad:
Reply 1251
Original post by gaby_xo
I just had 3 minutes left and I couldn't think what the hell it was on about
Grr I'm so angry at myself, that's 5 marks down the drain:frown::mad:

You didn't get to answer it?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
i think ive lost around 5/6 marks, hopefully boundaries wont be too high
Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme and what do you reckon the grade boundaries are going to be like??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ché.
You didn't get to answer it?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did do it.. I just wrote a rubbish answer that made no sense at all
And it was completely wrong..
I'm so annoyed cause I really need an A in this :-(
Reply 1255
Original post by drplease
you then times it by 5 as there are 4 Cls and 1 Si..... got the PH3 one wrong, where i put Vdw, got the litmus paper things wrong prob.. overall speaking as a A2 student, the paper was comparatively harder than previous papers. Some principles I have a feeling some may find hard to integrate, as F325 (A2 unit) helped out in the calculations.

It asked for the number of molecules. Not the number of atoms. SiCl4 is the molecule. The number of atoms are (x5) greater than the number of molecules.
Reply 1256
Would I get the mark for concentrated ammonia 'solution' and not just concentrated ammonia?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the question about further testing halogens/precipitates do you think putting 'aqueous ammonia solution' would be enough or do you HAVE to put 'concentrated' too?
Original post by ChestnutHero
For the question about further testing halogens/precipitates do you think putting 'aqueous ammonia solution' would be enough or do you HAVE to put 'concentrated' too?

I wrote that too but I think we should have mentioned concentrated :frown:
Original post by Ferrari_1996
I remember getting 360cm3 for a question. I think you got 360 and multiplied it by 3 but I think you had to multiply by 3 before, not in the end. I hope someone can clarify this.

I also got 360 cm3 :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending