The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Exams today were decent. Did anyone else say how the unseen poem for AQA, the bike ride was an extended metaphor alluding to the child growing up?
Original post by Jina
Hey! All i'll say is it could've been worse. :/ you?
I didn't like the unseen poem though. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

What'd you write for it? I wrote a load of bs but hopefully the examiner will interpret it as perceptive! :lol:
Original post by Dalek1099

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Ryan075
Haha ok then. I looks like there is some pretty serious stuff going on though, in terms of relationships though

Like between who? :sly:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3644
Original post by Elm Tree
What'd you write for it? I wrote a load of bs but hopefully the examiner will interpret it as perceptive! :lol:

My thoughts exactly! It was too simple and so i found analysis really difficult. Considering it was my first attempt at doing it...i was ok. But i made a major mistake in writing as if the daughter had left home already. FML.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinasaurus
Exams today were decent. Did anyone else say how the unseen poem for AQA, the bike ride was an extended metaphor alluding to the child growing up?

I did!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:awesome: anywhere nice? Better be worth it:rofl:

Haha if you call Cornwall nice then yeah lol, dw I'll have my phone with me so I'll probably post something
Reply 3647
Original post by Olympiad
Like between who? :sly:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who do you think? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Hey! All i'll say is it could've been worse. :/ you?
I didn't like the unseen poem though. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I loved the comparison, but I still hate the timing of English exams, so I had much more to say...the unseen poem was ok I thought, until I realised when I logged onto TSR that I wrote about general feelings and attitudes about growing up and not the mother's feelings...I am so stupid. I asked on the official thread about this, with replies that it shouldn't harm the marks too much. I'm still kicking myself though.
Reply 3649
Original post by Elm Tree

And LOOOOOOOOL! Elm! I'm 16 you ass! Shadab and I were playing a prank on you! -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Who do you think? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't actually know, tell?:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
And LOOOOOOOOL! Elm! I'm 16 you ass! Shadab and I were playing a prank on you! -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought you said you were like 19 or something,
I even believed it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinasaurus

I didn't caught on to that until my friend told me like straight after the exams, I talked about the usage of commas and how they emphasize on certain words e.g. laughter, - it is a momentary pause to suggest the end of the 'memory' of her child hood.

And did anyone else think this may have been an eulogy? I dunno but it does fit in
Reply 3653
I don't actually know, tell?:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

But the person will kill me. Plus Ryan could be thinking of 2 different people.'lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3654
I thought you said you were like 19 or something,
I even believed it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahaha sorry! Its just Elm believed it and shadab was like "jina play along"...
So we played along. LOOoOooL

Btw I was born in London too. Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
But the person will kill me. Plus Ryan could be thinking of 2 different people.'lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

PM me who you think, I can keep secrets :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Hahahaha sorry! Its just Elm believed it and shadab was like "jina play along"...
So we played along. LOOoOooL

Btw I was born in London too. Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh, are you actually what you pretended to be? (Sorry I don't remember what you said)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3657
Oooh, are you actually what you pretended to be? (Sorry I don't remember what you said)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha i said i'm 19... But I'm 16! :smile:

Btw do you have kik?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Haha i said i'm 19... But I'm 16! :smile:

Btw do you have kik?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant country think you pretended to be from somewhere else?

Nope :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3659
I meant country think you pretended to be from somewhere else?

Nope :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh yes... Bangladesh :smile: im still bangladeshi though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest