Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by chantalx
Good luck guys!:smile:

You too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone wanna share crit answers?
I thought it was hard.
I just made up my answers!! They sounded plausible to me but I know its not what their stupid mark schemes are looking for! Literally hadn't revised for this at all as I had 3 exams today. This one doesn't really matter whereas chemistry and spanish do! Does anyone know what the grade boundaries are normally like?
Original post by calla_lily
I just made up my answers!! They sounded plausible to me but I know its not what their stupid mark schemes are looking for! Literally hadn't revised for this at all as I had 3 exams today. This one doesn't really matter whereas chemistry and spanish do! Does anyone know what the grade boundaries are normally like?

Usually around 55 for an A
okay i know i ****ed up the multiple choice, but here's what i got... if you didn't get what i got then you must've done well :smile:
A
C
B
B
D
A
B
A
C
B
D
D
D
A
C
How did u remember all that? Did u find section c really hard?
Original post by olly100
okay i know i ****ed up the multiple choice, but here's what i got... if you didn't get what i got then you must've done well :smile:
A
C
B
B
D
A
B
A
C
B
D
D
D
A
C

how did u remember that!! yeah i remember getting alot of ds at the end lol
Reply 48
Did any body else see an error in the paper?
my paper was full of BS :L hopefully ill get better than an E this time!
Reply 50
This exam was so hard! Much harder than ANY of the past papers they've given. I chose D so much for the multiple choice :s-smilie:. Also think I chose the wrong appeal for the question towards the end of section B. Did Popularity and everyone else seemed to do History. Too many conclusions in the source as well.
Reply 51
Didn't like that exam :L found the arguments realllly difficult!! (Especially the second one, completely messed it up!) Also had nooo idea why people should use their vote haha...don't have opinions on these things!
Original post by Onoderas
This exam was so hard! Much harder than ANY of the past papers they've given. I chose D so much for the multiple choice :s-smilie:. Also think I chose the wrong appeal for the question towards the end of section B. Did Popularity and everyone else seemed to do History. Too many conclusions in the source as well.

Assuming I'm thinking of the right one, I got popularity too...if it's any consolation :tongue: Seemed like the most logical one, given that it gave various examples of different countries.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ellipsis...
How did u remember all that? Did u find section c really hard?

haha i wrote them all down on my hand at the end! Oh yeah section c i found surprisingly hard :/
Reply 53
Original post by kawai

Assuming I'm thinking of the right one, I got popularity too...if it's any consolation :tongue: Seemed like the most logical one, given that it gave various examples of different countries.

Haha thank you so much! Didn't think History worked at all because it just said this is what has changed? But popularity seemed better as it was saying that they should do it too because all of these countries have done it, then said it was weak because just because they did it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do :smile:. Also found developing your arguments section hard. But probably the hardest part was evaluating the author's response! Just said he used a strong principle and non-sequitir :s-smilie:
Reply 54
You know the one about computer science, I swear the grammar was dodgy!
Reply 55
Haha thank you so much! Didn't think History worked at all because it just said this is what has changed? But popularity seemed better as it was saying that they should do it too because all of these countries have done it, then said it was weak because just because they did it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do :smile:. Also found developing your arguments section hard. But probably the hardest part was evaluating the author's response! Just said he used a strong principle and non-sequitir :s-smilie:

My thoughts exactly :smile: the whole point was based around the fact that those countries had gone for it, so fingers crossed! :tongue: I found that bit hard too! No idea what I put though! Bulshed and hoped for the best haha! (Don't even know what a non-sequitir is...so definitely didn't get the same there :tongue: )Hopefully the boundaries will be nice...as everyone seems to be saying how horrible section C was :tongue:
Reply 56
Original post by kawai
My thoughts exactly :smile: the whole point was based around the fact that those countries had gone for it, so fingers crossed! :tongue: I found that bit hard too! No idea what I put though! Bulshed and hoped for the best haha! (Don't even know what a non-sequitir is...so definitely didn't get the same there :tongue: )Hopefully the boundaries will be nice...as everyone seems to be saying how horrible section C was :tongue:

So glad we thought the same! It sounds right to me I don't see how you could use history there as history says the future will resemble the past? And it's just a fancy name for an unrelated conclusion :P but me too! The last question was so hard to make points for. Even the multiple choice and so on was hard, definitely would be shocked if the boundaries are not lower.
Reply 57
So glad we thought the same! It sounds right to me I don't see how you could use history there as history says the future will resemble the past? And it's just a fancy name for an unrelated conclusion :P but me too! The last question was so hard to make points for. Even the multiple choice and so on was hard, definitely would be shocked if the boundaries are not lower.
Yeah, that's my understanding of history...even though it's in the past that the countries signed up, feels kind of irrelevant in the context. Ohh right ok haha! And yeah, the last question was horrrrible...feel sorry for whoever has to decipher my waffling :tongue: Have randomly started caring about this exam/subject...fingers crossed that everyone else in the country found it as horrible as us for nice boundaries! :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by kawai
Yeah, that's my understanding of history...even though it's in the past that the countries signed up, feels kind of irrelevant in the context. Ohh right ok haha! And yeah, the last question was horrrrible...feel sorry for whoever has to decipher my waffling :tongue: Have randomly started caring about this exam/subject...fingers crossed that everyone else in the country found it as horrible as us for nice boundaries! :tongue:

Yeah exactly! I don't see how you could evaluate it like that :s-smilie:. But it seriously was! Wrote something about giving back to the economy and sorting people into work it was so irrelevant :s-smilie:. But from the sound of it it looks that way so hopefully they will! I know how you feel though, people say it's worthless but I'd rather pass than fail :smile:
Yeah I put appeal to popularity as did most others at my school. The history bit was kind of irrelevant so I'm sure it is popularity.

Quick Reply

Latest