The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KayvanR
Anyone able to make an unofficial mark scheme?

I tried on a previous page but couldn't remember the order of the questions and the marks
Original post by hassanakhtaruk
Why is Na3PO4 described as a salt of H3PO4?

I said the Na ion replaces the H ion in H3po4
Someone must have got the paper by now surely
Reply 1303
Original post by Legal drugdealer
your joking right thats very high for this paper dont you think

I agree. I'd say something like 47 is an A.
I said the Na ion replaces the H ion in H3po4

Woo! Saaame!!!

When you compare it to papers from earlier years, this was a straight-forward paper. Not that many questions which really stumped anyone.
Worst case scenario is I can get the paper tomorrow morning from a teacher apparently, since I doubt anyone has it today.
Original post by theCreator
Worst case scenario is I can get the paper tomorrow morning from a teacher apparently, since I doubt anyone has it today.

yay !!
When you compare it to papers from earlier years, this was a straight-forward paper. Not that many questions which really stumped anyone.

Speak for your self there were some questions like the covalent bonding and intermolecular forces question that were very deceiving.

Thats what you think but generally I think people made mistakes. For example Bond Angles, Saying something about Displacement instead of Silver Nitrate, VDW forces etc etc
Original post by flyylikejetz
You sure for the cl one ?
I said
Group 2 becomes more reactive as you go down with cl
number of electrons increases thus shell and atomic radius
increase electron shielding
less nuclear attraction of outer-most electrons
easier to lose an electron ?

yes the 3-4 points
atomic raduis ,sheilding and nuclear attraction ect your right,you get marks for the words
What have the grade boundaries been for the past several years?
Original post by yodawg321
Thats what you think but generally I think people made mistakes. For example Bond Angles, Saying something about Displacement instead of Silver Nitrate, VDW forces etc etc

No, generally I heard most people thought it was a good paper. Guess I missed a few opinion out on here.
No, generally I heard most people thought it was a good paper. Guess I missed a few opinion out on here.

Yeah generally people on TSR thought It was a good paper but there's always room for mistakes

I disagree with that to a degree, yes it was pretty straight forward, but many of the questions as somebody already mentioned were quite deceiving or not as obvious as those in the past. The calculations were pretty straight forward, but it was a different paper to past papers, so it's hardly one we're used to.

everyone saying this paper was easier than jan based on comments, june 2010 was 52 for an A
june 11 was 50
june 12 was 49

so no
Original post by _Morsey_
I disagree with that to a degree, yes it was pretty straight forward, but many of the questions as somebody already mentioned were quite deceiving or not as obvious as those in the past. The calculations were pretty straight forward, but it was a different paper to past papers, so it's hardly one we're used to.

agree with you here.
Original post by niceguy95
everyone saying this paper was easier than jan based on comments, june 2010 was 52 for an A
june 11 was 50
june 12 was 49

so no

fair enough but i was the same until i realised how many errors ive made so oppinions may change with a markscheme
Original post by _Morsey_

I agree with you to some extent. But that's sort of the point. If we just had the same questions or similar questions what would be the point, almost everyone would know the answer from past years, as much as I and everyone else dislikes it, they are sort of forced to ask us new different style questions. For example if you did biology you'd know that tuesday's paper was simply vile.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1319
On the very last question on that table, for the bottom right box i just wrote 'f2 molecules' do you think I'll get the mark or is that not precise enough?

Latest

Trending

Trending