The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by themancunian
I didn't caught on to that until my friend told me like straight after the exams, I talked about the usage of commas and how they emphasize on certain words e.g. laughter, - it is a momentary pause to suggest the end of the 'memory' of her child hood.

And did anyone else think this may have been an eulogy? I dunno but it does fit in

I said it was a fuzzy memory from the both thinking of her beloved child but she is so overwhelmed by sadness that the fact her daughter has left the home keeps resurfacing, so in what began as simply her reminiscing about her child learning to ride the book ended up with the same recurring thought.

Ooh didn't think of the eulogy, sounds good.
Reply 3661
Such a big urge to scare the delivery man in my room... Im hiding under the covers... Loool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Ahh yes... Bangladesh :smile: im still bangladeshi though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I laughed at your inbox LOOOL, it's not true!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I felt so clever and creative but most of my friends thought of the same ideas ahaha :colondollar: Which poems did you compare?

Did anyone else do Hawk Roosting and Flag?
Original post by Dinasaurus
I felt so clever and creative but most of my friends thought of the same ideas ahaha :colondollar: Which poems did you compare?

Did anyone else do Hawk Roosting and Flag?

I did relationships,
Sonnet 116 & sonnet 43
- I literally memorised the exact same essay so I got so happy that it came up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Olympiad
Like between who? :sly:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jina and Elm Tree

:sly:
I said it was a fuzzy memory from the both thinking of her beloved child but she is so overwhelmed by sadness that the fact her daughter has left the home keeps resurfacing, so in what began as simply her reminiscing about her child learning to ride the book ended up with the same recurring thought.

Ooh didn't think of the eulogy, sounds good.

Ah okay, oh yeah why didn't I think of that... lol

Mhmm I didn't talk about it much though.

What cluster did you do? I do relationships and compared sonnet 116 to Praise Song for My Mother
Reply 3667
I laughed at your inbox LOOOL, it's not true!

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOOoOoOoL! Ryan can see it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
And LOOOOOOOOL! Elm! I'm 16 you ass! Shadab and I were playing a prank on you! -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jina you don't have to lie to me anymore, I have nothing against you being 19 :smile:
This weekend will be amazing. LoL All Star weekend :coma:
I did relationships,
Sonnet 116 & sonnet 43
- I literally memorised the exact same essay so I got so happy that it came up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aah, I've not done relationships, only sonnet I know is sonnet 18.
Exams today were decent. Did anyone else say how the unseen poem for AQA, the bike ride was an extended metaphor alluding to the child growing up?

Isn't it obvious because in the question it said how does the mother feel about her child growing up?
Original post by Jina
LOOoOoOoL! Ryan can see it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How?:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by themancunian
Ah okay, oh yeah why didn't I think of that... lol

Mhmm I didn't talk about it much though.

What cluster did you do? I do relationships and compared sonnet 116 to Praise Song for My Mother

Oh I did conflict, it seems not many did conflict for some reason. Like my class was the only class in our school who did it. But I compared Hawk Roosting and Flag.
Reply 3674
Original post by Bude8
Jina and Elm Tree

:sly:

Don't you know? We're going out... -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elm Tree
Isn't it obvious because in the question it said how does the mother feel about her child growing up?

SONNET 116 CAME UP!
I didn't even read the question, as soon as I read "Sonnet 116" I literally wrote down the essay I memorised, then at the end I was like :hmm: maybe I should check, thankfully I answered the right thing :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't believe I wrote about the general feelings and not the mother's...ah well. How did you find it Elm?
Reply 3677
Jina you don't have to lie to me anymore, I have nothing against you being 19 :smile:

You obviously do! Hahaha Fish and i both noticed you speaking to me less! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Don't you know? We're going out... -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

For real or jk? (I'm not good at sarcasm)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3679

Observe. Observe my child.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest