The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theCreator
Definitely better than biology, thought it was good, but I guess we'll see on results day.

What's done is done.I didn't do a resit for bio because ill do it next year but yeah however if you didn't read the question carefully,you'd be screwed on today's exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
I might be able to get a copy of the paper but tomorrow morning :/

That'd be great!
Reply 1342
Anyone else get ClO- as the ion in the bleach question, conc aq ammonia as the thing to distinguise between Br- and I-?

Plus, the drawing, I put the dative covalent in the BF3 bit, between a fluorine and the boron, and has a double bond between the nitrogen and the boron? Not sure if this is right, but it seemed to work out alright
Original post by Char-
Anyone else get ClO- as the ion in the bleach question, conc aq ammonia as the thing to distinguise between Br- and I-?

Plus, the drawing, I put the dative covalent in the BF3 bit, between a fluorine and the boron, and has a double bond between the nitrogen and the boron? Not sure if this is right, but it seemed to work out alright

Yeah it is ClO-, and conc. ammonia.

But it's your drawing is incorrect, it's the dative covalent bond between the nitrogen and boron. All the fluorines and hydrogens are bonded singly.
Reply 1344
I might be able to get a copy of the paper but tomorrow morning :/

omg please will you post a copy on here please please please
Original post by Char-

The dative covalent bond is between the Boron and Nitrogen.

NH3 is three bonded pairs (N-H) and a lone pair of electrons. The Lone pair then acts as the dative covalent bond with Boron which is also has three bonded pairs (B-F).

Thats what i did and seemed to work.
Finally been able to upload the paper...so here it is people! Enjoy! image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Original post by anna1233
omg please will you post a copy on here please please please

The only reason I would get a copy is to post on here. Did you know on tuesday I was the one that stole the biology paper just to post it on the forum ahahahah
Reply 1348
Yeah it is ClO-, and conc. ammonia.

But it's your drawing is incorrect, it's the dative covalent bond between the nitrogen and boron. All the fluorines and hydrogens are bonded singly.

That's cool thanks, I knew it was wrong someway but just couldn't make it fit.
Ahhhh welll.
Original post by krishkmistry
What's done is done.I didn't do a resit for bio because ill do it next year but yeah however if you didn't read the question carefully,you'd be screwed on today's exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed. There were lots of intricate bits that could trip people up, or at least lead them to make lots of silly mistakes. I reckon they should have given us more time to check really, at least 5 minutes more.
Continued...image.jpgimage.jpg
Original post by hassanakhtaruk
finally been able to upload the paper...so here it is people! Enjoy!

yes thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by MrJiggly
It's cause of "dem people" complaining about A-levels getting easier...

One can't deny a levels are getting easier though

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome :smile:
Original post by hassanakhtaruk
Continued...

You're a life saver! Thanks so much man! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1355
Original post by Ché.
I thought it just had that idiotic verbose part question passage...

I thought the question subsequently followed in the following way: "The student then.... They noticed that...."
Am I wrong!?

Even so, I feel Cyclohexane is for when distinguishing displacement reactions; not necessarily precipitation formation react ions high was clearly stated.

I hope that it is right!
It was only natural! It didn't take long to think of!
If I write something down too fast, it means it definitely is natural!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What your saying is right I think because its when you add an organic solvent and cyclohexane is organic right?
Reply 1356
Original post by _Morsey_
The dative covalent bond is between the Boron and Nitrogen.

NH3 is three bonded pairs (N-H) and a lone pair of electrons. The Lone pair then acts as the dative covalent bond with Boron which is also has three bonded pairs (B-F).

Thats what i did and seemed to work.

Awh thanks, I just re-drew it and yeah it makes sense now.. the beauty of hindsight and all :P
Original post by krishkmistry
One can't deny a levels are getting easier though

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think to a point they were as people were learning the exams rather than the course content, now they vary the exam questions and styling that you have to know your stuff (at least what i've experienced going through past papers and real exams)
Original post by MathsNerd1
You're a life saver! Thanks so much man! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha no problem! :smile: glad to help
Original post by Char-
Awh thanks, I just re-drew it and yeah it makes sense now.. the beauty of hindsight and all :P

I feel the same, somehow messed up a GCSE level question (at the beginning with Potassium). Totally misread the question that there were isotopes of potassium and ended up putting Argon (due to 18 electrons).

Mega screw up of a mark from me :angry:

Latest

Trending

Trending