The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JustaDreamer
Ikr, I wonder how people write so fast :s-smilie:

It's okay though, my friend last year got 35/36 on a one-and-a-half-page comparison :smile:
Original post by JustaDreamer
I still have it for A-level! (well, hopefully) :biggrin:

Haha, hopefully you'll make it out alive! Originally I chose Lit for A level, but that C brought me down to Earth and so I changed it to economics :emo:
In character and voice, who did 'Casehistory Alison(head injury)'
Original post by Mallory
thats a really intelligent interpretation!, wow the examiners are probably going to love reading yours

Thanks, that's a real confidence booster :smile: I was really worried about it! Haha

Original post by paradoxicalme
It's okay though, my friend last year got 35/36 on a one-and-a-half-page comparison

Thank goodness! I was wondering how on earth I could fit in 36 marks in 45 minutes...
It's okay though, my friend last year got 35/36 on a one-and-a-half-page comparison :smile:

That's cool :smile: Yeah quality not quantity :biggrin:
Original post by fbrep2012
In character and voice, who did 'Casehistory Alison(head injury)'

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Original post by Elm Tree
Haha, hopefully you'll make it out alive! Originally I chose Lit for A level, but that C brought me down to Earth and so I changed it to economics :emo:

Lol you make it sound like a battlefield :biggrin: Aww at least you have more chance of success in the future, one of my friends is doing Maths, Further Maths, and Economics. I think I would definitely not make it out alive with all that Maths!
Reply 2747
I can see them working, although how you'd put similarities boggles me.

My friend compared Born Yesterday and THCM O.O.

It just said compare, which I assumed meant that I could just write about differences. In one of my paragraphs I mentioned that a similar idea in S116 and TCHM is that they both accept that time impacts beauty but I only spoke about it briefly.

Will I get penalized for pretty much just talking about differences?
Reply 2748
Original post by Loolar
Did anyone else compare born yesterday to praise song for my mother it's seems like no one else did

i said that different metaphors are used in each to reprisented what wises were granted "you were the moons eye to me"suggests her mum granted and was the wish she guided her through life allowing her future hope I then said in born yesterday that " tightly folded bud shows the man believes he has a long time to grant the child wishes and can grant many as the work "tightly" suggests the flower is yet to open and it's fate is yet to be decided

does this seem right anyone ?

I also spoke of personal pronouns used in the two in born yesteday it was "I and you" while in praise song it was "you and me" I put that this suggest how in born yesterday he is presenting the wishes as very direct towards the chile while in praise song she uses me to show how the wishes her mother granted and made happen have effected herself

i spoke about the structure I f them both aswell saying in born yesterday the first half is split from the second and talks about wht he doesn't wish her to be and in the second he talks of what he wishes her to be I said this shows he's very direct and blunt and by listing he's putting immense pressure on wishes . Compared to in praise song where it's split into four 3 line sections which each focus around a different hope her mother gave her daughter and the enjambent of you were etc... Shows how she expresses the hopes her mum gave her in a lot more detail which suggests they were more meaningful rather than just a list

I'm aiming for a* in this does what I've wrote sound right
Reply 2749
Original post by unique_freak
What did you compare it with? I did Medusa, which seems an odd choice now :s-smilie:
Original post by la-uren
It just said compare, which I assumed meant that I could just write about differences. In one of my paragraphs I mentioned that a similar idea in S116 and TCHM is that they both accept that time impacts beauty but I only spoke about it briefly.

Will I get penalized for pretty much just talking about differences?

If you do it well enough, no.
Original post by ryanb97
i wrote about 7.5 pages with 0.75 page plan for the comaprison
and then about 3.5 ages for the unseen :biggrin:

i referenced and elaborated the curving bit :cheers:

YEP! I said the curving represented the idea (much like in Nettles) that the mother can't see 'around the corner' of her daughter's future and so could be seen to be fearful of what her daughter will face
Reply 2752
Original post by Ryan2159
Hahaha its a bit strange tbh and cheers, hope you did well! Sorry for the late reply, for some reason i haven't noticed the message until now:s-smilie:

Ahh yeah. I did alright, you?
Original post by kavym
What did you compare it with? I did Medusa, which seems an odd choice now :s-smilie:

i get where you are coming from, they both have identity issues
I did checking out me history, seemed like the easiest one to compare it to
Original post by unique_freak

who did you compare casehistory to and what did you right about?
Reply 2755
In te unseen poem I said:

1-)the use of numbers shows how her mums aware of the countdown till her daughter will leave and shows how her mums aware of the little time they have

2-) similar of hair like a hankercheif waving goodbye suggests she understands that although its only similar to a hankercheif now she realises in the future her daughter will be waving goodbye and it will be a metaphor instead

3-) change of personal pronoun from "I" to "you" shows how she understands one day she won't be responsible for her daughters safety and actions and she will hae to depend on herself

4-) i said the enjambent on the last line shows she doesn't want her daughter to go and the fact goodbye was on its own suggests once she leaves just like the memorie in the poem ends all there memories will end in real life and she will have no more to write about

i also said that she was speaking about her daughter as if remenising on a memorie they once shared and how she's sad now it's ended
For the unseen I was saying it could be a funeral "behind her" could be her behind a coffin and tears because she is dying the full stop at the end I said could suggest the hole at which she would be soon buried in also suggested marriage that the two wheels were like the two wedding rings

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE SAY WHETHER TJIS IS REASONABLE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ryan075

Original post by Ryan Mc17

Original post by Ryan2159

Who is number 5??

Only4.jpg
Hey guys im really scared for my conflict exam. I did the question on the 'Hawk Roosting' question but i compared it to 'At the Border 1979' . I think i have compared the poem wrongly as i DID compare the power but i know that 'Flag' would have been easier but i did not think that at the time. Please someone respond and tell me if 'At the Border' could possibly be a poem to compare.:s-smilie::confused:
Original post by fbrep2012
who did you compare casehistory to and what did you right about?

I compared it to checking out me history, talked about the structure and how the stanzas were short and stuff when talking about their previous identities which shows this is no longer their identity and how the stanzas had quite some space in between them to show their was a gap in their new identity they were trying to fill.
Talked about the language of case history how she rejects her former self and feels sadden and inferior to her former self so at the end of the poem she feels like a failure, then i talked about checking out me history and how he too rejects his old identity and at the end of the poem he is victorios, then went into detail about the word 'cow':s how the reference to cow shows that he saw his former identity as plain and the same as everyone elses as cows practically all look the same and an alternative interpretation being that he may be forcing his accent (phonetic language) in order to prove to himself that he is a better person by learning his history when infact the void may still not be filled.. i dno wrote some more crap along with it, wrote l11 pages so cant remember everything haha, wbu?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending