The Student Room Group

AS AQA spanish exam 23rd May - Revision thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
i think i put peleabamos cuz it was over a period of time...i also put son visiten and cuantas. Can remember putting apagar, van a ir/iran, cien also
Original post by emily909
this is all i can remember for the synonyms-can't remember exact wording

encargados-responsables
desribia-expresaba
salteros thing-a llorar thing
aquel momento-esas fechas
actual-presente

eurgh for some reason i put 'escrita' for the describing one, i knew it meant she writes but the order of them all confused me! oh well
did anyone use the se retrato one for the love letter?
I have no idea how they can mark our papers based on "logic". Utterly terrible.
Reply 64
Original post by readingfcgeorge
did anyone use the se retrato one for the love letter?

yeah se retrato tanto-tan tarde
Reply 65
Do you think grade boundaries will be low + what did people get for the writing section where we had to fill in the box with the correct letter?
Reply 66
Original post by azm123
Do you think grade boundaries will be low + what did people get for the writing section where we had to fill in the box with the correct letter?

can remember using besaba cansados inicie tanto suenen
what did you get for the adverts one? i think i used hogar, vinos, jugetes, libros, moda, think there was one other?? (not in that order though)
how much did you guys write for your essay?

how many words do you think there are in 4 sides ?
Hello everyone :smile:

we are on a thread trying to put together an unofficial mark scheme if you wanna join us :smile: Thought it would be best to all get together as I'm struggling remembering what the questions were, lol

Hope we all get the grades we deserve!! Who's taking spanish on next year? Not me! xx

link - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2360807&p=42771247#post42771247
Reply 70
I thought some of the listening and reading questions were very odd and different to other papers, so hopefully the grade boundaries will be low!? Also the essay questions were weird and limiting. For the grammar I got 'son', 'se puso', 'apagar', 'iran', 'peleabamos', 'cuantas', 'cientos'(or something like that), 'infelices'... and then I put 'vuelvo' but I realise now I made a silly mistake, it was 'vuelto'! So annoyed about that! What did everyone else get?
Reply 71
:'-( definitely failed that exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by hermajestyjo
I have no idea how they can mark our papers based on "logic". Utterly terrible.

The questions asked which answer made logical sense i.e that actually answered the question :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay. The listening and grammar were good, hated the reading, and feel like I messed up my essay. All in all, not happy.

Really not looking forward to August 15th now. :P
this is my 3rd time at this paper and that reading was one of the hardest i've done. rest was ok thou. good luck A2 resitters, hope you all get what you need :smile:
Original post by jamesmact
You use 'ser' not 'estar' In this case

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know the exam's over now, but just out of curiosity why would it be 'ser' in this case instead of 'estar'? It might be helpful to know for my upcoming A2 exam! :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by Lingo-Flamingo
I know the exam's over now, but just out of curiosity why would it be 'ser' in this case instead of 'estar'? It might be helpful to know for my upcoming A2 exam! :smile:

For the passive you use ser for permanent things, and estar for temporary things. In that context you needed ser :smile: e.g la tienda esta cerrada .... De todos es sabido que... In the first context, the shop isn't always closed, and in the second, the fact it always known by everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamesmact
For the passive you use ser for permanent things, and estar for temporary things. In that context you needed ser :smile: e.g la tienda esta cerrada .... De todos es sabido que... In the first context, the shop isn't always closed, and in the second, the fact it always known by everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't the state of worry be considered temporary, meaning 'estar' would be used? I assumed it would be the same as 'estar contento' or 'estar enamorado'? All these pesky grammatical rules can be confusing!
Reply 78
Original post by Mabes
I do!

How long do you guys generally spend on the essay? I get through the listening and reading quite quickly so usually have 1h-1.15 for the writing

I always do the grammar question 9 first for five minutes, then a really good essay plan so my essay is basically just there but ready to be written formally and i do that within the hour and spend 30-40 minutes on reading and my remaining time on listening and checking over my essay:biggrin:
Reply 79
Original post by Lingo-Flamingo
Oh, forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't the state of worry be considered temporary, meaning 'estar' would be used? I assumed it would be the same as 'estar contento' or 'estar enamorado'? All these pesky grammatical rules can be confusing!

Yes it's the estar for those as they are actual phrases using estar. 'Contento' is an adjective as opposed to a past participle :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending