The Student Room Group

Official WJEC English Literature GCSE Exams - 20th and 23rd May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
I loved the how far do you agree

After doing 32 mark essays for history about "to what extent..." I.think I answered it fairly well

The thing is, I love doing questions like that for History, RE, etc, but I guess it just threw me because I wasn't expecting one for English.
Reply 161
Original post by Red Fox
I did it. I bloody despise Piggy:biggrin:. The extract was easy I thought.

I knew I wasn't the only one! I talked about the deaths of Piggy and Simon and moved on to the big allegory of the novel. I mainly focused on that weird realisation when you realise that our world is as bad as the island.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 162
Original post by FireDwarf
I did the actor one and actually found it pretty good.

Just mention what Alferi does and feels, etc; feels that you should settle for half. Then just add, the actor should demonstrate that Alferi feels that charcters should settle for half to prevent suffering etc. I thought it wasnt too bad, I had more to say on Alferi then the B and Eddie anyway :smile:

Yeah I done the Alfieri one aswell I found it so much easier as you can say that he was a chorus,a bridge, the theme of justice and also relate him to a Greek play or something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 163
Original post by Krollo
I knew I wasn't the only one! I talked about the deaths of Piggy and Simon and moved on to the big allegory of the novel. I mainly focused on that weird realisation when you realise that our world is as bad as the island.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty much the same as I did and I just shoved a load of historical context in there.
Original post by merlynct
Yeah didn't have too much to say on the about a boy extract, but had too much to say for the inspector calls extract, I opted for the Inspecter Goole question and the marcus empathy, don't know how it went, if I had known the themes of about a boy bettter i would definitely have done the friendship essay, but was left with no choice really.

Fair enough:redface:

Inspector calls extract I cut down all into a page!

Aah, that sucks! I didn't know anything so sid the themes
Original post by AbathaZoe
The thing is, I love doing questions like that for History, RE, etc, but I guess it just threw me because I wasn't expecting one for English.

I improvised with it :colone: I couldn't expect anything anyway
Reply 165
Original post by emilialucy
The Piggy question was a dream!

Yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 166
I didn't like the extract question on the LoTF bit though, they could of got a better page for jack because he has mic more interesting pages in that novel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 167
Original post by JF2013
Yeah I done the Alfieri one aswell I found it so much easier as you can say that he was a chorus,a bridge, the theme of justice and also relate him to a Greek play or something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed! I mentioned;

* How the actor needs to show that he is both respected and feared by the Italian community
* How he understands Eddie but has to inform him that the law is not intrsted
* That he understands the limits of the law ("only god makes justice") and that sometimes the law needs to be broken to uphold justice.
* That he knows there's other times of justice eg natural justice
* He allows the charcters to develop, displaying Eddie to be a regular guy, so it makes it more dramatic later on.
* How its better to settle for half rather then achieve full vindication

Sound about right? Think I wrote a bit more, but I cant remember it all!
* How he knows that its better to settle for half
Original post by user4600
How much percentage wise was A View from the Bridge and A christmas Carol worth?
Thanks

Overall it was 40% of English literature!
Reply 169
Original post by Jlendon
Did anyone do never let me go ?

I did! Quite happy with the extract question as it's one of my favourite parts of the book and I did the Tommy question. Overall reasonably nice questions, not the best I've ever written but think it was alright. What did you think?
20% each.

Whole thing is out of 68 (unit 2b)

AVFTB: 34 marks
ACC: 34 marks
Reply 171
Original post by cannonball.
20% each.

Whole thing is out of 68 (unit 2b)

AVFTB: 34 marks
ACC: 34 marks

Thanks! So;
A view from the bridge 20%
A christmas carol 20%
Richard III 25%
Of mice and men 15%

Whats the other 20%? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone do for the Inspector question? I talked about how he's authoritative, controlling and manipulating, referred to being Priestley's mouthpiece-linked with social responsibility ect. And for About A Boy friendship question I did about a page on friendship, a page on mental health and half on loneliness (small hand writing) how did everyone find it??:smile:
Unit 1:

OMAM: 30/50 marks and this is 35%, so OMAM is 21%

Poetry: 14%

20% AVFTB

20% poetry

That makes it 75%

25% coursework

:smile:
Original post by Red Fox
Pretty much the same as I did and I just shoved a load of historical context in there.

I basically just talked about:
1) him being an outcast (assmar/fatty/dialetc)
2) no one listens to him
3) about him being the pig (sow)
4) his death - significance
5) conclusion - manly talked about the different ideologies, put in a bit about the war and the fact that the strong oppress and overpower the weak,
Reply 175
Original post by Pain room
I did! Quite happy with the extract question as it's one of my favourite parts of the book and I did the Tommy question. Overall reasonably nice questions, not the best I've ever written but think it was alright. What did you think?

I loved the extract ! So happy a mood and atmosphere came up gave me about ten extra minutes for the 20 marker ! I did the friendship question , mine seemed to be jumping everywhere ! Not the best but probably be fine if I get full marks on the extract.
Reply 176
Ok so far in English Lit I have:
36/40 - 25% Richard III
26/30 - 21% Of mice and men
38/50 - 14% Exam poetry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 177
^^^ there all A's
Think exam yesterday could of gone better but I have 100/120 so far..
Does anyone know rough grade boundaries of Wjec? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 178
Original post by emilialucy
I basically just talked about:
1) him being an outcast (assmar/fatty/dialetc)
2) no one listens to him
3) about him being the pig (sow)
4) his death - significance
5) conclusion - manly talked about the different ideologies, put in a bit about the war and the fact that the strong oppress and overpower the weak,

We were talking about the "terrifying" question not Piggy:tongue:
Reply 179
This may be a silly question but how many pages was the booklet again? As it said at the front but I've forgotten. Insignificant but was wondering as I had to go onto my second booklet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending