The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2460
Original post by MathsNerd1
Its better if you get some sleep and rest now as you don't want to be tired for your exam. Also if you find something you can't do now then it'll just stress you out so its best if you don't do anymore, just have a look at the proof before you go in and best of luck for tomorrow, you'll ace it! :biggrin:

Yeah but im to hyped to sleep :colondollar: Ima do a couple of questions then sleep and i'll wake up at half 6 :biggrin: and do a pre-exam exam
Thank you!! :biggrin: D/w im not the type to stress out :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz
Yeah but im to hyped to sleep :colondollar: Ima do a couple of questions then sleep and i'll wake up at half 6 :biggrin: and do a pre-exam exam
Thank you!! :biggrin: D/w im not the type to stress out :wink:

Fair enough then and I should be up at that time as well :tongue: And that's good to hear, I always go into my exams relaxed as you possibly can be, but it changes if I find more than 1 question I can't do straightaway, still aiming for the 100's though :biggrin:
Reply 2462
Fair enough then and I should be up at that time as well :tongue: And that's good to hear, I always go into my exams relaxed as you possibly can be, but it changes if I find more than 1 question I can't do straightaway, still aiming for the 100's though :biggrin:

Cool, I dunno if i'll be on here (probably will be though) Haha good luck for your exams! Nahh.. I aim for everything correct but I am content with 60+

Music before exam :music:

Do you know whether there's ever been an 1800?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2464
What is the Area of a Segment?
Original post by tigerz
Cool, I dunno if i'll be on here (probably will be though) Haha good luck for your exams! Nahh.. I aim for everything correct but I am content with 60+

Music before exam :music:

Thanks but I've still got some time for my 9 remaining ones, so it should all be good :tongue: And yeah that was me last year and now I won't accept anything less than two A*'s in both Maths and Further Maths, I've also been told that I've been nominated for outstanding achievement in the subject and I'll get a subject award for Further Maths too at my school :tongue: Also who doesn't love a good bit of music, if only we could listen to it during the actual exams it would help me concentrate more :biggrin:
Original post by reubenkinara
Do you know whether there's ether been an 1800?

Not from my area.
Reply 2467
Oh btw, whenever the question asks to prove whether fx is increasing/ decreasing you just differentiate and then sub in x right...

If there's a +ive grad-f(x) increasing for all values and if -ve then f(x) is decreasing for all values of x!
Not from my area.

I see. 1200 or 1500 perhaps?
Original post by tigerz
Oh btw, whenever the question asks to prove whether fx is increasing/ decreasing you just differentiate and then sub in x right...

If there's a +ive grad-f(x) increasing for all values and if -ve then f(x) is decreasing for all values of x!

That's how I do it and how would you show a maximum or minimum point?
I see. 1200 or 1500 perhaps?

In my area the highest will probably be 1100/1200 I believe.
Reply 2471
Thanks but I've still got some time for my 9 remaining ones, so it should all be good :tongue: And yeah that was me last year and now I won't accept anything less than two A*'s in both Maths and Further Maths, I've also been told that I've been nominated for outstanding achievement in the subject and I'll get a subject award for Further Maths too at my school :tongue: Also who doesn't love a good bit of music, if only we could listen to it during the actual exams it would help me concentrate more :biggrin:

Oh wow! congratz! I actually got y12 maths award this year, but apart from that all my prizes are never for academics!
Ahh thats cool, WOW 9! I have 3, 2 after tomorrow! Good luck,you'll be fine I actually might try for A* in maths next year, we shall see...

Not gonna lie, I would ace exams with music! especially maths
Reply 2472
dy/dx=o at stationary, max, min, turning points etc hehe :smile:

You get 2nd derivative , sub in x and if its less than 0 max and more than 0 its a min
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz
dy/dx=o at stationary, max, min, turning points etc hehe :smile:

You get 2nd derivative , sub in x and if its less than 0 max and more than 0 its a min

That's all correct :smile:
In my area the highest will probably be 1100/1200 I believe.

I see. Still impressive :smile:.
Well goodnight and good luck if you have C2 or S2 or anything tomorrow :smile:
Original post by tigerz
Oh wow! congratz! I actually got y12 maths award this year, but apart from that all my prizes are never for academics!
Ahh thats cool, WOW 9! I have 3, 2 after tomorrow! Good luck,you'll be fine I actually might try for A* in maths next year, we shall see...

I got an English award in year 11 :nothing: they gave the maths award to someone else...

Never forgave them for that :colonhash:
Reply 2476
That's all correct :smile:

Hehe :smile: I said it in a very compact way

Original post by justinawe
I got an English award in year 11 :nothing: they gave the maths award to someone else...

Never forgave them for that :colonhash:

Awwhh, I didn't get it for achievement really, it was more for 'effort' or w/e but ahh wells, the award wasn't good enough for you :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz

Very nice! It feels good because I've been getting 100% in my C4 and latest M2 mock too! FP2 is still getting there but it's also at 95% which isn't that bad for this far away :tongue: And yeah I've went for a crazy amount of exams to get into my chosen university and thanks, I know the Maths ones should be okay but the Chemistry ones will be down to the day really :-/ I also found out that the awards evening is the night that I've had 6 hours of Maths exams during the daytime -.- And the way I see it is always aim for the best and then you settle for A's and so on :tongue: Agreed!
Original post by tigerz
Hehe :smile: I said it in a very compact way

Awwhh, I didn't get it for achievement really, it was more for 'effort' or w/e but ahh wells, the award wasn't good enough for you :wink:

That's true but it shows you know all the main parts which is good :smile:
I see. Still impressive :smile:.
Well goodnight and good luck if you have C2 or S2 or anything tomorrow :smile:

I want to beat it! And thanks but I haven't got any tomorrow, otherwise I'd already be asleep if I did :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending