The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
C3 - Lets see what you got :mmm:

Best of luck, you'll ace it!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2501
Original post by MathsNerd1
I'm not actually sure, I never really heard about papers being replaced until last June when they had to replace the C4 paper and I remember reading it in the news somewhere.

It's a shame we can't use the ones we won't sit as mocks as that'd give us some more practice, oh well we shall still go and smash them anyway! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah, its a bit of a waste of a paper, then again both papers probably have similar formats so it would give it away?
Original post by justinawe
I dislike easy papers :colonhash: they result in high grade boundaries, meaning silly mistakes could lose me a **** ton of UMS!

Thats what happened in C1 I guess :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tigerz
Oh yeah, its a bit of a waste of a paper, then again both papers probably have similar formats so it would give it away?

Yeah, that's got to be the reason otherwise it wouldn't make much sense not letting us know what was in the original, oh well I'm just hoping no one has been hellish with the M2 paper as I need it to be 91+ to obtain my A* in Further Maths and right now that is the one I'm concerned about the most, the rest I find pretty simple in comparison, just need to fully grasp the M2 content.

Anyway you should probably focus on C2 considering its today :tongue: Are you feeling confident about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2504
Yeah, that's got to be the reason otherwise it wouldn't make much sense not letting us know what was in the original, oh well I'm just hoping no one has been hellish with the M2 paper as I need it to be 91+ to obtain my A* in Further Maths and right now that is the one I'm concerned about the most, the rest I find pretty simple in comparison, just need to fully grasp the M2 content.

Anyway you should probably focus on C2 considering its today :tongue: Are you feeling confident about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doing a past paper as we speak :P Ahh get some lovely revision done and you'll get the grade! :biggrin:
Hahaha its at 9 :O, I guess I am, I've prepared enough so not too fussed, I should be alright :smile:

I'm actually feeling hyped up about the exam LOOL
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz
Doing a past paper as we speak :P Ahh get some lovely revision done and you'll get the grade! :biggrin:
Hahaha its at 9 :O, I guess I am, I've prepared enough so not too fussed, I should be alright :smile:

Very nice! I'll probably just do a bit more Chemistry today and leave the 15 Maths papers I've been set for the half term :tongue:

And that's good to hear, just remain calm and take your time to answer your questions so you don't make a mistake, but fast enough that you actually answer them all, it's the worst feeling when you've ram out of time in an exam and you didn't answer all the questions.

You'll have to let us know how it goes, but not before tomorrow I believe. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Best of luck, you'll ace it!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hope so! :frown:

Question... If they ask you to show hh(x) = x where h(x) is a function.

And then ask you to find f^-1(x) and you don't just swap the numerator and denominator... And you re arrange (even though it says, "hence") would you get marks?:dontknow:
Reply 2507
Very nice! I'll probably just do a bit more Chemistry today and leave the 15 Maths papers I've been set for the half term :tongue:

And that's good to hear, just remain calm and take your time to answer your questions so you don't make a mistake, but fast enough that you actually answer them all, it's the worst feeling when you've ram out of time in an exam and you didn't answer all the questions.

You'll have to let us know how it goes, but not before tomorrow I believe. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, I need to remember to have calc in right mode, and yeah if I say any question that requires time I just skip and come back so usually time isn't a problem!

Haha thank you and yup, I shall post at 12am! Im gonna start revising chem tonight
I really hope so! :frown:

Question... If they ask you to show hh(x) = x where h(x) is a function.

And then ask you to find f^-1(x) and you don't just swap the numerator and denominator... And you re arrange (even though it says, "hence") would you get marks?:dontknow:

Hmm I'm not too sure I've been asked about that, sorry :-/ Whenever I'm trying to find the inverse I always change my variables and rearrange to make one of them the subject of the formula then I swap the variables at the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm I'm not too sure I've been asked about that, sorry :-/ Whenever I'm trying to find the inverse I always change my variables and rearrange to make one of them the subject of the formula then I swap the variables at the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, no worries:smile:

I don't know what can completely throw me off :s-smilie:
Original post by tigerz
Yup, I need to remember to have calc in right mode, and yeah if I say any question that requires time I just skip and come back so usually time isn't a problem!

Haha thank you and yup, I shall post at 12am! Im gonna start revising chem tonight

That always helps :tongue: And yeah I do the exact same thing in my exams and they seem to work quite nicely for me and I should still up at that time but I might've gone up as the last 4 weeks of only having 5 hours of sleep each night is starting to take some effect :-/

Are you doing OCR A Chemistry, if so good luck with the second unit as its a big one, the only one I decided not to resit as it was too large to learn in the 1 and a half months that I've had :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay, no worries:smile:

I don't know what can completely throw me off :s-smilie:

Well I'm not sure what's in WJEC C3 compared to Edexcel so I'm not really able to help you :-/ I'm sure you'll know of any weaknesses that you might have by now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I'm not sure what's in WJEC C3 compared to Edexcel so I'm not really able to help you :-/ I'm sure you'll know of any weaknesses that you might have by now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Functions probably :tongue:

I sometimes get the domain in the wrong order eg...

(-3, -2) instead of (-2, -3)
Reply 2513
That always helps :tongue: And yeah I do the exact same thing in my exams and they seem to work quite nicely for me and I should still up at that time but I might've gone up as the last 4 weeks of only having 5 hours of sleep each night is starting to take some effect :-/

Are you doing OCR A Chemistry, if so good luck with the second unit as its a big one, the only one I decided not to resit as it was too large to learn in the 1 and a half months that I've had :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha awwh, im nocturnal so its alright, OCR B but its worth half my AS! Yeah defo, im gonna do a whole week of just that exam though :smile:
Hehe i'm gonna leave now so bye! :biggrin:
I have s1 in an hour... Good luck everyone with your exams xD

Kind of nervous even though I've done a lot of revision...

I tend to lose marks because I don't read the question properly... Something I'm going to need to make sure I do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Going to C2 now.:goodluck:
Functions probably :tongue:

I sometimes get the domain in the wrong order eg...

(-3, -2) instead of (-2, -3)

I see, that's what would catch me out in C3, not the normal domain and range but when you've got to do the inverse you would swap the two around, that seems to be difficult to me :-/ Do you understand where you're going wrong and how you can fix it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MAyman12
Going to C2 now.:goodluck:

Best of luck!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I see, that's what would catch me out in C3, not the normal domain and range but when you've got to do the inverse you would swap the two around, that seems to be difficult to me :-/ Do you understand where you're going wrong and how you can fix it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope! I thought logic would say the lower value first, but I guess not :redface: I'll do them respectively :mmm:

Anyway. I'll be off now :biggrin:
Original post by ScarlettFierce
I have s1 in an hour... Good luck everyone with your exams xD

Kind of nervous even though I've done a lot of revision...

I tend to lose marks because I don't read the question properly... Something I'm going to need to make sure I do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! Just take your time and it should pay off in the end when you get the grade you want :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile