The Student Room Group

Edexcel - Chemistry Unit 2 - 4 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by rachaelGodchild
prffffffff.......I neeeeeeeeeed help with unit 4 pls any 1

Yup you can post your questions in here if you want :smile:

I think there is a unit 4 thread (quite a few actually :tongue: ), but they are all pretty much inactive !

...hopefully that will change over the next week :smile:
Original post by posthumus
Yup you can post your questions in here if you want :smile:

I think there is a unit 4 thread (quite a few actually :tongue: ), but they are all pretty much inactive !

...hopefully that will change over the next week :smile:

ok thank you! I had sugrey, I missed almostunit 4 lesson, and now im so depressed dnt even knw where to strt frm, I got A in as, and I was just thnkin is it still possible to gt at lest c in u4, in just 2 weeks....:frown:
I have no idea what unit 4 is about , and I need c overall in chem! L:frown:
Reply 163
Original post by rachaelGodchild
ok thank you! I had sugrey, I missed almostunit 4 lesson, and now im so depressed dnt even knw where to strt frm, I got A in as, and I was just thnkin is it still possible to gt at lest c in u4, in just 2 weeks....:frown:

I'm sorry to hear that :frown:

but well done ! A is really good at AS... I got a C :colondollar: And in the last 2 exams I've gotten a D :tongue: achieving a C with 2 weeks prep will be very possible... in-fact aim for B/A !!!

Stay positive! :smile:
I'm sorry to hear that :frown:

but well done ! A is really good at AS... I got a C :colondollar: And in the last 2 exams I've gotten a D :tongue: achieving a C with 2 weeks prep will be very possible... in-fact aim for B/A !!!

Stay positive! :smile:

thank u, but I retook it in jan dats y is a, it was c too lol...but I know absolutely notin lool, im jus lost, my teachr sed I will gt uuuuuu ...nd studyin it in two week myt even b okkk, if It was d only exam im preparing for
Is it just me or has the Unit 5 thread been locked ? :s-smilie:

To stop people talking about Unit 1's exam before the appropriate elapsed time in other Edexcel Exam threads :smile:
Reply 166
Original post by Mollymod
To stop people talking about Unit 1's exam before the appropriate elapsed time in other Edexcel Exam threads :smile:

It was locked or something 4 days ago, but only for a couple of hours :redface:

How'd you find unit 1 ? :smile:
It was locked or something 4 days ago, but only for a couple of hours :redface:

How'd you find unit 1 ? :smile:

I would like to answer that, but I have already been given 10 points for saying how I felt it went.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cattey watty
I would like to answer that, but I have already been given 10 points for saying how I felt it went.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe you're allowed to discuss it now given 24 hours has elapsed.
Reply 169
I thought it was great until i found out that i had to times the enthalpy change of HCl twice.. so thats like 5 or 6 marks gone already.. as the question after that depended on that final answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jayqwe
I thought it was great until i found out that i had to times the enthalpy change of HCl twice.. so thats like 5 or 6 marks gone already.. as the question after that depended on that final answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't fret about it - if the question is long and later questions rely on specific calculations already made, mark schemes generally allow a TE element or 'error carried forward', where as long as you apply the figure you obtained correctly you can achieve marks for it.
how did everyone find chem unit 1?
I thought a lot of it was very weird, the 3 ionisation energy questions in a row which the last 2 had the same answer, the geography question and the question on cooking! It I think it was slightly better than the January.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pineapple78
how did everyone find chem unit 1?

A poor attempt in trying to make unit 1 paper different...all it did was hire some questions from geography and cooking :biggrin:
Haha lol i loved the cooking question. I was like yes free marks. Was good overall. My teacher has the paper n i cnt see a mistaken anywhere apart from my cracking of dodecane drawing lol.
Nervous for unit 2. Do u guys have any good notes. Please post it up as i relii need it.

Hw did every1 else find unit 1
Any guesses on grade boundary for full UMS?
:smile:
How did everyone find unit 1? I know I got the apparatus drawing wrong (I'd never been taught it) and the first MCQ about the negative enthalpy really threw me off any help? :smile:
Original post by some student
How did everyone find unit 1? I know I got the apparatus drawing wrong (I'd never been taught it) and the first MCQ about the negative enthalpy really threw me off any help? :smile:

I looked at the paper yesterday (I didn't sit the paper, I saw it after everyone was done) and didn't see the MCQs, do you have a copy? I may be able to help if you have the questions.
Original post by HarryMWilliams
I looked at the paper yesterday (I didn't sit the paper, I saw it after everyone was done) and didn't see the MCQs, do you have a copy? I may be able to help if you have the questions.

I don't have the paper, but this MCQ was "which of these enthalpy changes is negative? A) formation of Li2O B) 1st Ionisation energy of Li C) 1st electron affinity of O D) 2nd electron affinity of O.
I wasn't sure if the answer was C or D, and I put D in the end but I think it's wrong. Thanks!
Original post by some student
I don't have the paper, but this MCQ was "which of these enthalpy changes is negative? A) formation of Li2O B) 1st Ionisation energy of Li C) 1st electron affinity of O D) 2nd electron affinity of O.
I wasn't sure if the answer was C or D, and I put D in the end but I think it's wrong. Thanks!

Nope, I think you have it correct with D. :smile:
Reply 179
I can't believe it, to get an A* you need 270ums out of the 300ums for A2..that is mission impossible, your only allowed to miss 30ums ?? seriously ??

thank God my practical went well, hopefully I will pick up on all the 60ums, but still got another 210 ums that I need to get to qualify for the A*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending