The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superxo2
What are the general grade boundaries for S1?

jan 13 was 57/72 for an A
june 12 was 54/72 for an A
jan 12 was 57/72 for an A..
How were you supposed to go about the question asking for an estimate of the probablity of a male child being heavier than a female child in a random sample of 2 or something? Had absolutely no idea...
Original post by Kcash
What did everyone get for the hypothesis question?

do not reject the null hypothesis i think i put:redface:
Reply 163
I've got a feeling I did the hypothesis testing one wrong :frown: can anyone remember if it said 13 out of the 20? I think it did, if it did I did it wrong cause I worked out 1-P(X<13) should have done 12, if it said 13 in the question anyway?
Original post by gadget
I've got a feeling I did the hypothesis testing one wrong :frown: can anyone remember if it said 13 out of the 20? I think it did, if it did I did it wrong cause I worked out 1-P(X<13) should have done 12, if it said 13 in the question anyway?

I think it did say 13 out of the 20, I did 1-P(X<12) but i'm not sure whether that's right:s-smilie:
Reply 165
yeah thats what I though :frown:, yeah what you did is right. It so annoying that I realised when i got out the exam! Oh well I got the same answer so should get method marks
I liked that paper! I rejected the null hypothesis as I got like 0.13 or something which was bigger than 0.05
Original post by Mo_maths
yh it was 0.0056.. something around that

0.0056245 I think and then round to 3sf.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 168
Original post by tumblrgirl
I think it did say 13 out of the 20, I did 1-P(X<12) but i'm not sure whether that's right:s-smilie:

Yeah that's right I think, I did the same. Did all the question and correct final explanation but I remember I but down reject h0 instead of h1. Do you think I'll still get at least 4/5 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DarkWillow
I liked that paper! I rejected the null hypothesis as I got like 0.13 or something which was bigger than 0.05

I accepted the null hypothesis!
Why is everyone rejecting it?!
I'm confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marviiada
Yeah that's right I think, I did the same. Did all the question and correct final explanation but I remember I but down reject h0 instead of h1. Do you think I'll still get at least 4/5 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you probably should get 4/5 because you did everything else right:redface:
I got 0.12 something :'/
Original post by wrightster29
How were you supposed to go about the question asking for an estimate of the probablity of a male child being heavier than a female child in a random sample of 2 or something? Had absolutely no idea...

I think it was because there were 9/200 that had a weight heavier than the highest females weight, so 9/200 * 8/199 as you needed to pick two :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mo_maths
REJECT AlTERNATE

At least someone got the same as me!

Everyone is saying the opposite :frown:

I don't understand why though because 15 was the critical value was it not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gadget
yeah thats what I though :frown:, yeah what you did is right. It so annoying that I realised when i got out the exam! Oh well I got the same answer so should get method marks

I did this also, and got 1=0.8684 & got 0.1316, so I rejected the null hypothesis as 0.1316 > 0.05
:frown: Is that wrong :frown:
I did this also, and got 1=0.8684 & got 0.1316, so I rejected the null hypothesis as 0.1316 > 0.05
:frown: Is that wrong :frown:

Personally I put accept null hypothesis as the critical value was 15 and so 13 did not lie in the critical region.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is Null hypothesis Ho or H1?
As I rejected H1, and accepted H0, her original idea that people were guessing
Reply 177
Did anyone else get confused by what the last part of the last question wanted? correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it said
"If *** hits the bulls eye in her first three throws she will not take her remaining 3 throws, but if not she will take all six throws"
I took that to mean she only doesn't take the last 3 throws if she hits bulls eyes in all of her first three throws?
I might be wrong, but that question seemed to be worded really ambiguously? Might they give me some marks since I got the maths right, just didn't understand what they wanted.
(edited 10 years ago)
Is Null hypothesis Ho or H1?
As I rejected H1, and accepted H0, her original idea that people were guessing

opposite to what u put
for the hypothesis testing: as 13/20 guessed correctly

P(X≥13) = 1-P(X≤12) =0.13.. (something)

0.13>sig level

so accept null hypothesis

should be like that^ :/

Latest

Trending