The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tigerz
Me, You, C2 talk, 12AM :wink: LOOL i'm messing yeah you gotta wait :s-smilie:

]

Trust cost me my A* at gcse loool, nah it was a bit like differentiation in C2, where you have to find an expression and then show that it equals another equation, usually with pyramids and cylinders!

Back then I did not have this brain hahaha, so I couldn't do it

GCSE maths? I think I learned the whole syllabus for that during the weekend before year 10 started :holmes:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Don't internationals get a different paper now?

Only for those of us taking the paper significantly earlier than the UK. The current midnight rule is for those taking it later than the UK.

I'm not sure if people taking the international paper can start discussion early :dontknow:
Original post by justinawe
GCSE maths? I think I learned the whole syllabus for that during the weekend before year 10 started :holmes:

hehe, you're on a totally different level :colone:
Note that they said OD:OB = 1:4, NOT OD: DB = 1:4.

OD is 1/4 of OB, which is the WHOLE line.

oh..ok .. i get that ... :biggrin:

thanks

time to go to school for the exam :biggrin:

ryan
Original post by tigerz
Me, You, C2 talk, 12AM :wink: LOOL i'm messing yeah you gotta wait :s-smilie:

Hopefully, it's not two papers like M1. One for the International students (me) and one for british students:tongue:
Original post by MAyman12
Hopefully, it's not two papers like M1. One for the International students (me) and one for british students:tongue:

If you got an international paper for M1, you're getting international papers for them all :tongue:
Reply 2546

Haha, okay okay mister amazing :P Yeah I didn't look at the spec :s I didn't even know specs existed then LOL (clueless Pie)
I didn't start revising till mid year 10, until then I always got good grades whether I worked or not, so I wasn't really preparer!
Now I obviously know that my laptop can teach me everything LOOL whether I have a good teach or not

as a really quick question

how would you do the very last part of this question?

lll.jpg
(edited 10 years ago)
Don't internationals get a different paper now?

Yes. But I got the "home paper" one.
Original post by tigerz
Haha, okay okay mister amazing :P Yeah I didn't look at the spec :s I didn't even know specs existed then LOL (clueless Pie)
I didn't start revising till mid year 10, until then I always got good grades whether I worked or not, so I wasn't really preparer!
Now I obviously know that my laptop can teach me everything LOOL whether I have a good teach or not

I did my GCSE maths last week, and I don't know how to find The lowest common multiple and Highest common factor:tongue:
I can't wait till midnight to discuss, looks like I'll stay up, seeing as Arsey was pronto last time he uploaded the solutions.

Are you guys who did the edexcel exam too gonna stay up?
Original post by James A
I can't wait till midnight to discuss, looks like I'll stay up, seeing as Arsey was pronto last time he uploaded the solutions.

Yes, but it's not worth it, as I'm pretty sure about my answers except one little question.:biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2552
I did my GCSE maths last week, and I don't know how to find The lowest common multiple and Highest common factor:tongue:

Oh wow, so you did a gcse and a levels in maths together basically thats coooool, I didn't even know they existed, so there are dif papers for some of the international students
You know one mistake I always made, 2+3=6 and 2*3=5 I DON'T KNOW WHY! Hahaha I wen't through my paper and corrected it but it just happens :s-smilie:

Original post by James A

YES 100% I have a specific reason why but i'll say it at midnight :smile: haha last time I couldn't sleep and woke up at 4am and ended up checking s1
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz
Oh wow, so you did a gcse and a levels in maths together basically thats coooool, I didn't even know they existed, so there are dif papers for some of the international students
You know one mistake I always made, 2+3=6 and 2*3=5 I DON'T KNOW WHY! Hahaha I wen't through my paper and corrected it but it just happens :s-smilie:

I almost did a similar mistake today in C2:redface: I find 7*8 the hardest thing ever:confused:
Original post by ryanb97
as a really quick question

how would you do the very last part of this question?

lll.jpg

The sphere touches all the faces, so they are tangents to it, as such.

You'll find it simpler if you look at it in a 2D perspective:

Spoiler

x would be the angle you found in part (d).
Reply 2555
I almost did a similar mistake today in C2:redface: I find 7*8 the hardest thing ever:confused:

LOL yeah, me to :confused: I do it but I usually end up doing 6*8 and adding or 8 or 7*7 and then adding 7, It doesn't come naturally

Original post by tigerz
LOL yeah, me to :confused: I do it but I usually end up doing 6*8 and adding or 8 or 7*7 and then adding 7, It doesn't come naturally

Did you not learn mental arithmetic in like year 2? :tongue:

Calculator? No? :tongue:
Did you not learn mental arithmetic in like year 2? :tongue:

I'm actually quite good at mental maths. But there's something mystical about 8*7. I think they discussed it for 30 seconds on numberphile.
Calculator? No? :tongue:

C1. I even make mistakes while typing on the calculator:tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending