The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2560
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Did you not learn mental arithmetic in like year 2? :tongue:

LOL, I dunno I think i'm a walking oxymoron, I is a smart retard :P

haha same with the calculator mistakes, I have to type the trapezium rule about 5 times to make sure its right!

:colondollar:
Original post by MAyman12
C1. I even make mistakes while typing on the calculator:tongue:

You said in C2, though :lol:

Surely you know 8*8, though, so just subtract 8 from that :wink:
Original post by justinawe
You said in C2, though :lol:

Surely you know 8*8, though, so just subtract 8 from that :wink:

My C2 mistakes was 10/5=5:tongue: 8*7 is a general problem.
Original post by tigerz
LOL, I dunno I think i'm a walking oxymoron, I is a smart retard :P

haha same with the calculator mistakes, I have to type the trapezium rule about 5 times to make sure its right!

:colondollar:

Trapezium rule is soooo long! :sigh:
I liked where you had to integrate by parts :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2564
I liked the question where you had to integrate by parts :wink:

Its an easy 4+ marks though!, and shhh edit your post :wink:
Original post by tigerz
Its an easy 4+ marks, and shhh edit your post :wink:

Anyone reading my post knows that Integration by Parts is a specific C4 topic, so we can't be talking about C2 now :wink:
Reply 2566
Anyone reading my post knows that Integration by Parts is a specific C4 topic, so we can't be talking about C2 now :wink:

Ahh I see :smile:, apart from flops like me, I really need to start reading specs and syllabuses

YAY so is differentiation and integration in all the cores? Love them topics
I liked where you had to integrate by parts :wink:

I don't know what integrating by parts mean but I know what question you're talking about and I didn't do it the same way like you but got the right answer in the end.:redface:

Checked it with the calculator:cool:
(edited 10 years ago)
I don't know what integrating by parts mean but I know what question you're talking about and I didn't do it the same way like you but got the right answer in the end.:redface:

Haven't you done C4? :redface:. It's were you have to split trigs functions into separate bits and integrate them separately.
Original post by tigerz
Ahh I see :smile:, apart from flops like me, I really need to start reading specs and syllabuses

YAY so is differentiation and integration in all the cores? Love them topics

Ahuh, although C3 has only differentiation, but that's made up by C4 which is mostly just integration :tongue:.

They pop-up in S2 as well if you're doing that next year :wink2:
Reply 2570
Ahuh, although C3 has only differentiation, but that's made up by C4 which is mostly just integration :tongue:.

They pop-up in S2 as well if you're doing that next year :wink2:

YAAAY! I'm excited now lols, yup doing c3, c4 and s2 next year :smile: I'm just gonna get a head start on a2 differentiation and integration in autumn then (summers too busy!)
Haven't you done C4? :redface:. It's were you have to split trigs functions into separate bits and integrate them separately.

No. I've only done C1, C2 and M1.:s-smilie:

You've done C4? :colonhash:
No. I've only done C1, C2 and M1.:s-smilie:

I meant as in learnt it not sat the exam :tongue: (if you haven't sorry I must be confusing you with another year 11)
(edited 10 years ago)
Just wanted to thank nearly everyone on here for helping me with my maths over the past months.The AS level is now complete - I think C1 went great,C2 went bad but I'm hoping I'm wrong and S1 today went alright,but I could've done a lot better - Hoping for ABC in the three exams so I can get an aw - pending UMS is high enough.This thread made me confident that I can do maths.Thank you so much and good luck to everyone on the uni places and especially on results day :smile: :smile: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tigerz
YAAAY! I'm excited now lols, yup doing c3, c4 and s2 next year :smile: I'm just gonna get a head start on a2 differentiation and integration in autumn then (summers too busy!)

There's no need! Exams won't be until June :lol:
You've done C4? :colonhash:

Not officially :colonhash:
Reply 2577
There's no need! Exams won't be until June :lol:

I know but after January time goes too quick, besides i'm saying this now but ima end up procrastinating, so I gotta get a headstart this time haha, last year I said I'd start learning a levels after my gcses, it DID NOT HAPPEN! lmao
Original post by tigerz
I know but after January time goes too quick, besides i'm saying this now but ima end up procrastinating, so I gotta get a headstart this time haha, last year I said I'd start learning a levels after my gcses, it DID NOT HAPPEN! lmao

I hope I don't get too lazy to start STEP prep... you can sort of get away with it for A-levels, but I'd be properly ****ed if I didn't practice for STEP :/
Reply 2579
I hope I don't get too lazy to start STEP prep... you can sort of get away with it for A-levels, but I'd be properly ****ed if I didn't practice for STEP :/

Hahah :P yeah, I'm planning on sorting out several work related things as soon as exams finish whilst i'm still in 'revision mode'!
awwh :smile: mhmm looking at uni's and stuff is part of the list, I dunno if I need to do STEP etc (I think I would fail it anyways LOL) so I've gotta find out...Good luck for that :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending