The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by krishkmistry
Did we all accept h0 for the hypothesis test ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did. I got P(x>=13)=0.1316>0.05 so reject H0. Did you get that or did you do the critical region method?
Reply 361
Original post by Mahinder
so for question 3 i did

x-b(50, 0.1)
p(x=5)
= 50c5 x0.1^5 x 0.9^45

ii)
x-b(20,0.1)
p(x>=1)=1-p(x<=0) = 0.874

then it was expectation question i think so it was 48 x 0.874

i wrote this bit and the answer for the first part but do you definetly lose marks if you don't write: 50c5 x0.1^5 x 0.9^45
Original post by juniorx
i wrote this bit and the answer for the first part but do you definetly lose marks if you don't write: 50c5 x0.1^5 x 0.9^45

It was 3 marks, so you will probably get a mark for the binomial part, a mark for the 50c5... part and a mark for the answer.
So you will probably lose a mark.
Reply 363
roman that is question 2ii but for question 2i u had to times by 3! because there is 6 ways of getting the outcomes

there is not just 3 ways of get them
Reply 364
Original post by jonny7bell
It was 3 marks, so you will probably get a mark for the binomial part, a mark for the 50c5... part and a mark for the answer.
So you will probably lose a mark.

oh great an easy mark lost :angry:
Someone get the paper up, and I'll do an unofficial MS.
There is insufficient evidence to reject ho (accept ho)
Reply 367
roman that is question 2ii but for question 2i u had to times by 3! because there is 6 ways of getting the outcomes

what was this question about?
What did people get for 7 iii)? I got 0.8247 but I really wasn't sure as my numerator was P(hitting at least 1 bulls eye, and hitting 1 bullseye) so I just used my answer for part B which was 0.1548.

W W M
W M W
M W W

surely these are the only ways it can happen?

correct me if i'm wrong lol, could well be.
Reply 370
well i think overall i am now going to get 53/72 which is a b? right? and that is wat i wanted damn happy now :smile: all i can do is pray the grade boundaries are low to confirm my b
Original post by juniorx
what was this question about?

The one about the 5 men and 5 women are doing some competition and what is the probability of 2 women and 1man winning :smile:
Reply 372
juniorx id say u lose a mark for not showing ur calculations unless u mentioned u used the tables in the formual booklet
Reply 373
Original post by princess_96
for the hypothesis testing: as 13/20 guessed correctly

P(X≥13) = 1-P(X≤12) =0.13.. (something)

0.13>sig level

so accept null hypothesis

should be like that^ :/

thank god someone understands how it works. Far too many people not understanding that if it's greater than 0.05 then we accept H0
Reply 374
yh ur right roman soz lol
For the lasr part of question 6, how did people get 9 or 8 boys had a lower weight than the highest female. I got 12 males cos I read it off at 4.34 which was the highest weight of the female. Could someone please tell me what I did wrong :confused:
yh ur right roman soz lol

lolz np xoxoxx
Reply 377
yes i accpeted the null one and the cr region was 14 and up wards so 13 was not in the critcal region thus which is why i rejected null
Original post by hoa123
thank god someone understands how it works. Far too many people not understanding that if it's greater than 0.05 then we accept H0

In every test I did, I said that we don't have enough evidence to reject the null hypothesis. And every time that got me the marks.
Original post by x-Sophie-x
I accepted the null hypothesis!
Why is everyone rejecting it?!
I'm confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're right, it is accept ho. which is the same as saying insufficient evidence/ do not reject ho

Latest

Trending

Trending