The Student Room Group

OCR (not MEI) D1 24th May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by benitashrestha
I got like 90 and 6 :\\

I got this too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 101
What values of x and y did people get for the last question to equal 88 but manage to keep 3x+4y less than 30?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 102
Original post by breakeven
Did this one as a resit from January and I think it was a waste of £20. Didn't go well at all, hope you guys did good though!

£20 wasted on me too, at least we have the Jan mark to fall back on :P
Reply 103
That went absolutely awful! I think I got a U ;(.
Reply 104
Original post by Bloxorus
I got this too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would also say i got this too, but unfortunately i didn't haha. I don't have a clue how i got 90 and 5 :frown:
Original post by ben494
What values of x and y did people get for the last question to equal 88 but manage to keep 3x+4y less than 30?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure I didn't get 88. I think I got 56 or something like that for the optimal graphical solution? I made an error on Simplex.
Reply 106
I got 56 for both graphical and Simplex at (4,4.5)
For an integer solution, I got 54 at (6,3).
Original post by JimmyA*
I would also say i got this too, but unfortunately i didn't haha. I don't have a clue how i got 90 and 5 :frown:

Actually, now that I've read your post, I think I got 90 and 5 too? Because I remember calculating 30/6 to get 5?
Reply 108
Original post by AlesanaWill
I'm pretty sure I didn't get 88. I think I got 56 or something like that for the optimal graphical solution? I made an error on Simplex.

Yeah i got 56 as well but everyone else on here seemed to be getting 88. Glad somebody else got 56!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 109
I think the 88 one was x=6 and y=8, could have been the other way round though. I'm fairly certain this is correct.

yes the values were like 56, 9, 32, 4.5 (down the output column)
I did in my graphical calculator so I still have the answers :smile:
Reply 111

I got 56 too. (Messed up the LP though so couldn't verify it with my graph) I cant see it being 88 since if you solve the simultaneous equation 88=5x+3y and one of the other constraints, 3x+4y=30, you get a negative value for y, which doesn't comply with x,y,z >/= 0
Reply 112
Original post by kabutsu12
I think the 88 one was x=6 and y=8, could have been the other way round though. I'm fairly certain this is correct.

How?
It was outside the feasible region.
Reply 113
can anyone remember the constraint equations and the optimisation formula?
Reply 114

P=5x+8y
-8y+3x}-24
3x+4y{30
3x-2y{12

I think

} = greater than or equal to
{ = less than or equal to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115

I think it was Maximise P = 5x + 3y
Subject to;

3x-2y <12
3y+4y <30
3x-8y>-24
x,y,z>0

(all should be or equal to as well)
I got 56 as well at 4, 4.5
and the integer one at 6,3

i got 5 and 90 for the f and m values.
I didn't think it went that bad but everyone else thought it was horrible
Reply 117
hmm, three of us got 86!
Reply 118
Original post by DarkPeople
Actually, now that I've read your post, I think I got 90 and 5 too? Because I remember calculating 30/6 to get 5?

Yep i did 30/6 aswell. We must have made a mistake somewhere. It meant we couldn't do the third part as i had no clue it was the LCM and HCF :frown:. I think i did awful! :frown:
Reply 119
how many marks were the sections of 6?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending