The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lorobolorolo
For the lasr part of question 6, how did people get 9 or 8 boys had a lower weight than the highest female. I got 12 males cos I read it off at 4.34 which was the highest weight of the female. Could someone please tell me what I did wrong :confused:

it sounds like you did it right, but somehow got 12... i did that and got 8/9.

maybe you just read it wrong off the y-axis?

anyway, you'll still get a majority of the marks if that was your only mistake, i think.
Original post by lorobolorolo
For the lasr part of question 6, how did people get 9 or 8 boys had a lower weight than the highest female. I got 12 males cos I read it off at 4.34 which was the highest weight of the female. Could someone please tell me what I did wrong :confused:

I read it off and got 7 males. They will have a zone of answers probably between 9-5 males as we were physically measuring the graph.
Reply 382
well time to revise for M1 fml o and 53/72 u rekon it will be a B?:confused:
Reply 383
Original post by Mr.yellowey
I did the same, There was wayyy too much probability in this paper

Thats my weakest subject lol, was bricking probability especially the conditional one, anyone remember what they put for the tree diagram conditional probability where it asked what is the probability they'll hit exactly one given they hit atleast 1.
Reply 384
Would 70/72 be 100 ums?
So essentially, if you drew the tree diagram wrong you potentially lost out on 14 marks how awesome. ****ers could have drawn it for us.
Reply 386
p(hitting exactly one |they hit at least one) = P(hitting one and at least one)
p(at least one)

then looking at my previous answer i just plugged in the information, cause u already worked it out in part i and ii
Reply 387
Original post by Blobar
Thats my weakest subject lol, was bricking probability especially the conditional one, anyone remember what they put for the tree diagram conditional probability where it asked what is the probability they'll hit exactly one given they hit atleast 1.

It
Reply 388
LOL MR yellows
What did you guys get for the conditional probability question?

I thought that was probably the hardest question, personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 390
It was something like 0.15925/0.18775 (sorry for the incomplete post before)
Original post by Kcash
Would 70/72 be 100 ums?

yeh i think something like 67 or 68 / 72 is 100UMS

i'm hoping for around 69/70/71
Original post by Mahinder
p(hitting exactly one |they hit at least one) = P(hitting one and at least one)
p(at least one)

then looking at my previous answer i just plugged in the information, cause u already worked it out in part i and ii

So was the answer part ii divided by part i?

Therefore 0.15475/0.271=0.571

Sound familiar or am I completely wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
if 57/72 was 80% ums, how much would the ums go up by each mark after 57?
Original post by Mahinder
yes i accpeted the null one and the cr region was 14 and up wards so 13 was not in the critcal region thus which is why i rejected null

The critical region was 15,16,17,18,19,20.
Original post by Mathsz0r
The critical region was 15,16,17,18,19,20.

I agree with this.
14 wasn't in the critical region.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 396
Original post by x-Sophie-x
What did you guys get for the conditional probability question?

I thought that was probably the hardest question, personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it really wasn't. It was i think the answer to the second part over the answer to the first part
Reply 397
WHAT DID YOU LOT DO FOR YOUR TREE DIAGRAM QUESTION **** THE REST IF YOU GOT 7i) wrong u lost 14 marks that is the most important question in paper what you get i did this i dont know it said something about subsequence and the wording confused me because i thought 1st time probz of bullseye was 0.1. then hitting bullseye was 0.2 then hitting bullseye 0.05. but i just stick to what i was familiar with and done it like i usually do tree tree diagrams. i dunno ocr mei made the paper easy and gave it a bitter finish i dont know if i dun v) and vi) right as well explain the given and last question in full please ya clever bastards

0.1 0.8

0.9 0.8
Original post by Kcash
It was something like 0.15925/0.18775 (sorry for the incomplete post before)

For 7 iii) I got 0.1548/0.1877=0.8247
Is that what you did?

I got 0.1877 for part i), and 0.1548 for part ii).
Original post by Attz_09
WHAT DID YOU LOT DO FOR YOUR TREE DIAGRAM QUESTION **** THE REST IF YOU GOT 7i) wrong u lost 14 marks that is the most important question in paper what you get i did this i dont know it said something about subsequence and the wording confused me because i thought 1st time probz of bullseye was 0.1. then hitting bullseye was 0.2 then hitting bullseye 0.05. but i just stick to what i was familiar with and done it like i usually do tree tree diagrams. i dunno ocr mei made the paper easy and gave it a bitter finish i dont know if i dun v) and vi) right as well explain the given and last question in full please ya clever bastards

0.1 0.8

0.9 0.8

I did something along the lines as that. As long as you got similar answers to everyone else in the questions after it, you will have probably got it correct.

Latest