The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James A
You're profile shows up as banned :rofl:

I see what you did there :tongue:

Indeed. I wasn't too sure whether it was against the rules :K:
And I didn't want to post in Aam :afraid:.
Original post by tigerz

But havn't decided 100% yet, I think getting into maths + stats is easier is well

Really? :s-smilie: I would've thought Maths + Stats is harder to get into, considering maths is one of the most over-subscribed courses. And I can't really imagine actuarial science being that competitive - I thought it was quite niche and most actuaries actually come from Maths/ Physics/ Engineering :redface:
Original post by reubenkinara
Indeed. I wasn't too sure whether it was against the rules :K:
And I didn't want to post in Aam :afraid:.

How did you do it anyways?
Original post by MAyman12
How did you do it anyways?

Oh. It's just my usertitle :smile:
How many exams do you have left this yr?
Reply 2604
Original post by Felix Felicis
Really? :s-smilie: I would've thought Maths + Stats is harder to get into, considering maths is one of the most over-subscribed courses. And I can't really imagine actuarial science being that competitive - I thought it was quite niche and most actuaries actually come from Maths/ Physics/ Engineering :redface:

True, its more over subscribed, I haven't done enough research yet will defo start by the end of June :biggrin:
In some uni's the entry requirements for actuarial science is higher :cry: So my final decision will be based on my results
Oh. It's just my usertitle :smile:
How many exams do you have left this yr?

Two. English and Physics.
Original post by Felix Felicis

Perhaps applied maths or maths+stats isn't that competitive as most applicants tend to go for just maths?
Original post by tigerz
True, its more over subscribed, I haven't done enough research yet will defo start by the end of June :biggrin:
In some uni's the entry requirements for actuarial science is higher :cry: So my final decision will be based on my results

Do you wanna be an actuary when you're older?
Two. English and Physics.

Literature or Language. Physics unit 2-Waves/Circuits?
Okay guys...

Had C3 today, glad I finished really early because there were a few questions which too me time to get right...

I spent for ever trying to do one question and realised I copied out my equation wrong which is why the "show that" wasn't working...

Anyway, rectified it all :biggrin:

So, I'm hoping I got 70+! I mean, if I lost marks on my functions work (there was a whole extra question!) it'd be about 3 marks lost maybe...

Overall... I feel I'll be able to try for an A*! :biggrin:
Reply 2610
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Do you wanna be an actuary when you're older?
I dunno yet, i'm really indecisive hahaha, as long as I get a good degree + job that both involve maths i'm not to fussed!

Perhaps applied maths or maths+stats isn't that competitive as most applicants tend to go for just maths?

Yup, I think I prefer applied
Literature or Language. Physics unit 2-Waves/Circuits?

No, GCSE's:tongue: Still yr 10.
No, GCSE's:tongue: Still yr 10.

Oh! Very early to be thinking about STEP :biggrin:. That's great though :smile: When did you do GCSE maths?
Oh! Very early to be thinking about STEP :biggrin:. That's great though :smile: When did you do GCSE maths?

Last week:biggrin: I've done 22 exams and three left.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz
I dunno yet, i'm really indecisive hahaha, as long as I get a good degree + job that both involve maths i'm not to fussed!

Yup, I think I prefer applied

If you're indecisive you should got for Maths + Stats, keeps your options open as with maths you can pretty much go into anything! Including actuary :wink:. Actuarial science just speeds up the process as you get a few exemptions early...
Reply 2615
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
If you're indecisive you should got for Maths + Stats, keeps your options open as with maths you can pretty much go into anything! Including actuary :wink:. Actuarial science just speeds up the process as you get a few exemptions early...

Yup, only reason why I would go into maths+ stats is because of that! Yeah, exactly, i'm not set on being an actuary so probably won't do acturial science!

Also, theres only like 2 maybe 3 unis that have really caught my eye so I need to see which courses are best for which uni etc :biggrin:

off topic: LOL, my friend just tried to prank call me and failed :rofl3:
(edited 10 years ago)
I don't why but after 10 mins in the C2 exam I felt like I was going to fail and stopped working and started thinking about the re sit for a few minutes. Finished it in 30 mins though. :tongue: ( I didn't talk about what's in the exam or if it was easy or hard)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tigerz
Yup, only reason why I would go into maths+ stats is because of that! Yeah, exactly, i'm not set on being an actuary so probably won't do acturial science!

Also, theres only like 2 maybe 3 unis that have really caught my eye so I need to see which courses are best for which uni etc :biggrin:

Have you thought about Maths + economics? You'd get to do plenty of Stats in that too :tongue:.

Original post by tigerz

off topic: LOL, my friend just tried to prank call me and failed :rofl3:

I tried that on someone on TSR and it failed :sad:
Reply 2618
is this the c2 discussion place??
Original post by Mimi85
is this the c2 discussion place??

Don't think you'll be able to discuss it anywhere if it's Edexcel until midnight

Latest

Trending

Trending