The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2660
Original post by GCSE-help
Yeah like I said I'm not a UMS scavenger type so 98 is brilliant :smile: I would take anything above 90 tbh. But when it gets close to a 100, and you lose a mark for something like that, then it's just :angry:

I never get grades that are that high but if I did, for some reason I like the sound of 97, 99 etc LOOL
100 seems strange for me :wink:
Original post by tigerz
I never get grades that are that high but if I did, for some reason I like the sound of 97, 99 etc LOOL

pffft, 97/99 etc are for people who do things half-way :noway:

All my UMS so far are either 95 or 100 :colone: no half-arsed 98 bull**** :wink:
Missing out on 100 ums because you forget to sub-in the minimum point to find the y-cordinate *facepalms*

i did that today in an alevel exam only I subbed it into the y equation of the next question and used that value...
Original post by justinawe
What if 73/75 is 99 UMS? :colone:

It's only ever 73/75 if it's a hard C2 paper. (And I'm talking in relative terms before someone comes and states that C2 can't be made hard :rolleyes:)
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
It's only ever 73/75 if it's a hard C2 paper. (And I'm talking in relative terms before someone comes and states that C2 can't be made hard :rolleyes:)

So it was easy, then? :colone:
Original post by tigerz

Haha lmao everyone is different I suppose :wink:

By the way guys, I don't understand why we can't discuss the exam before 12? I understand people take british exams in the middle east but they're actually ahead of us in terms of time zones, so they would have done their exams before us anyway?
The paper in which I made this mistake was hard in comparison to previous C2 papers imo. :wink:
So it was easy, then? :colone:

doesn't that count as discussion? :teehee:

By the way guys, I don't understand why we can't discuss the exam before 12? I understand people take british exams in the middle east but they're actually ahead of us in terms of time zones, so they would have done their exams before us anyway?

People could also be behind, and we can't really say how it's going to be done in other countries. Either way, it's to prevent cheating. It's a Friday night anyway; staying up until midnight isn't that much of a problem
Reply 2669
I got;

112sin1y+521y2(y+2)+C\dfrac{11}{2}sin^{-1}y + \dfrac{5}{2}\sqrt{1-y^2}(y+2) + C
doesn't that count as discussion? :teehee:

I think so :mmm: so we'd better leave it at that...
Please guys, if you did Edexcel C2 today, no discussion about the exam questions whatsoever.
This was me when doing tricky maths question.....haha

:work: --> :no: --> :work: --> :facepalm: --> :hmmm: --> :cookie: --> :work: --> :qed:
Original post by CD315
I got;

112sin1y+521y2(y+2)+C\dfrac{11}{2}sin^{-1}y + \dfrac{5}{2}\sqrt{1-y^2}(y+2) + C

It'll be an arithmetic mistake somewhere along the line. I used the substitution you did to get my answer.

You're CCEA, right? How did FP3 go?
Reply 2674
Original post by DJMayes
It'll be an arithmetic mistake somewhere along the line. I used the substitution you did to get my answer.

You're CCEA, right? How did FP3 go?

Seems it went pretty **** judging by this.
Reply 2675

All my UMS so far are either 95 or 100 :colone: no half-arsed 98 bull**** :wink:

I can't speak for a level but in my gcse sciences my first 6 modules were: 80, 80, 80, 80, 80, 100 LOL
Haha yup I know, but I like the number 97 and 99 (dunno why)

Yeah true! Depend on their exam timetable to? I dunno :s-smilie:

&
I think so :mmm: so we'd better leave it at that...

Tut tut :mmm:
Original post by CD315
Seems it went pretty **** judging by this.

It's just one mistake, I'm sure you did fine otherwise :dontknow:

:rofl::toofunny:
What if 73/75 is 99 UMS? :colone:

Impossible
Reply 2679
It's just one mistake, I'm sure you did fine otherwise :dontknow:

I just noticed my mistake. At one point I had sin^3x, then I split that up into sinx(1-cos^2x). However, when expanding I forgot about the sinx so had

sinx - cos^2x. Instead of sinx - sinxcos^2x.

****. Feel so stupid.

How many marks would I lose here? Was out of 5.

Latest

Trending

Trending