The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A Wise Ninja
For 10 bonus points anyone, outline the key concepts of both A'a and Pahoehoe Lava. (no cheating!)

Aa and Pahoehoe came up in my Geology exam on Wednesday, what a lovely question!
Original post by Jade10128
My main contrasting ones are Etna and Montserrat. But I'm trying to get overview of others such as Krakatoa and Mnt Pinatubo to relate to the differing types of volcano

Way too many case studies I need to learn :frown: I can't remember it all..cause in reality you need more than two contrasting I feel

Oh aye :P yeah I may look into another! I have such limited notes for Montserrat :/ did you feel the eruption impacts were mainly influenced by either human or physical factors? :s
Reply 562
Hi, I know the differences between weather associated with a summer and winter anticyclone, but WHY the weather is different in each of these I'm not quite sure on??? help please
Reply 563
in world cities, what does the specification mean by:

Case study of a richer country showing the processes of urbanisation
Case study of a poorer country showing the processes of urbanisation

Because many individual case studys for each process such as suburb/counterurb/reurb/urb...
Reply 564
Original post by Crucial
in world cities, what does the specification mean by:

Case study of a richer country showing the processes of urbanisation
Case study of a poorer country showing the processes of urbanisation

Because many individual case studys for each process such as suburb/counterurb/reurb/urb...

To be honest, I am just learning one case study for each of the processes. my urb is LEDC, suburb is MEDC, counter urb is MEDC and reurb is MEDC
Reply 565
Original post by A Wise Ninja
I'm focusing on tectonics, world cities and development and globalisation- finding that tectonics is MUCH more expansive in terms of things to remember than the other two- anyone else finding this?

Hi im doing the same topics too and I agree there are a lot of key terms to remember but I'm happy im not doing a 40 marker on this topic. Globalisation is so hard especially the 40 markers.
Reply 566
Is anyone else doing tropical wet dry as there tropical climate case study?
Reply 567
Original post by JenniS
Is anyone else doing tropical wet dry as there tropical climate case study?

yep
Reply 568
Original post by Axion
yep

is Kano in west Africa the place your using aswell?
Reply 569
Original post by JenniS
is Kano in west Africa the place your using aswell?

How did you guess?!?!

lol nope.
Reply 570
Original post by Axion
How did you guess?!?!

lol nope.

so 'lol nope' is a no? haha, where are you using then?
Reply 571
Original post by JenniS
so 'lol nope' is a no? haha, where are you using then?

Kakadu, Australia

nvm
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 572
Another question, pollution reduction policies, have you guys done it like proper case studies and if you have, where have you used? or have you just done lots of little ones ie congestion charging, clean air acts etc
anyone else feel even though they are revising it still feels like you know so little! it is so frustrating....
just as a heads up for those who may not know this ...
My teacher found out from a course that the AQA essays are only read once, and examiners only alot 10 minutes to mark them ... so whatever you do don't waffle near the beginning because you want to keep their focus!
Reply 575
Just had an unbelievably epic idea to use in my conflict answers on war
Reply 576
Original post by rosiesaurus
just as a heads up for those who may not know this ...
My teacher found out from a course that the AQA essays are only read once, and examiners only alot 10 minutes to mark them ... so whatever you do don't waffle near the beginning because you want to keep their focus!

True - smash em at the start, make each paragraph have a clear start and write an awesome conclusion with your opinion it it
Is it true that you can't achieve a good grade (B) in this paper by just revising from the AQA book? That seems to be my teacher's opinion.
Reply 578
Original post by wrnicholls
Is it true that you can't achieve a good grade (B) in this paper by just revising from the AQA book? That seems to be my teacher's opinion.

EDIT: oh wait, you said can't. Disagree. Teacher is using scare tactics.

Finishing off my notes on world cities tonight so I can move on tomorrow
Reply 579
Original post by wrnicholls

its like my teacher says you can only get a C using the CGP guide. its best to use some extra stuff, but as long as you know everything that is on the specification you'll be fine. I just used the textbook last year and did well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending