The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2920
Original post by Isometrix
What happened :lolwut:

Defensive errors everywhere, City had over 30 shots....

Youngsters in the team actually did well, despite conceding 4 Blackman pulled off some good saves. Loftus-Cheek played well.

Should have had a penalty, Ramires got sent flying by the goalkeeper who go nowhere near the ball, alas it was just a friendly so it doesn't really matter.

Team looks so tired, clearly looking forward to their holidays after this.
Reply 2921
How did christiensen play anyone who watched the match?
Reply 2923
The club has really started promoting David Luiz a lot these past few weeks. Just an observation

My heart skipped a beat there because I misread Moutinho as Mourinho...

Original post by Skkc16
The club has really started promoting David Luiz a lot these past few weeks. Just an observation

Him and Mata look like they're going to be the face of the future Chelsea.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2925
Original post by nishdish
How did christiensen play anyone who watched the match?

Played well, got a few decent tackles in against the likes of Tevez, and stuck in line well with Cahill. Solid performance. Loftus-Cheek was rather outstanding for his age.
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
My heart skipped a beat there because I misread Moutinho as Mourinho...

Me too! :redface:

70m euros for Moutinho and Rodriguez. Jeez, how much money have Porto raked in from transfer income alone in the last 5-10 years? :lolwut:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2927
Benitez appointed as Napoli boss according to reports.
Glad he's going straight back into a job, deserves it. Hope he does well.

Wondering who'll hire RDM though.
Gundogan would be the best to get now, although there's no way Dortmund will sell him. Although perhaps Ake/Loftus-Cheek/Chalobah would be good enough?
Reply 2929
Me too! :redface:

70m euros for Moutinho and Rodriguez. Jeez, how much money have Porto raked in from transfer income alone in the last 5-10 years? :lolwut:

Think it's somewhere near €400m in profit over last 10 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2930
Original post by Tweek
Played well, got a few decent tackles in against the likes of Tevez, and stuck in line well with Cahill. Solid performance. Loftus-Cheek was rather outstanding for his age.

Nice to hear. Yeah I have a friend who played with him at Chelsea academy he is apparently incredible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone want to talk about delusional arsenal fans? kids in my school saying how they would rather get through the groups stages of the champions league then win the europa like us mighty blues!! they havent one a trophy in 8 years, id be pretty desperate for some silver wear no?
Reply 2932
Original post by rossmafudge
anyone want to talk about delusional arsenal fans? kids in my school saying how they would rather get through the groups stages of the champions league then win the europa like us mighty blues!! they havent one a trophy in 8 years, id be pretty desperate for some silver wear no?

Tell them how was their UEFA cup final back in 2000?
In all seriousness meh people like to defend their team, people who genuinely think that making it out of the CL and getting knocked out in the round of 16 is better than winning the europa is pretty deluded.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2933
Original post by Tweek
Benitez appointed as Napoli boss according to reports.
Glad he's going straight back into a job, deserves it. Hope he does well.

Wondering who'll hire RDM though.

Personally I feel that with RDM he's too risky for any job. He's probably too big for jobs such as norwich/villa etc. but not been at the top long enough like guardiola and benitez(both fast tracked into top level management) to really be considered for most of the top jobs. He'll be a decent manager when a goodish english team manager is sacked(everton e.g.) but I don't see him getting another big break any time soon. It's a shame personally, seeing as many other managers had similar breakthroughs.
Original post by rossmafudge

Would take a CL quarter final over the Europa league tbf, but it's a nice addition to the trophy cabinet. It's also given some of the new players a "taste" for success, and hopefully it drives their hunger for bigger achievements. We need to do better in Europe next season, that's for sure.
Reply 2935
Would take a CL quarter final over the Europa league tbf, but it's a nice addition to the trophy cabinet. It's also given some of the new players a "taste" for success, and hopefully it drives their hunger for bigger achievements. We need to do better in Europe next season, that's for sure.

Quarter final, but not getting knocked out in the round of 16, it's like saying they'd rather not win the league cup and get to the semis of the FA cup than get knocked out in the 3rd round of the FA cup and win the league cup.
Original post by jam277
Quarter final, but not getting knocked out in the round of 16, it's like saying they'd rather not win the league cup and get to the semis of the FA cup than get knocked out in the 3rd round of the FA cup and win the league cup.

Yeah that's true. Especially when you consider that the competition in the Europa from the semi finals onwards is on par with some of the group stage teams in the CL. So getting to the round of 16 is no feat to boast about really, pretty average achievement for a team like Arsenal.
Original post by jam277

can i add that we have won 11 in the last 10 years (i think?) so yes we could say, meh it would have been more respectable to get to the quarters.

they have won nothing and wouldnt have won the europa had they been in it!
Reply 2938
Yeah that's true. Especially when you consider that the competition in the Europa from the semi finals onwards is on par with some of the group stage teams in the CL. So getting to the round of 16 is no feat to boast about really, pretty average achievement for a team like Arsenal.

I'd say from the quarter finals onwards you'd have group stage teams or teams capable of qualifying from there(not even including the likes of napoli, leverkusen and atletico who got knocked out rather early in comparison to their squad strength). From the semi final onwards you have teams just about capable of making the quarters of the CL(benfica and chelsea are the main cases)
Wait, we lost to Monaco in 2004? I didn't even remember... were they good back then or was it just lucky? :s-smilie:

EDIT: Actually I can vaguely remember it... Morientes...

EDIT2: Oh I forgot Ranieri is their manager now... hopefully we meet them again, lol!
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest