The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4500
Apparently these are the new kits for the 2013/14 season. I prefer these ones than to the 2012/13 season. Especially this new home kit as opposed to the previous home one.

Home

Away

Reply 4501
Monaco have confirmed the signings of FC Porto duo Joao Moutinho and James Rodriguez on five-year deals for a combined fee of €70million.

Shame. I remember we were interested in Rodriguez for a while. Great talent.
Reply 4502
Original post by DaveSmith99
Van Persie sent Piers Morgan a gift :rofl:

What a legend.
Also

No way De Gea is hitting that. Fair play son :coma:

Also no surprise RVP has retaliated, Piers has been looking for a reaction out of him ever since he left and he just put him in his place. Should keep his mouth shut. Actions speak louder than words.
Van Persie sent Piers Morgan a gift :rofl:

That is absolutely amazing. :biggrin:
She's only with him because of his extra size fingers
As has been said, I see Phelan has left. I think its probably for the best. He's been a good servant for the club, all those interviews:tongue:, but he wasn't the most tactically astute of assistant managers. I would imagine his working relationship with SAF was what really made him the man for the job and that may not have continued under Moyes. Eric Steele left too which I'm a bit worried about, working with VDS and training De Gea I think we've lost a top level guy there, I hope that was Eric's decision.

Moyes said: "I will be looking to appoint my own members of coaching staff at some point in the future."

Bit worried, I hope Moyes is smart enough to realise, regardless of how much he likes working with the Everton guys they were Everton guys. If you move from Wacky races to Ferrari F1, moving the infrastructure with you in part negates the point in moving. Some of them much like him may be capable of more, but he's not a Jose, who moves his hand picked team from club to club. Mid tables sides are for the most part filled with mid table personnel, that's what makes them mid table. Mark Huges is a classic case of not being able to understand this, and Redknapp is a master of this.
Reply 4507
Original post by doggyfizzel

At the same time, do you not think Moyes needs to do things his way? Trying to adapt to Ferguson's United might not be something that works for him; he'll have his own methods and styles, and perhaps it's better for him to continue as the type of manager he was at Everton where he did so well, rather than change himself to fit around United's current approach. I understand that breaking up a team that has been there for so long doesn't appear to be a good thing, but maybe it's necessary?
Also

Holy ****!!
De gea deserves a round of applause.
Haha, great move by RVP to one of his most non-sensical critics of his move to us. That should keep Piers quiet but if he doesn't then I'm sure RVP will send another frame for each trophy he wins whilst his old club don't.

Phelan/Steele - Not surprised about the former but am of the latter. He learned Spanish to improve communication with DDG (who has got a FIIIIT bird btw) and he's benefitted. But Steele was useful for DDG at that time for him, i.e. a new keeper adjusting to a new country but if Moyes' GK coach can improve him further then it might turn out to be a good move. Going to miss Phelan sporting his shorts when it's absolutely freezing and his odd media interviews but hope Rene is kept on.
Original post by xDave-
At the same time, do you not think Moyes needs to do things his way? Trying to adapt to Ferguson's United might not be something that works for him; he'll have his own methods and styles, and perhaps it's better for him to continue as the type of manager he was at Everton where he did so well, rather than change himself to fit around United's current approach. I understand that breaking up a team that has been there for so long doesn't appear to be a good thing, but maybe it's necessary?
I agree on him doing this his own way, but simply repeating what he did at Everton won't be enough. The situation at United is completely different, his resources are different and the expectations are different. Part of his task will be bringing his own people and his own players, as well as using what is already in place at United, but those new people are not necessarily from Everton. As I said unlike Jose, he's not hopping from top club to top club where he's moving his hand picked staff with him. The players and staff may be familiar but they were the staff available at a club like Everton and now he has a ability to attract bigger and better players and the same applies with his staff. I highly doubt he picked his staff because they were the best in the world, he picked them as they were the best he could attract at Everton. Him applying his own style, may mean changing people about bringing in new people, but simply bringing his Everton guys for most part is not good enough, the same applies with this idea of raiding the Everton team for players. If he's unsure and wants time to make a decisions he'd be far better off sticking with the people that have delivered success at United and know the club and the players, than bringing in his old team to make himself feel comfortable.
Reply 4511

I don't think Moyes has said he's bringing in his staff from Everton, he said he is "I will be looking to appoint my own members of coaching staff at some point in the future" although it seems more likely he's bringing people with him.

I get your point, it is a step up for him and any staff he brings with him. However, I think it will help him if he's not the only new face there- people he's comfortable working with from previous experience at Everton or even new staff he deems capable of the roles and is comfortable working with would imo help smooth his/the players/the clubs transition.

Anyhow, change is inevitable I think it's strong character of him to take hold of the steering wheel and do things with his own unique style. There's a reason he was selected for the job and I genuinely believe that he has the capability to make the correct decisions for the present and future- not forgetting this is all under SAF's and the boards supervision (surely they would have some say??).

I do hope that Steele left out of his own personal decision and wasn't sacked as he's done a brilliant job with the likes of DDG and VDS before him. Really really hoping Rene stays on.
Reply 4512
"Kagawa is May's star man

Shinji Kagawa was the clear winner in ManUtd.com’s Player of the Month poll for May, sealing the title with a convincing margin of votes cast by Manchester United fans around the world."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/May/Shinji-Kagawa-wins-Player-of-the-Month-for-May.aspx

Great to see him recognised, can't wait to see more of him in form next season. Hope Moyes is a fan of him.
bringing in his old team to make himself feel comfortable.

I respect Moyes enough and I believe Moyes isn't selfish enough to do something like that if he thought for even a second it would be detrimental to the club. I doubt that he'd force anyone out of OT.
Original post by mikeyd85
I respect Moyes enough and I believe Moyes isn't selfish enough to do something like that if he thought for even a second it would be detrimental to the club. I doubt that he'd force anyone out of OT.
Not quite what I was meaning. The process of bringing your own staff is to have people you know how to work with, and often bringing your own players helps to establish a base of people you trust and know how to motivate. It's got nothing to do with being selfish, it's trusting the recipe you know brings results. I'm just saying I'm hoping he doesn't make the mistake as countless managers have of not realising he and the people he works with will need to be working on a different level than at Everton. I'd imagine he would move some people on, I'd think Phelan would be one, he's going to have his own style and ideas and not everyone is going to suit that. So long as does so for the right reasons and replaces them suitably, I don't mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Fellani linked again today, want this sealed asap
Original post by retirement
Fellani linked again today, want this sealed asap

I don't want to be linked to him at all. 25mil when the likes of Modric and Cesc went for 5mil more. Different type of players but both capable in a two man midfield.
Carrick creates why modric when kagawa is similar?

We need a hard man next to carrick
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4518
I was thinking, is it possible to do a swap deal with Borussia Dortmund where we get Lewandowski for Rooney?
Original post by qasidb
I was thinking, is it possible to do a swap deal with Borussia Dortmund where we get Lewandowski for Rooney?

When have utd ever done a swap deal I can never ever remember one. I hate it when fans even mmention the idea as we never ddo it

Latest