The Student Room Group

Interview wiith Specsavers

I have an interview with specsavers for a Receptionist next week. any tips or possible questions

Scroll to see replies

make sure you look smart, Questions :and have looked on the website and know a bit about their company and the values and stuff of the comapny. and pledges and stuff
they may ask you what attracted you to the company/ why do you want to work for the company.
have you looked on the webiste.
what would make you a good receptionist.
what are your good qualities, skills, how would you describe yourself/ character
how have you dealt wiht a difficult customer/client in the past
howve you dealt with an angry irate customer, techniques/strategies you would employ.
these are just general questions, i can remember
first impressions always count,
Reply 3
Thanks, got a call saying I was successful and to come for the next interview on Monday. Where I will be put in store and see how I get on. (Don't understand). Please has anyone done this? How do I go about it. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cool,
'Put in a store and see how you do', basically it's like a second interview, maybe cos they had so many applicants, and they want to whittle it down further.
Just be yourself and try not to be nervous, /awkward.
Loads of people do this, (I call it free labour, lol kidding), cos they get so many applicants, they're just trying to make sure they get the best person for the job.
I did one of these for some other job and got really nervous, and acting proper awkward, so I didn't get the job.
Lol they were like after the interview , 'well done for getting this far, you are through to the second stage'
I was like 'second stage, what does that mean'.
'Well,ordinarily you'd have got the job, but because so many people applied, we have to do second interviews.'

Or maybe they really just want to see how you get on, I'm not sure.
Reply 5
Thanks a lot. Got the job but the pay is small

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by tlite4real
Thanks a lot. Got the job but the pay is small

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is the pay like? I have an interview with them soon but I don't want to leave my current job for less pay! Thanks
Reply 7
Original post by bellyboo
What is the pay like? I have an interview with them soon but I don't want to leave my current job for less pay! Thanks

The pay is national minimum wage, £6.19ph.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by TheCreed
The pay is national minimum wage, £6.19ph.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh not great then but only a few pence less then I get at my current job lol
Do you work for specsavers ? Would you recommend it to be a good place to work? Thanks x
Reply 9
Oh not great then but only a few pence less then I get at my current job lol
Do you work for specsavers ? Would you recommend it to be a good place to work? Thanks x

Yep! I thought it would be higher myself but I do quite a lot of hours so I guess it makes up for it being NMW.

And I do work for Specsavers indeed. It is a good company to work for, definitely one of the better jobs I've had in recent years! The company treats and trains you well. They have sent me on quite a few training courses now with more booked next month. There's room for career progression in the company if that's what you'd like to do and if you would like to learn how to dispense and things then there's always different things to do in a day.

What job role are you interviewing for may I ask?
Reply 10
I agree with "the creed" it's a good place to work and lots or training. I was paid 6.50.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Yep! I thought it would be higher myself but I do quite a lot of hours so I guess it makes up for it being NMW.

And I do work for Specsavers indeed. It is a good company to work for, definitely one of the better jobs I've had in recent years! The company treats and trains you well. They have sent me on quite a few training courses now with more booked next month. There's room for career progression in the company if that's what you'd like to do and if you would like to learn how to dispense and things then there's always different things to do in a day.

What job role are you interviewing for may I ask?

Thanks for the reply- really appreciate it! Sounds like a good place to work at-compared to where i am currently at! I will make sure I go to the interview and go from there :smile:! I applied for Optical Assistant-full time!
Reply 12
I start working at Specsavers tomorrow and I am really nervous!
Reply 13
Thanks for the reply- really appreciate it! Sounds like a good place to work at-compared to where i am currently at! I will make sure I go to the interview and go from there :smile:! I applied for Optical Assistant-full time!

You're very welcome! Good luck for the interview. If you need any help with the possible questions just PM me. That's the same role as me. Lots of training opportunities and different things to so in a day. All the best with it :smile:

Original post by Ammy97
I start working at Specsavers tomorrow and I am really nervous!

Don't worry Ammy, you'll be fine. There's a lot to take in at first but you will get the hang of it pretty quickly and just try and learn as much as you can if you're shadowing anybody. Good luck, it will all go well! Let us know how you get on!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
You're very welcome! Good luck for the interview. If you need any help with the possible questions just PM me. That's the same role as me. Lots of training opportunities and different things to so in a day. All the best with it :smile:

Don't worry Ammy, you'll be fine. There's a lot to take in at first but you will get the hang of it pretty quickly and just try and learn as much as you can if you're shadowing anybody. Good luck, it will all go well! Let us know how you get on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! I shadowed someone for my entire shift so that was a great way to learn the ropes. I also booked some appointments and was shown how to carry out pre-testing! The pay isn't wonderful but it is better than nothing and I am gaining experience :biggrin:
Are Specsavers good to work for?
Reply 16
Original post by Ammy97
Thank you!! I shadowed someone for my entire shift so that was a great way to learn the ropes. I also booked some appointments and was shown how to carry out pre-testing! The pay isn't wonderful but it is better than nothing and I am gaining experience :biggrin:

Ah that's great! I haven't even been shown how to do pre-testing yet so it's good that you're getting to learn everything! Is your store a big or small one?

Original post by ultimate mashup
Are Specsavers good to work for?

Their training is good, they send you on courses and things. Room for career progression if you want it, not as monotonous as say working as a cashier and 90 percent of the customers are always pleasant! Only downside I guess is it's NMW and there are a few others but that's only specific to the store I work in. The bad points about mine won't necessarily be in a store you work in depending on your management and things.

You have an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Interview tomorrow- feeling nervous :frown:! Anyone have any tips -or what to expect? Thanks xx
Reply 18
Ah that's great! I haven't even been shown how to do pre-testing yet so it's good that you're getting to learn everything! Is your store a big or small one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is quite a small one I would say! Yeah pre-testing is great, I am yet to do it on customers yet (eeek scary) but I have been doing it on my managers which is equally as scary. I am going on a training course tomorrow which should be fun.... :smile:
Reply 19
Interview tomorrow- feeling nervous :frown:! Anyone have any tips -or what to expect? Thanks xx

Hello,

It will probably vary from store to store, I have been working at Specsavers for about 3 weeks now (I work on Saturdays).

When I had my interview I was asked what I knew about the company and why I wanted the job. I also was asked to tell them a bit about myself and just general things like what A levels I am doing. Do not be nervous - you will be fine!! Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest