The Student Room Group

A2-AQA GOV4A Politics 10th June 2013

Hey,

So I thought I'd make a thread on this exam since I couldn't find one...

Which two topics will you guys pick for the exam? I'll most probably do Constitution and the Supreme Court!

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
I'll probably do the first 2 topics, Constitution and Congress!

Incidentally, does anyone have the January 2013 questions? I need them urgently!!! Thanks :smile:
Original post by kjdemaria

Incidentally, does anyone have the January 2013 questions? I need them urgently!!! Thanks :smile:

I think you can only sit this paper in the summer, which is the reason why there's not that many past papers :smile:
Reply 4

Same here, I was ill and missed all of the Presidency though so I have no choice really :') yeah I really need some more past papers too haha!
guys I am just focusing on Constitution and Judiciary.

I have a question how many synoptic links do you include in your essay? And how can you get 30/30 or close to this for the essay

I really want an A this year got an A overall last year for AS
Original post by ineedtorevise127
guys I am just focusing on Constitution and Judiciary.

I have a question how many synoptic links do you include in your essay? And how can you get 30/30 or close to this for the essay

I really want an A this year got an A overall last year for AS

I'd suggest revising three topics just in case one of the topics have terrible questions and you have another topic as a back up
I reckon about 5 synoptic links where it's necessary
I don't really know how you'd get 30 marks but to get near: loads of examples, statistics are really useful, lots of analysis and quotes e.g from politicians or political scientists
Same, I really want an A, hope my post helps though :smile:
Original post by pink pineapple
I'd suggest revising three topics just in case one of the topics have terrible questions and you have another topic as a back up
I reckon about 5 synoptic links where it's necessary
I don't really know how you'd get 30 marks but to get near: loads of examples, statistics are really useful, lots of analysis and quotes e.g from politicians or political scientists
Same, I really want an A, hope my post helps though :smile:

it does thanks
Reply 8
I found thus useful website for those who are doing A2 Politics.
Hope it helps :smile:
http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/politics/C107/P90
And, does anyone have any useful notes on 'Federalism under Obama'?
Reply 9

They don't do January papers for this unit :smile:
Thanks for creating the thread! Just wondering if any of you think federalism will come up this year? It hasn't really been up before, as a direct question on federalism. Second question is, was the Burger court judicially active or restraint? Many thanks :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Hannahm1995
Thanks for creating the thread! Just wondering if any of you think federalism will come up this year? It hasn't really been up before, as a direct question on federalism. Second question is, was the Burger court judicially active or restraint? Many thanks :smile:

I really think it will come up, there's a lot they could ask about it and as you say, they haven't really focused on it before :smile: but we don't do the SCOTUS unit, so I can't help you with the second question sorry :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Templar49
I really think it will come up, there's a lot they could ask about it and as you say, they haven't really focused on it before :smile: but we don't do the SCOTUS unit, so I can't help you with the second question sorry :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brilliant! I hope it does, I really like federalism and they haven't done it before! Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Brilliant! I hope it does, I really like federalism and they haven't done it before! Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like it too, I'd do a lot better if it came up anyway ahah! No problem :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you reckon federalism will come up as a ten marker or a thirty marker? :smile:
Reply 15

Burger court was seen as judicially active due to Roe v.Wade :smile:
Original post by ILoveTehran
Burger court was seen as judicially active due to Roe v.Wade :smile:

Great! Thank you:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Great! Thank you:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem! What's your guess on a Q on Federalism? :smile:
Original post by ILoveTehran
No problem! What's your guess on a Q on Federalism? :smile:

Not sure! Just really hoping it will come up as a thirty marker :smile: I'm so bad at guessing what will come up though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone doing GOVP3A on Tuesday so stuck on this unit!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending