The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by salini1995
Hey u guys how was c2

^ up a bit, not too far but there's a massive red thing saying we can't talk about it until midnight
Reply 2781
Original post by MathsNerd1
Indeed! I'll probably try some STEP questions at that time of night too as there's nothing else I could do really :tongue:

Yeah use your time wisely :smile: I think i'm gonna try step sometime next year, just for jokes sake haha
*revising chemistry* =:stupido:
Original post by salini1995
Hey u guys how was c2

:biggrin:,,
Original post by Robbie242
^ up a bit, not too far but there's a massive red thing saying we can't talk about it until midnight

Well it's midnight here:tongue:
Reply 2784
Original post by tigerz
Ahh, unless your 'youtubing' exam solutions or revision videos your just gonna end up watching random shiz :h::giggle:

Exactly. Worst part is you can't escape Youtube's recommended videos...
It's scary... :rolleyes:
Original post by tigerz
Yeah use your time wisely :smile: I think i'm gonna try step sometime next year, just for jokes sake haha
*revising chemistry* =:stupido:

Actually, I might need to do some Chemistry or C3 but I'd rather do the C3 than the Chemistry any day :tongue:
Original post by The Polymath
Why's that, might I ask? Most people will probably stand a better chance at one than the other, I'm just wondering what your reasoning is :smile:

Please refrain from profanity on TSR, as outlined in the forum guidelines. Thank you.

phahahahahahahaha
Reply 2787
Original post by James A
I know where I stand as far as my performance goes.

I'm gonna see if Arsey uploads the solutions bang on at midnight. For the S1 and C1 exams he was bang on at midnight (although I didn't do those papers, I still just wanted to see what everyone's reaction was.

Arsey is a legend :badger:

Haha yup, he really is :adore: Also, me and one of my friends had a slight disagreement about the paper so i'll get to find out who was right too! :colone:
Original post by tigerz
LOL yeah I went Cambridge last year , they also called it 'that other place down there' :giggle:

Haha, you is very knowledgeable, it will help me decide :smile:
WAHEY! Then I can calculate my AS maths average, gotta love Arseys model answers!

edit: I have nothing for/against either Oxford or Cambridge :smile: Just found it funny that they say that LOL I love rivalry

Yh there's plenty of time to decide so there's no rush :tongue:, Miss Statistics :wink:
Same, once I see the MS I pretty much know what score I'm gonna get in AS Maths :redface:, crazy right!
Reply 2789
Original post by James A
I know where I stand as far as my performance goes.

I'm gonna see if Arsey uploads the solutions bang on at midnight. For the S1 and C1 exams he was bang on at midnight (although I didn't do those papers, I still just wanted to see what everyone's reaction was.

Arsey is a legend :badger:

True, he should get some sort of nominal role in TSR.
Wish there were Arsey-like people for other subjects, we end up creating our own markschemes.
Original post by Robbie242

It's a trap! :eek:
Original post by NabRoh
True, he should get some sort of nominal role in TSR.
Wish there were Arsey-like people for other subjects, we end up creating our own markschemes.

One day, I shall do them for...

Mathematics (maybe)
Physics (again, maybe)
Chemistry
Geography (this is different)
French (as above)

But yeah :colone:
Original post by GCSE-help
I'm really going to try to avoid looking at solutions tonight. Need my sleep to get revising for sciences from tomorrow, neglected them so much over the last 10 days :redface: Are we expecting any surprises?

What type of surprises?
Reply 2793
Original post by NabRoh
Hey hey hey. Hold up hold up hold up. As a future hopeful unlikely candidate for Cambridge Engineering admissions I resent your tone.
I am willing to work out your differences with CamEng with you.
Thank you.

:teehee:

I was, of course, joking! Getting anywhere near the Cambridge Engineering department would be an incredible achievement! :biggrin:

That said, it's mathematician-physicists-engineer banter! It's always fair game, everybody knows that! :wink: Big-bang-theory style - whaaaaaat up!

Every time I've visited Warwick the lecturer has started and closed with a mathematician-physicist-engineer joke! Every time! :lol: They love it! :lol:
Original post by tigerz
ARRGGH *hides* :ahhhhh::eek3:

I'm in the exact same situation! I find both interesting, I don't just want to do Maths for the sake of doing maths, but I don't just want to do stats all day etc haha
Yup, tbh they blend together at certain points and I think that's when I like it the most! :')

I just wish there was a way to combine my interests (perhaps things like quantum mechanics will bridge the gap?) **** statistics though, absolute joke... :tongue:

P.S. nice speech lols

I have a habit of writing speeches on TSR. I'm pretty sure no-one reads them half the time :lol:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
What type of surprises?

Any question that was causing major disagreements in school :colondollar:

I know there was one which everyone had different answers for, but I'm confident mine is right :P
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
What type of surprises?

Hopefully, there are going to be no surprises.:redface: I won't look anyway.
Original post by GCSE-help
Any question that was causing major disagreements in school :colondollar:

I know there was one which everyone had different answers for, but I'm confident mine is right :P

Which topic? don't say the question:surprise: The last question? Don't say int.
Reply 2797
Original post by Jkn
:teehee:

I was, of course, joking! Getting anywhere near the Cambridge Engineering department would be an incredible achievement! :biggrin:

That said, it's mathematician-physicists-engineer banter! It's always fair game, everybody knows that! :wink: Big-bang-theory style - whaaaaaat up!

Every time I've visited Warwick the lecturer has started and closed with a mathematician-physicist-engineer joke! Every time! :lol: They love it! :lol:

I know! I wasn't taking you seriously. And I very much look forward to this engineering-mathematician-physicist banter. It's what gets me excited about uni!! :rolleyes:
Lool loads of people on this thread racking up 10 warning points already.

I have learnt since January, the 2week ban going through all my Jan exams was unbearable
Reply 2799
Original post by L'Evil Fish
One day, I shall do them for...

Mathematics (maybe)
Physics (again, maybe)
Chemistry
Geography (this is different)
French (as above)

But yeah :colone:

I said one day I would make a competitor to TSR, that was a few years back. I have to first make it before I steal users from here :colone:

Latest

Trending

Trending